Felder fighter pay vs commentary pay?

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is comparable? If it is roughly the same... and he chose to fight RDA for 5 rounds at 155 on 5 days notice then... give him respect, so what if he uses himself as a reference point one 15 second segment every other fight

I would imagine his base pay + potential win bonus would be more but yeah

I'm sure one fight week/camp pays more than one week of commentating.

So due to that, its worth it pay wise and what does he have to lose?

If he wins, he can decide to keep fighting and now has momentum at LW. Great name added to his resume as well.
If he loses ... he goes back to commentating while also being on Dana's good side.

Win/Win as long as he doesn't get hurt too badly.

He's doing a favor for the UFC. Just like DC has done in the past. And we all know how well DC has and will continue to be treated. Very smart move by Felder, that has very little to do with short term gain. Win or lose he's banking goodwill with Dana and the UFC. At his age he's playing the long game.

In think his contract is something like $80K/$80K. So if he wins, and gets a post-fight bonus (which he's done several times), that's $210K, which is for sure more a lot more than he'd make commentating one event. Even just the $80K show is definitely more. Not to mention if he gets a big W in a main event spot after stepping up on short notice, it will be big for his career and increase his monetary opportunities going forward.

I believe if he fought three times a year he would make a lot more, but the commentary job is steady and a good career he should definitely stick with.
But more money this month by taking the fight.

I am curious. Does anybody have any idea how much they get paid as commentators?

Seems like the dude is a competitor and still wants to be champ. What a weirdo!

Do some contracts make provision for headlining/ Main events other than PPV?

Seems like it would be a reasonable ask when negotiating... Get a lil boost if you headline a fight night or ESPN card.....

Just curious.... Frankie NY would have known..... Cause he knew stuff.

He probably gets 1000 or 800 per event or something like that, probably less for the contender series.

I bet he’s getting a nice bonus for taking this late. He really has nothing to lose here except for potentially some brain cells.

There’s people that actually think Felder’s commentary pay is comparable to what he earns per fight?

It’s maddening how dumb some people are.

If they pay him by the number of times he mentions himself during fights he was supposed to commentate, that would explain a lot of things.

Does anyone know if it is comparable? If it is roughly the same... and he chose to fight RDA for 5 rounds at 155 on 5 days notice then... give him respect, so what if he uses himself as a reference point one 15 second segment every other fight

I would imagine his base pay + potential win bonus would be more but yeah

i bet his fighter pay is more cause his pay for commentor is im sure based on working a year of said events.

He said he took the fight to get paid which I translate to Commentary salary sucks big time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back