Feel like cookie dough.

In two-three weeks the muscle soreness will most likely stop.. However I know how you feel I felt like SHIT yesterday nothing was working.. While rolling I was basically using only one hand and underhooks because I somehow injured two fingers on my right hand so I couldn't grip well.. When doing my bag rounds after rolling couldn't hit for shit with the right, so I was kicking more. (Doing the Bas MMA tape) then after a sprawl when I was on the ground doing the left-right-left-right (people who've done the Bas know what I'm talking about) my bloody right knee popped.. So basically I had 2 more MMA rounds, and 4 muay thai rounds and it hurt like hell everytime I kicked, threw hard with the right, or kneed..

You'll just have some bad days injury wise, however most the time, hopefully, you'll have good days.

Also, I have to agree with the one guy 100% sport jiu-jitsu you'll feel better most the time than 6 days a week of MMA, No-Gi BJJ, and Muay Thai.. However I believe I can attribute my back damn near always feeling like shit to all the jiu-jitsu.. And I'm only 19 ;[

The opposite is going to happen also bOb, you come in to the school so stiff and sore, but you force yourself to work out, and before you know it you feel all limber and great. Those are good training days!

you will bruise less over time -- when I started I was ridiculously black and blue.
As for the leg cramps, amen to the post class stretch, also try eating a banana
before class --an extra shot of potassium can really help with cramping -- also make sure
you are fully hydrated before, during and after class. I drink 40 oz of water during a hard class
and another 32 after.

Good point about the hydration. When I first started at my current academy I always drank a gallon of water before making it into the gym. I ate well, took a multi vitamin, got a reasonable amount of protein and carbs.. ate no cheese, sweets, greasy food. At all.. ect..

..Those were the days.

drinking water when you're already dehydrated doesnt help much. it takes so long to get where it needs to do the cramping will be gone anyways by that time. if you need something quicker, a sports drink like gatorade or powerade (not the caffine shit) is best here. basically refuels you as it says on the label, and this is chemically true.

drink water throughout your day so you piss clear in the morning and everytime you piss it should be clear. if it's not, then you need to down a good measure of h2o, my friend.

some minerals you might take in supps or vitamins can make it look more yellow or darker though, so keep that in mind if you're drinking a lot and still not crystal. you can also drink so much water you can hurt or kill yourself by washing out all your electrolytes too, but most people can easily find the balance.

drink often, and whenever you have the chance during your regular day. drink a little to keep your mouth wet during mat time. and drink one last measure before you go to sleep. you're headed for 8 or so hours so you want something in you during that time.

good hydration will keep your cardio up and better energised and your muscles recover faster because all the wastes and acids are washed out.

Ice intitially for the pain and swelling
Advil before bed
Arnica for the bruises

Also, try contrast showers (hot then cold) and epsom salt baths for overall shitty soreness.

But yeah, it's part of the game.

Enjoy.

As far as the dehydration, that is definitely a problem. I spend about 4 hours a day on a concrete aircraft ramp in Dallas. It has been averaging well over 100 on the ramp, EVEN THIS LATE INTO SEPT!!! I will try to drink more water throughout the day.

It's the good kinda hurt.

I recommend stretching after workouts.

Back