Feel like Ice Cube....It was a good day !

NuTzOnSwOll

Purple Belt
Reaction score
You guys ever had that day where everything in the gym went right ?

Show up at my boxing gym , all sore legs/thighs/shins from sparring on the weekdays.
Showed some good speed on the bag.
Sparred one guy ,helping me prepare hes had 3-4 KB fights ,3-4 boxing fights.
He was allowed to punch n kick (only waist n higher , my legs were done). Did three solid rounds without getting tagged by anything significant then got my first knockdown by bodyshot (punch). Right hook to the liver and he had to stop n take a breather :icon_chee.
Damn, three years chasing that punch to the body knockdown and FINALLY !
What can i say, its hard bodyshotting ppl when u tower over them.
Dont get me wrong ive dropped a guy writhing in agony from a SBK to the liver,stopped a guy from knee to sternum, tightened ppl up from left hooks and straight rights to the body but just never that one-shot-stopper. Three months at a PURE boxing gym n yeah baby !
Now all i need is a one-shot-drop from my left hook to the liver and i can rest in peace.

After that i sparred my gym boogabear.
You know, that one guy in the gym who for whatever reason you have some real knockdown gym wars with. Something about his timing vs yours,or his style or mindset and it just doesnt mesh well with yours.
Its always draining mentally/physically fighting (sparring :D) him and in fact you might even be tempted to avoid sparring him (i dont).
Well my guy is a come foward,accurate punching,fairly smart,tough as nails,excellent cardio,mentally tough southpaw. Hes had about 25-30 ammy fights.
First time i sparred him , i guess he wasnt used to the height difference and i ended up blackening both his eyes (I know the right one was done for sure ,the left looked a lil off color... though my jaw was sore). Second time , he really learned his lesson cuz he switched to a style i'd never seen before (compounded by his being a southpaw) and he just beat on me. Specially when i got tired in the last two rounds but hey i dont believe in jumping out just cuz you're tired , when you're sparring hard. You DO NOT jump in , blitz a guy for a round n half n then say " Whoops ! Im tired ....see ya !"
You better STFU n take your lumps.
The next two times we had we both gave and took on an even footing (i always start better , he always a lil stronger in the end and hes always good in the clinch)
Today however i did really good. 4 rounds of 3 minutes (45 sec break) with him (plus 3 rounds with the last guy , all continuous) and he hit me with only 3-4 (maybe) punches of any significance.
Meanwhile i countered the shit outta him , moved good,jabbed good,dropped that counter-right hand almost at will, clinched him tighter than a 16 year ol's pussy and landed multiple good shots in the clinch and THEN HE CALLED IT QUITS after 4 rounds...from fatigue !!!
I dunno wtf if he was havin a bad cardio day or whatever but shit i'll take it cuz i was ready to go n i know he would've loved to go on if he could cuz he prides himself on his cardio.

Whether it was a one-off day for me or if ive turned a small corner today..either way it was a good day !

:icon_chee :D :icon_chee

Good to hear, maybe i'm just really tired but how do you throw a right hook to the liver when the liver on the your left (when facing an opponent square). Unless you stepped around him to his side and threw it? but even then that is weird?

Good to hear, maybe i'm just really tired but how do you throw a right hook to the liver when the liver on the your left (when facing an opponent square). Unless you stepped around him to his side and threw it? but even then that is weird?

He right kicked n i grabbed his leg , torqued his body to my right then let fly a long right hook to his right ribcage .Made a nice smack ! :icon_chee
He did that Cro cop 'hold on' sign (when Hoost hit him) and turned away n walked around a bit.

you can also throw that RH to the liver by side stepping to your left and throw a right hook as he throws a right .......a lil tricky though because it has to land just right...as his right ribcage reaches full extension u punch has to land at the exact same time.
Its easier on a southpaw though. Of course its harder to dig that left hook in his ribs though .

He right kicked n i grabbed his leg , torqued his body to my right then let fly a long right hook to his right ribcage .Made a nice smack ! :icon_chee
He did that Cro cop 'hold on' sign (when Hoost hit him) and turned away n walked around a bit.

you can also throw that RH to the liver by side stepping to your left and throw a right hook as he throws a right .......a lil tricky though because it has to land just right...as his right ribcage reaches full extension u punch has to land at the exact same time.
Its easier on a southpaw though. Of course its harder to dig that left hook in his ribs though .

Ahhh thats what I figured with the whole side stepping thing but that is tricky to pull off so wasn't sure if that is what you were referring to. Catching the leg and throwing it to the side opens up the liver also, puts you in the same position as side stepping the right hand to open the liver. I'm falling asleep here so my mind isn't all there, had to think about that for a sec lol.

I love days like those.

There's some days in training that go soo well that I feel as if I can beat Mike Tyson.:p

Back