Fedor was never in a close fight during his prime; Gus 1,2,3; Santos 1,2,5; Reyes 1,2,3

Love Fedor. But Jones would be in prison for what he would do to the handful of jobbers Fedor was fed in Pride...
Imagine what Jones would do to Maldonado, who raped Fedor but unfortunately didn't know that the judges had already been bought and paid for by the Russian.

That's what happens when only one in every 5 opponents is actually ranked. He also got dumped on his head by Randleman, KO'd on the feet by the first punch Fujita had ever thrown and should have lost a decision to Ricardo Arona (who is now surfing at the beach and banging 10's).

That's what happens when only one in every 5 opponents is actually ranked. He also got dumped on his head by Randleman, KO'd on the feet by the first punch Fujita had ever thrown and should have lost a decision to Ricardo Arona (who is surfing at the beach and banging 10's).
To be fair, Fedor fought 1 ranked opponent in 9 months or so just like UFC fighters. He just fought cans in between those fights.

Prime Fedor was a can crusher.

Prime Fedor got KO"ed by a old senior citizen middleweight.

Prime Fedor got destroyed by top 100 Bigfoot.

Prime Fedor got subbed easily and effortlessly by Werdum.

None of that has happened to Jones.

Don't ever disrespect the GOAT Jones by comparing him to Fedor overrated Emelianenko.

You are not a nice person!

Gus 1 2 3

<36>

zyN2Su0.jpg

Jones is 12 years into his mma carreer.

When Fedor was 12 years into his mma carreer, he had 3 actual losses.

I'm a Fedor fan, but there's at least a couple of sides to this story ...

Another one being Jones wasn't even fighting for some of those 12 years. It's a lot easier to reign for 12 years when you are suspended for steroids multiple times. Unlike Fedor.

Still having this discussion for second place while stipe has the best resume easily and without PEDs

Go off sherdog

It be like that when you fight Zululinho esque fighters when Ur in your prime

Got rocked by a Japanese pro wrestler

Also KTFO by Hendo, destroyed by Bigfoot

We're talking in fedors prime...when he fought hendo and bigfoot, he was most definitely not in his prime...he was in his prime during pride. I understand that hendo was older but people's prime years are different. one guy can still be in his prime near 40, while some guys start going down hill at 30...it happens...fedor was clearly not in his prime that point, regardless of who was older.

I would consider Fedor vs Cro Cop and Fedor vs Brett Rogers to be close fights

Also Jones had to fight killers for 10 years straight, Fedor had Zulus every other fight, then got demolished when the comp stepped up in Strikeforce, not even comparable

"Jones told that he was so beat up after the Gustafsson fight, that he couldn't even wipe himself, forcing his coach to lend him a hand".

Coincidentally, I was just watching the original, Death At a Funeral again the other night. :p

It is simple.

Fights in the ring and Pride rules = in prime.
Fights in cage and bad UFC unified rules = not in prime.
<mma4>
That and existent ped testing rather than the “take what the fuck you want” approach pride had.

Don't get me wrong, prime Jones could very well beat Fedor. We are talking about different eras. What I'm saying is that when we compare both fighters during their prime we have to admit that Fedor was never in a close fight during his prime. Yeah I know what happened in Arona fight but that was very early in Fedor's career. He went undefeated for a decade during his prime and fans never had to question his wins. Fedor was behind on the scorecards in some of his fights but he left do doubt and finished the guy later.
Jones arguably should have lost to Gustafsson, Santos and Reyes. First two are very arguable I know but he for sure lost to Reyes. When I'm comparing Fedor's and Jones's primes I have to put Fedor ahead because he left no doubts, although Jones could be p4p more skilled fighter because the sport has evolved.

Same thing about GSP (Hendricks and Penn fights)
Aldo (Frankie Edgar 1)
can't we just say jones prime ended right before santos?

just like fedor's ended before werdum.

I would consider Fedor vs Cro Cop and Fedor vs Brett Rogers to be close fights
Lol I have never seen anyone question Fedor's UD win over Cr Cop a controversial decision. It was not one sided fight but Fedor was in control and won clear decision.

Roger's got KO'd btw.

It would be different story for Jones had he finished Santos and Reyes in 4th or 5th round but he didn't, Fedor did when he was losing the fight

Don't get me wrong, prime Jones could very well beat Fedor. We are talking about different eras. What I'm saying is that when we compare both fighters during their prime we have to admit that Fedor was never in a close fight during his prime. Yeah I know what happened in Arona fight but that was very early in Fedor's career. He went undefeated for a decade during his prime and fans never had to question his wins. Fedor was behind on the scorecards in some of his fights but he left do doubt and finished the guy later.
Jones arguably should have lost to Gustafsson, Santos and Reyes. First two are very arguable I know but he for sure lost to Reyes. When I'm comparing Fedor's and Jones's primes I have to put Fedor ahead because he left no doubts, although Jones could be p4p more skilled fighter because the sport has evolved.

Same thing about GSP (Hendricks and Penn fights)
Aldo (Frankie Edgar 1)
Fedor hasn't ever been "close" to beating top competition either, lost by devastating KO to old Hendo, Bigfoot, Mitrione, Bader and should have to #200 LHW Fabio Maldonado.

Jones fought Chael Sonnen and bunch of other former middleweights that he had big reach advantage over. Let's not talk about competition.
Fedor had to cheat in order to beat The Law, a natural mw

Back