International Feinstein(D) Claims China 'Growing Into Respectable Nation'

China has problems but let's stop throwing a fit any time someone complements China. Bernie gave China credit for lifting hundreds of millions out of poverty and the media ate him alive for it. It's ridiculous. We should be able to call out their bad stuff and give them credit for the good they do.
That's a natural side effect if a free market.

It's happened in China DESPITE government direction.

That's a natural side effect if a free market.

It's happened in China DESPITE government direction.
Somalia has a free market. Free market itself doesn't prosper without political stability, public safety and infrastructure. You need governments for that. Economic freedom can coexist with authoritarianism, with Singapore being a prime example.

Somalia has a free market. Free market itself doesn't prosper without political stability, public safety and infrastructure. You need governments for that. Economic freedom can coexist with authoritarianism, with Singapore being a prime example.
Agreed to points 1 + 2. As for Singapore, gotta claim ignorance to their sitch, but nice to know authoritarians can work for the good of their people on occasion.

This entire thread serves as a strong reminder that most people here are, at best, middle income idiots who think Chinese investment is unique to their preferred political enemy or protagonist.
We live in a global society with a shitload of rotten powerful people working across borders to enrich themselves.

I had a chance to tour some "smaller" chinese cities in the mid 2000s as basically a social flex by my father, because some rich chinese dudes wanted his help with American style stripmalls, which he had managed before stateside, but wanted to show he was a legitimate family man. Chinese business dudes love the son flex and I was fed luxurious bullshit like abalone in rooms of dudes chainsmoking who were easily worth 8-9 figures, and a few different mayors of 6-10 million person cities. It was basically just an old boys club of rich as fuck corrupt dudes, which is hardly unique to China. This didn't stop every major corporation under the sun from trying to do business over there. Landing Walmart as an anchor-store was always the goal and I got to visit the Walmart offices in Schenzen.

Last edited:
It would be nice if we could get along but...China is so rich and has so many high level folks in their pockets that they don’t have to physically attack America.

They own way too much of western resources via buying companies.

They’re still developing satellite warfare technologies probably far ahead of ours.

The only saving grace is how intertwined our economies are and how greedy “leaders” here and there are.

Neither side wants to lose the millions/billions they’ll never be able to spend in their lifetimes.

These people are fucking psycho/sociopaths.

Lmao I dunno man how do you rate it

I was psyched. Curtailing Chinese expansion of infrastructure and data collection is paramount to thwarting their attempt at global dominance. Meanwhile we need to repatriate industry, or offshore to places more friendly. I think an investment in Mexico would go a long way. Then somewhere down the line the shooting starts. Unless China pussies out.

The ruling class that invented Marxism/communism/Leftism and the central bank is now my narrative?

It's reality and that's exactly what Kennedy was talking about. He was speaking to the press about the spread of a dangerous ideology many of the posters here embrace with extreme devotion.

He said the press needs to be on our side but we all know which side they chose.

<{hfved}>

Modern liberal darling, Senator Feinstein, who best known for trying to smear a hero judge and inviting far left agitators to Senate hearings, recently said China is becoming a 'Respectable Nation'. China that caused the corona virus, has terrible human right violations among the Uighurs and Hong Kong, that steals intellectual property at a global scale, etc, the list goes on. This is perhaps one of the most egregious statements coming out of a US senator. She had a Chinese spy on her own staff FFS.

You see people like this and have to wonder what they have on her.

OIP.oDh9uvGVsafUrC_ENQIKdgHaE8

<{clintugh}>

Bro alot of politicians are getting money from China on the low.

One of them was recently arrested here in LA county his name is Jose Huizar he was getting money from china and also had a grip of crimes during office

Los Angeles councilman faces 34 federal charges in alleged bribery scheme
Prosecutors say Jose Huizar took $1.5 million in cash and benefits.

The new allegations include multiple counts of wire fraud, mail fraud, traveling interstate in aid of racketeering, bribery and money laundering and single counts of structuring cash deposits to conceal bribes, making a false statement to a financial institution, making false statements to federal law enforcement and tax evasion.

The case stems from allegations that Huizar took bribes from an unnamed Chinese billionaire developer and others in exchange for weighing in favorably on proposed construction projects.

Huizar was chair of the city's powerful Planning and Land Use Management Committee.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...deral-charges-alleged-bribery-scheme-n1235393

Don't worry guys, she only learned about China's becoming of a great and ethical nation, from her limo driver
He told her all about China's forced abortions, communist government and the wonderful delicases such as bat soup in wuhans wet market districts.

She can't wait to visit and send you all a postcard

You are aware that China's market reforms were heavily driven by centralized planning and state enterprises right? If lack of restrictions were the recipe for success, then Somalia would surely be the most dynamic economy in the world. People in India enjoy much greater political freedom than Chinese, and they both had similar sized economies in early 1990's. China's economy is five times the size of India today, and that gap is still growing.

Look at the Asian Tigers (Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore and HK). Their greatest period of growth was under authoritarian rules. CCP is simply copying that playbook.

sorry I haven’t addressed this, I only post from my phone and haven’t had the time to reply.

First of all, state enterprises played a role in their economic boom insofar as them being outperformed made the Chinese have more incentive to privatize

Second, the Somalia thing Is retarded and terribly outdated

3rd, what China did is nothing like what the South Koreans and Japanese did. In fact, what they’ve done is not (until recently) was not comparable to any of the Asian tigers. Singapore and Taiwan were/are largely free market economies where the government doesn’t get very involved in business

South Korea and Japan actively aided their businesses with tax breaks, subsidies, and bailouts if needed.

it is true that the CCP did play a part in increasing prosperity and even state owned companies too - the CCP has state owned companies which employed many to create infrastructure- and the CCP made China very attractive by doing things like building factories for foreign companies

but I was talking about the 1980s. The Chinese finally were taking up The role of the Tigers Korea and Japan, with companies like Huawei which they have aided since the beginning but that is very recently in history

Back