Fedor's speed advantage over HWs

I've read the "Fedor is ducking 205" many times on Sherdogs. So what the TS is saying is true.

now, I don't know if it was just 2 morons posting the same thing a hundred times... but that argument really did make the rounds on our esteemed forum

People act like Fedor ducked lhw division because he had a speed advantage. But most of his HW fights he grappled with bigger men. Just telling.

He stood and strikes with bigger men, I don't recall him grappling with anyone bigger then him. Aside from hunt

alot of zuffa zombies discredited fedor saying he was only good cause he fought weak competition at hw.

People said that he fought weak competition because he wasn't fighting the UFC heavyweight division. People were never saying Fedor was afraid to go down to LHW.

he is fat guy he can't make 205 and I never saw him faster than ordinary HW.

Who the hell ever said that?
Since when is it considered "ducking" to fight at your natural weight, rather than to be a punk bitch and dehydrate yourself to have a size advantage over your opposition?

some people think lhw is tougher than hw even though a lot of lhw's kill themselves cutting to avoid people like cain and jds. They use that to say cormier did not prove himself bc lhw is tougher

What's with all the Fedor discussion as of late? And why is it in the UFC section? Does Sherdog know something we don't?

I have seen few people say that Fedor was ducking LHW but not many. I never took them too seriously because it's ridiculous to say that it is easier at HW than LHW.

Actually a lot of people try to use the "he ducked LHW" argument. Which is laughable at best.

Accept when talking about his fights like Arona and Babalu when he was "just fighting LHWs".

Honestly you look at the guys Fedor beat at HW and I wouldn't call a lot of them slow, Crocop, Nog, Arlovski, Randleman, Herring were all quick for there size and if you talking handspeed rather than mobility Hunt and Semmy aren't slow either.

He stood and strikes with bigger men, I don't recall him grappling with anyone bigger then him. Aside from hunt

Off the top of my head I can think of 3 more. Herring, Semmy Schilt and Hong-Choi Man.

What's with all the Fedor discussion as of late? And why is it in the UFC section? Does Sherdog know something we don't?

It's the UFC and former Pride forum

How the hell do you duck a smaller weight division?

Accept when talking about his fights like Arona and Babalu when he was "just fighting LHWs".

Honestly you look at the guys Fedor beat at HW and I wouldn't call a lot of them slow, Crocop, Nog, Arlovski, Randleman, Herring were all quick for there size and if you talking handspeed rather than mobility Hunt and Semmy aren't slow either.

Exactly. It makes no sense.

But the argument has popped up around here, usually in the "How would Fedor do at LHW?" threads. Even though a guy like Prime Cro Cop is still faster than much of the current LHW stock.

He grappled with Schilt, Herring, Nog, Hunt, Bigfoot, Coleman , Choi and some guys in Rings too

Even Rampage said he never wanted to fight heavies. People bigger than Fedor cutting weight for a reason.

Back