Fedor vs today's UFC Top fighters

Hahahahaha what?

Arlovski isnt much more than a right hand, a pair of feet and good TDD at his point in his career and STILL managed to notch a soul-stealing KO over a top 5(?) HW in Bigfoot. And you think a younger more durable faster version of him couldnt stop or outpoint the likes of Josh Barnett, Matt Mitrione, Travis Browne, Stipe Miocic, or Ben Rothwell??

All of what you're saying is true... in regards to literally every division that isnt Heavyweight, which is still stuck in about 07/08 in terms of average skill.

And yeah, vintage Kerr and Coleman could probably go at least 2-0 or 3-0 over the average regional HWs the UFC signs to get cut within 2 fights. If you think, say, Derrick Lewis is much better than those guys, you are fooling yourself: as recently as last August he was 2-0 in the UFC HW division with no skills beyond hitting hard.

That was after a 9 month layoff in which Bigfoot's testosterone therapy wasn't something allowed to him despite his disease. I'm not saying it wasn't an impressive KO, but Bigfoot has always been entirely hittable, and without a treatment for a potentially life threatening disease he has it is hardly a point in favor of Arlovski. I honestly don't see how he fends Barnett off for three rounds at any point in his career. Browne probably wrecks his shit nine ways from sunday with that length and speed. Why are we even bringing up Rothwell? Beating Ben Rothwell has NEVER been anything to be especially proud of. Mitrione probably gets caught at some point by Arlovski.

A young Arlovski struggled against Tim Sylvia before Sylvia ate himself, how is he going to deal with guys in the top 10 of the division, or even some of the outlying guys like Shawn Jordan, Struve prior to the heart condition, Overeem, JDS, Werdum? He barely got by Shaub!

Beating the Derrick Lewis' of the world aren't what I call success. On the whole the fighters today are a totally different animal than they were once upon a time. I honestly don't see Arlovski beating the Cheick Kongo's and Lavar Johnsons of the world. He smoked Bigfoot, ad that's why he's ranked in the top ten right now, but I have a feeling we're going to see the old, inconsistent Arlovski before long.

Werdum (37, ranked #1) and Hunt (40, ranked #5) say hello. Both ranked higher today in the UFC than they were in Pride in their late 20's/early 30's.

Yes but Werdum and Hunt of today are way better than 10 years ago.
Werdum's striking has improved in an amazing way in the past 3-4 years.
Mark Hunt was a grappling dummy, now he can defend takedowns and survive in the ground.

Their fight proves my point.
Could have Werdum KOd Hunt back in 2007?? Of course not!
Could have Hunt survived with Werdum in the ground for 3 minutes? Of course not.

Today they are much much better fighters than before.

CM Punk showing us as well that the UFC goes after talent were as Pride just signed up worthless judo gold medallists.

Well to be fair, Pride also signed tons of useless pro wrestling cans just to pad the record of Crocop, Wanderlei, etc.

Fedor had horrible coaching. If he fought today's top guys he'd win some and lose some. But if he got with a top team like aka he could dominate again. The man had insane talent and work ethic.

Fedor with American supplements would've been fun.

I don't think Sherdog will ever have a full 24-hours that does not contain at least one thread about 'Prime Fedor vs. (fighter x)' or something to that effect.

How would Prime Fedor do against Prime Optimus Prime?

Fedor threads always bring out the retards

Welcome!

yeah that Sakuraba guy, what a can.

Ok Mr. retard, let me show you the names I am actually talking about.

Yuji Nagata
Yoshihisa Yamamoto
Nobuhiko Takada
Hiromitsu Kanehara
Daijiru Matsui
Tatsuya Iwasaki
Alexander Otsuka

You are happy now?

I think when you watch Fedor its quite obvious that he had such confidence in his ground game that he wasnt worried about guys taking him down because he knew he could pull off a submission,Coleman,Hunt,Randelman to name a few maybe even Bigfoot which in hindsight was a mistake as he does have excellant top control as well as size,The thing is these days fans think if someone can take you to the mat that your game is not good,Anyone who has watched Fedor could see if he really didnt want to go to the ground it wasnt happening.

Back