Fedor's press conference for a seminar in Dubai (audio)

eXtv

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
[YT]RWNDHaVnSEE[/YT]

Cliffs:

- Would not come out of retirement if the UFC came to Russia to do an event

- Still trains in MMA, but is not intending in ever competing again

- Thinks that MMA being a sport that comprises all martial arts is key to it's popularity

- Happy to share his skills and that people are willing to learn from him

- Sees Sambo as the ideal martial art to transition to MMA as it comprises many aspects of MMA

- Thinks if Cain Velasquez will implement his game against Dos Santos he will win again, that Cain is a 'thinking fighter'

- Never chose his opponents, fought everyone that was put in front of him, in Strikeforce, M-1 and Affliction

- He wants to help all MMA-related Martial Arts like Sambo and Judo grow in Russia

- Would like to see amateur MMA grow in Russia and develop

- Felt at one point that Dana hated him due to loud comments and insults

Complimentary image of Fedor rocking some super-cool Arabian headdress

BWK4Kp3CIAAeEqU.jpg

Thanks for posting this ts! Greatly appreciate it. Always great to listen to the Last Emperor.

Thanks TS and this is not the first time that Fedor has talked about Cain Velasquez fighting style. He really likes Cain Velasquez as a fighter and a person it seems. He likes how Cain is very technical fighter and that he also likely likes the fact that Cain is a smaller sized fighter. Cain at 6 foot 1 inch is not much taller then Fedor yet dominates much larger fighters like Fedor did 5 to 10 years ago. The similarities are there it seems for Fedor I would imagine?

Thanks TS and this is not the first time that Fedor has talked about Cain Velasquez fighting style. He really likes Cain Velasquez as a fighter and a person it seems. He likes how Cain is very technical fighter and that he also likely likes the fact that Cain is a smaller sized fighter. Cain at 6 foot 1 inch is not much taller then Fedor yet dominates much larger fighters like Fedor did 5 to 10 years ago. The similarities are there it seems for Fedor I would imagine?

I agree with you. Also- i met Cain in Toronto for the UFC 129 Fan Expo, and Cain to me is 6 feet tall Max. The UFC actually listed him at 6 foot 2 in his last fight with JDS which was laughable. Just like Carwin being 6 foot 5 and Couture 6 foot 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back