Fedor vs Daniel Cormier in their primes - who would win?

woloo

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

I say DC because he has the wrestling and strength. DC beat Antonio Silva by KO and Antonio Silva beat Fedor. Even DC can beat Silva now because he hasn't declined.

I feel like DC is smarter.

<Fedor23>

Lol, nah:

Fedor would have made short work of him.

Fedor vs Black Fedor? Sounds like the plot of a WWE movie if they were Pro Wrasslers

Well this is a new one. Never seen this thread before
Aside from the 5 other times Ive seen this literal exact thread done before... and Im not even a Sherdog resident.

Tough call. 51/49 DC

DC most likely. Better technique striking and a hard stylistic matchup to boot.

This thread has been done to death and consensus eventually prevails after lots of trolling, cheaters ĺbe them with absurdly high or low T, or holding a towel, whatever), and noobs: Fedor Emelianenko wins.

Fedora was quick eliminated from the grand prix tournament DC won with ease

if we are talking prime fedor then he knocks Cormier out if dc tried to fight that dirty boxing style against fedor it wouldn't end well for him. Fedor by ko,tko, submission, or luke rockhold throws the towel.

My money is on Fedor. He was fighting roided out freak wrestlers and still blew threw them.

I'd guess Fedor would set up the takedown from strikes and then brutalise Cormier from top position.

DC is durable, has more power and could out wrestle Fedor. I'd go with DC.

I say DC because he has the wrestling and strength. DC beat Antonio Silva by KO and Antonio Silva beat Fedor. Even DC can beat Silva now because he hasn't declined.

You say " in their primes " then go with some MMAths using a match where Fedor was already way out of his prime... *facepalm*

Circa 2003-2007 Fedor is a dangerous fight for anyone, he was just damn quick, but DC has a chin and is basically the perfect counter style to Fedor ( strong wrestler, can box, and really quick for a HW even though not as quick as Fedor )..
DC doesn't use many double from a distance though, which imo are Fedor's biggest weakness in the wrestling department.

This one is basically a 50/50 match imo.. I'd favor DC in a cage and Fedor in a ring though..

DC either grinds him on the ground or Fedor lights him standing..
Fedor also had great scrambles , due to his very explosive hips, and superbs transitions so you never know, an armbar could happen.
Anyway the clinch battle would have been interesting.

Back