Fedors last 3 Legit Wins

Jeff Monson was far from being a can. He had some crazy submission victories before and after the Fedor fight, including Aleks. Can crusher/gatekeeper whose recent loss was for a rising DC.

Rogers, in turn, had his beat AA and was considered a promising fighter.

I didn't give much,for Fedor's last few wins at the time. But seeing the state of the HW division, where it's not so easy to find guys with a better winning streak, I had to reconsider.

He actually didn't have much at his disposal in the way of better available opponents outside the UFC. I actually kind of giving credit for not fighting Ken Shamrock...

We're against AA, Timmeh, and Lindland(a MW)

Then went 1-3 in SF before crushing 3 cans prior to his retirement.

His only SF win was against an undefeated Brett Rogers who's only legit win was against AA when AAs career was in a downward spiral. Furthermore, Fedor seemed to be losing against Rogers before a solid finish.

Just thought I would let Sherdog know this. You seem to have forgot.

I love Fedor too, and ill watch him and root for him no matter who he fights, but goddamn the delusion on here is rediculous.

What is unclear is what your point is.

The HW division is so thin those records are not really very strong indicators. Age, bad streaks, are common among current contenders. A lot of them, if not most, are veterans with ample records, most of them worse than Fedor's. The example of Hunt is a good one. More recently, Arlovski too has made a comeback after a bad slump.

Yes, Fedor's last three wins were unremarkable, and yes he lost thrice in a row before that. But the state of the division is so wretched, it would not be surprising to see him become a relevant contender. Arlovski, Mir, Werdum, Barnett, Mirko, Nelson, Bigfoot, Overeem are all 35 or over. All of them have had slumps and re-emergences.

True, Fedor is 38, but even then it remains to be seen what he can do. If Werdum can become champion after such an erratic career, nothing would impress me.

I think it is also important to understand the context surrounding his 3 losses in Strikeforce.

When Fedor beat Arlovski who coach publicly stated that Fedor wasn't training hard and relied on old tricks to put Arlovski away. That was back in 2009. During this same time frame Fedor was becoming heavily religious and part of his religion required him to fast.

So what we know is that going into his first Strikeforce fight Fedor basically wasn't training as hard as he has in the past and that he might have been experiencing insufficient nutrition for fighting due to his need to fast. Coincidentally Fedor looked a lot more reckless in his fights with Brett Rogers, Fabircio Werdum, Bigfoot Silva and Dan Henderson than he did in the past and he also looked to have lost the same muscle mass and strength that he had in previous fights. Now these would have contributed to a decrease in Fedor's overall performance and effectiveness during his tenure in Strikeforce.

Once Fedor left Strikeforce he went on a 3 fight winning streak vs Jeff Monson, Satoshi Ishi and Pedro Rizzo. In all three fights, Fedor looked noticeably bigger and more muscular than his tenure in Strikeforce and he fought with a lot more composure.

Honestly I don't see the point of hating on Fedor, he has excellent wins throughout his career. He has wins over Arlovski, Sylvia, Cro Cop, Big Nog 2x, Heath Herring, Semmy Schilt, Kevin Randleman, Gary Goodridge, Mark Coleman and Mark Hunt.

Maybe fans should try rewatching some of his old fights from Pride FC to see his talent level.

Nah. Anderson now is a handful of defenders that are bitter and a whooooooole bunch more that bailed entirely. No one pretending to be a fan, much less pretending in order to bash the guy.

Pre-losses it wasn't that MO either. Anderson's haters/fans seemed to be more straight-forward back in the day for whatever reason.

Most of us Anderson fans aren't bitter. Just tired of dealing with stupid threads like, "Was Anderson's striking ever any good?" and the like.

Yes, he popped for steroids and anxiety meds at 39/40yrs of age.

That doesn't magically rewind 7 years of the most solid ass kicking we've ever seen at MW and LHW. More if you go into the pre-UFC years.

We're against AA, Timmeh, and Lindland(a MW)

Then went 1-3 in SF before crushing 3 cans prior to his retirement.

His only SF win was against an undefeated Brett Rogers who's only legit win was against AA when AAs career was in a downward spiral. Furthermore, Fedor seemed to be losing against Rogers before a solid finish.

Just thought I would let Sherdog know this. You seem to have forgot.

I love Fedor too, and ill watch him and root for him no matter who he fights, but goddamn the delusion on here is rediculous.

I think you're one of those Sherdog "I love so and so, but....." phonies with an agenda.

The fact that you need to start a thread, bringing up "can crushers" and finding flaws with his wins, only shows your transparency.

It's time to drop the act.

lost to TRT hendo, TRT bigfoot, and the current HW champ.

I think you're one of those Sherdog "I love so and so, but....." phonies with an agenda.

The fact that you need to start a thread, bringing up "can crushers" and finding flaws with his wins, only shows your transparency.

It's time to drop the act.

The flaws with his wins is the point of the thread. He's one of if not the best ever, but he was a shadow of what he was. The end of his career was ugly. I mean the last 3 fights were a joke, and the prior 4 b4 that he looked like shit too.

These are facts. People here are talking about him getting an immediate title shot because of who he was 5 plus years ago.

At that point, yes.

If that's the case, then many fighters are fighting cans.

As an example, the Bonnar that fought Anderson is much more a 'can' than the Jeff Monson who fought Fedor.

Just my opinion though, I don't automatically think because the fight/fighter is in the UFC its automatically 'legit'

The flaws with his wins is the point of the thread. He's one of if not the best ever, but he was a shadow of what he was. The end of his career was ugly. I mean the last 3 fights were a joke, and the prior 4 b4 that he looked like shit too.

These are facts. People here are talking about him getting an immediate title shot because of who he was 5 plus years ago.

He may not be what he once was, but even in his one dimensional and uninspired state, he was still competitive with top heavyweights. His last three fights were obviously a deliberate "curtain call" to end his career though. Nothing wrong with that.

The fact that Werdum holds the title now, shows us the gap between today and yesteryear isn't as great as everyone had once assumed and perhaps some believe that Fedor putting it together one final time doesn't look as far fetched as it once did.

Pedro Rizzo and Jeff Monson aren't top 15, but are they really cans?

At that point in their careers? Hell yes. Might as well have beaten Ken Shamrock while he was at it.

One thing i have learned on here is that when an MMA fighter loses, all his past achievements mean absolutely nothing and was never any good to begin with according to certain posters.

One thing i have learned on here is that when an MMA fighter loses, all his past achievements mean absolutely nothing and was never any good to begin with according to certain posters.

You haven't read any if my posts.... I've stated he's one if if not the best ever!!!!

My point is his last 7 fights he was either fighting garbage fighters, or losing.

Which is ok for a legend endung his career.... That's fine....

But the circle jerk sessions on sherdog are rediculous. To assume he's going to be a UFC champ, let alone a top 5 fighter is rediculous

You can complain about it all you want, but Brett Rogers defeated Andrei Arlovski.

Yup pretty much, Silva was never really any good and Chuck Liddell only won because he was fed grapplers

You haven't read any if my posts.... I've stated he's one if if not the best ever!!!!

My point is his last 7 fights he was either fighting garbage fighters, or losing.

Which is ok for a legend endung his career.... That's fine....

But the circle jerk sessions on sherdog are rediculous. To assume he's going to be a UFC champ, let alone a top 5 fighter is rediculous

So Pedro Rizzo and Jeff Monson are garbage according to you. Thus proving my point exactly.

Fedor was great 5 years ago and is a true legend of the sport but as TS stated he doesn't deserve an immediate title shot.

Have him fight the Arloski/Mir Loser first then either Cain or JDS then Werdum

Back