Fedro vs Overeem would be a cool match at this Stage of their careers

Glass vs Glass, KO odds would be like -9000, probably set a Vegas record.

Fedor was past his prime at 31? Lol that's a bit of a stretch. Even past his peak he was still considered the man at HW, which was the same time Overeem was making his run. This fight was initially meant to be made in 2009 which was arguably when reem was at maximum horsemeat, not considering his econo-reem run in UFC.

Both guys still had that aura of invincibility at the time which is why it was the fight to make. It's funny how all you guys initially disagree with me but then agree with me when you explain yourselves lol

I said horse meat reem beats strikeforce fedor

-you said no, then tell me fedor was past his prime.

I said fedors management avoided that fight like the plague

-you tell me he was being carefully managed by vadim and fighting for cash lmao

I don't get the argument at this point if you're literally agreeing with me. The fight was meant to be made in 2009 after the Roger's fight, fedors management picked werdum instead lost and went on a losing streak. He was ripe for the picking in 09, and we saw that to be true.

Again, my original statement that peak juice pre UFC overeem destroys that version of fedor and his management tried to cherry pick an easier fight. Not that I blame them, reem pissed so hot he melted the cup lol.

What are you talking about?

You said: Absolute crime this fight never happened when Ubereem and Fedor had the aura of invincibility still.

And as i said, Fedor and Overeem didn't have an aura of invincibility at the same time. Fedor had his in 2004, Overeem 10 years later after juicing.

In 2004 Overeem was busy losing to LHWs.

I've literally never read anything else you've said.

Would have been a fun fight 10 years ago. I don't want to see Fedor get slept again. He's deteriorated a lot more than Reem has. 40 is about the end of the road if a fighter isn't on PEDs, and I don't think current Fedor is using. He looked OK against Page, but Page looked about as on point as Chuck did in his last fight.

What are you talking about?

You said: Absolute crime this fight never happened when Ubereem and Fedor had the aura of invincibility still.

And as i said, Fedor and Overeem didn't have an aura of invincibility at the same time. Fedor had his in 2004, Overeem 10 years later after juicing.

In 2004 Overeem was busy losing to LHWs.

I've literally never read anything else you've said.

The fight was supposed to be made in 2009. Fedor was the man, Overeem was the dark horse.

As you even admitted fedor was past his prime, ducked the fight, lost his next 3.

2009 overeem woulda destroyed 2009 fedor.

The fight was supposed to be made in 2009. Fedor was the man, Overeem was the dark horse.

As you even admitted fedor was past his prime, ducked the fight, lost his next 3.

2009 overeem woulda destroyed 2009 fedor.

1997 Tyson would have wrecked 1997 Muhammad Ali. You don't seem that bright.

1997 Tyson would have wrecked 1997 Muhammad Ali. You don't seem that bright.

Lmfao ya sorry forgot fedor was apparently over the hill at 31 that's why you admitted to him ducking overeem and only fighting for a paycheck

<DisgustingHHH>

He couldn't beat werdum, bigfoot, or dan Henderson at that exact point in time that this fight was supposed to be made, but he would of beat the guy destroying everyone at HW?

I just dont see it bro, didn't see it then, definitely don't see it now. Not a knock on fedor who's an ATG either, just an objective look at where they both were in their career at that point in time. Fedor was careening over the other side of the hill, reem was at maximum horse meat.
Ask for Fedors forgiveness. It may be granted. Benevolent God is He.

Lmfao ya sorry forgot fedor was apparently over the hill at 31 that's why you admitted to him ducking overeem and only fighting for a paycheck

<DisgustingHHH>

Confusing age with level of performance?

Noob confirmed.

Fedor had stopped fighting 3 sambo tournaments per year (9 fights usually), stopped training at Golden Glory with guys like Ernesto Hoost/Red Devil etc and moved back to Stary Oskol to train on his own. That's why he was past his prime.

Since you've obviously never trained, you naively think age defines peak performance.

He never ducked anyone for a paycheck noob, he part owned M1 and was therefore contractually obliged by Finkelstein to fight who they put in front of him.

You'll have to go Google all this noob.

Overeem destroys fedor at this point

huge difference between fighting washed up out of shape legends and actual contenders
Overeem is not out of shape, but he is absolutely washed up at this point of his career.

Nah man. Fedor's chin these days is too glassy. Although I WILL say it's amazing that a clearly glassy chinned Fedor these days COULD absolutely still ko Overeem. And he could, Fedor still moves extremely well and throws sledge hammers.

But the odds today are too strongly in Overeem's favor. He's not in his prime either, but somehow (amazingly) he's still somewhat sturdy. Fedor isn't.

Would've loved to have seen this fight 10+ years ago. Don't want to see it today.

Fedro is on another level bro

I know people gonna say what they wanna say,but seriously,at the time Overeem was trying to fight Fedor,the reem hadnt done anything but crush cans at HW in mma. They wanted to wait until the reem did a little but more before they fought him. Thats just smart business.

Because Brett Rogers was clearly the tougher fight.

All go you saying Fedor doesn’t stand a chance are delusional.

Reems chin is more shot then Fedors, it’s literally a coin flip fight. If Fedor connects one time Reem is our, but the same can be said for Reem on Fedor.

literally the Reem is a 50/50 fight with anyone in the world at HW because his chin is so shot

Fedor's chin is way more shot than Reem's. Fedor has been rocked or KO'd by every punch that lands since the Maldonado fight. Overeem just went 3 rounds with a KO machine and only got dropped in the closing seconds of the fight.

Overeem goes down if you land a bomb on him. Fedor goes down if you land anything on him.

Because Brett Rogers was clearly the tougher fight.
I dont know if the reem had yet gotten back to strikeforce at that point when fedor fought rogers

At this point in their careers, that would be a horrible mismatch. Overeem is conpetitive against contenders, fedor is fighting retirees. Would have been fun a few years back though.

Can't understand why we couldn't get dc vs Francis either.

Lmfao I've been watching fedor fights for more than a decade, ubereem woulda beat him. Theres a reason they avoided that fight like the plague.

Huge fedor fan btw, try harder nut hugger.

"steroid cow" is what Fedor's management called Overeem to avoid the fight.

Back