Fedor's Last Fight Should Be Against Bader For The Championship

Stan

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Tim Johnson was the #2 ranked HW in Bellator. Fedor KO'd Tim with 3 very fast pinpoint bombs that put Tim to sleep. Fedor is at the end of his MMA career but he has 1 fight left on his contract. He has always been their for Scott Coker both in Strikeforce and now Bellator. Scott Coker should give the GOAT what he has wanted to accomplish a shot at winning the Bellator HW Championship against Bader. This won't be a gifted fight Fedor earned the shot by KO'ing the #2 ranked Bellator HW.

Fedor vs Bader for the HW belt
Moldavsky vs Sowma for the interim

Kongo can fight the winner of Fortune vs Vassell

Only if Mold beats Bader in a unification fight. Makes no sense to give him a shot at Bader when Kongo's waiting on line.

it would be awesome, fedor ko'ing bader and retiring as champ, a true DREAM

Only if Mold beats Bader in a unification fight. Makes no sense to give him a shot at Bader when Kongo's waiting on line.
Kongo lost to Tim recently, he's not waiting in line for a title shot

Kongo lost to Tim recently, he's not waiting in line for a title shot

He just beat Kharitonov. He is the next highest ranked after Mold and Johnson. Bader was supposed to rematch him after the NC but was splitting time between LHW and HW.

He just beat Kharitonov. He is the next highest ranked after Mold and Johnson. Bader was supposed to rematch him after the NC but was splitting time between LHW and HW.
Tomorrow they will update the rankings and Fedor murked Tim who is #2. So Fedor will be ranked higher than Kongo 100%

Kongo beat Sergei who was unranked due to inactivity. Let him fight the winner of Fortune vs Vassell next

Don't agree. Bellator HW division is already weakened by a champ being finished at LHW twice since holding the belt. Giving the shot at Bader not to the interim champ wouldn't help. If Fedor wins and retires, having it immediately vacated neither. As awesome as seeing Fedor win a belt again would be, but apart from that, screwing Moldavsky would give it a bitter taste, as does all the 'revenge' talk in advance. Also, if Fedor wins and retires we'd have an unfinished trilogy.

Josh Barnett would be perfect for plenty of reasons, I think. Excitement, nostalgia, respect,... Given he can finally pass testing. Co-headlined by Bader vs Moldavsky unification bout and names like Minakov, Kongo etc. on the undercard would make a strong night for Bellator HW.

If there was any chance for Brock, Wanderlei or Cain, I'd love to see any of those too of course :) (actually, CroCop 2 would be huge, but let the man stay retired and healthy)

Tomorrow they will update the rankings and Fedor murked Tim who is #2. So Fedor will be ranked higher than Kongo 100%

Kongo beat Sergei who was unranked due to inactivity. Let him fight the winner of Fortune vs Vassell next

That'd be wrong IMO because Bader's still the champ and didn't beat him. He beat Fedor. Fedor fans are focusing on the Johnson comp and not Bader whose the champ. If Mold beats Bader to be the champ I get putting Fedor in but otherwise that'd be snubbing Kongo.

Kongo doesn't have time he's almost 47. Fedor's a year younger and while it's sad Coker put either of them in this position this is an encore for Fedor this is Kongo's main act.

Reactions: HHJ
Don't agree. Bellator HW division is already weakened by a champ being finished at LHW twice since holding the belt. Giving the shot at Bader not to the interim champ wouldn't help. If Fedor wins and retires, having it immediately vacated neither. As awesome as seeing Fedor win a belt again would be, but apart from that, screwing Moldavsky would give it a bitter taste, as does all the 'revenge' talk in advance. Also, if Fedor wins and retires we'd have an unfinished trilogy.

Josh Barnett would be perfect for plenty of reasons, I think. Excitement, nostalgia, respect,... Given he can finally pass testing. Co-headlined by Bader vs Moldavsky unification bout and names like Minakov, Kongo etc. on the undercard would make a strong night for Bellator HW.

If there was any chance for Brock, Wanderlei or Cain, I'd love to see any of those too of course :) (actually, CroCop 2 would be huge, but let the man stay retired and healthy)
Crocop wouldnt even get cleared at this point,and I think Wanderlei can no longer get cleared. Barnett has not fought in MMA since 2016 which kind of makes it lose its luster for me a bit.

I feel like Fedor winning the belt and retiring is still better than him not fighting for it at all.

Back