Fedor vs anyone in Ufc???

Technically Fedor was beating his ass and then jumped into his guard like a moron. Literally jumped right into a triangle. He could not have made it any easier for Werdum at that point. But outside of that total moronic decision, he was definitely looking dominant on the feet.

At this point though, I'd favor Werdum.

That's characteristic Fedor though- he did the same thing with Big Nog and Arona.

Werdum's the only fighter on the planet that he shouldn't have done that against but it's in his essence.

It's like implying A. Silva wouldn't have lost to Weidman if he didn't clown around... well it's what A. Silva fucking does.. it's in his essence.

And yeah- at this point Werdum beats him on the feet. Way bigger than Fedor and now he knows how to strike... not a good match-up.

I dunno. Barnett beats him. Werdum still beats him. Arlovski would beat him Maybe Struve.

George Foreman became HW boxing champ at age 45, so why does Fedor get an excuse for being 39?
Foreman doesn't get called the greatest HW boxer. Foreman was also bigger and stronger than Moorer, Holyfield, and Morrison. Which of the top HW/LHWs would Fedor have a big size advantage on? Maybe Cormier, and Fedor has been fighting HWs his whole career, Cormier hasn't. Hell, Cormier himself is 37 and probably 2 years from retirement. Only crazy people think Fedor is a top HW at this point, even 5 years ago it was a stretch. Fedor lost to a bloated Dan Henderson. That would've been a different outcome, 2003-2007.

It's like implying A. Silva wouldn't have lost to Weidman if he didn't clown around... well it's what A. Silva fucking does.. it's in his essence.

That clowning shit was perplexing and only started well into his UFC career. I would argue that back when he was still being serious and fighting with everything he had (like against Leben, Franklin, Irvin, Hendo, etc) I honestly believe he would have beaten Weidman. Then it's just a matter of his body at that point. I still think he had it. It wasn't until he broke his leg that he really lost it mentally.

I think Fedor would have been ok in Werdum's guard. But what he did was actually more than simply jumping into his guard. He literally jumped right into the triangle. Werdum was in the literal perfect position to apply it. There was almost no effort required at all. It could not have been more perfect for him. But even regardless of that, by that point you could already tell Fedor was slowing down as a fighter.

imo Fedor needs to return to his grappling roots.

Even Rampage mixed in takedowns against Maldonado, it should have been a no-brainer for Fedor too.

He could have took down Hendo and finished him on the ground... Hendo hasn't been able to stuff a takedown since PRIDE.

George Foreman became HW boxing champ at age 45, so why does Fedor get an excuse for being 39?

Age isn't a definitive gauge for someone's prime or how well they do. A guy at 29 can already be out of his physical prime as a fighter while a guy at 37 can still be red hot and tearing it up.

imo Fedor needs to return to his grappling roots.

Even Rampage mixed in takedowns against Maldonado, it should have been a no-brainer for Fedor too.

He could have took down Hendo and finished him on the ground... Hendo hasn't been able to stuff a takedown since PRIDE.
Didn't Fedor get knocked out because of a scramble on the ground?

Sugar Ray Robinson was shot at 33. Wanna claim he was just exposed?

Fighters have different lifespans and different primes. This is basic stuff.

As a Fedor fan I honestly believe Lawler would beat him at this point.

He knocked Hendo down, tried to finish him on the ground, Hendo scrambled out from side control and ko'd Fedor from an awkward bending position.

Juiced up pig won.
Hendo was never a cheater though....at that time wasn't TRT legal as long it was controlled to a certain level?

Hendo was never a cheater though....at that time wasn't TRT legal as long it was controlled to a certain level?

It was poorly regulated.

For example, Vitor would double/quadruple his doses in camps and come in at normal levels by fight week.

The reason it was stopped was because the NSAC figured that out by drug-testing him mid-camp.

Hendo was probably doing that too.

And in-hindsight, did Hendo really need TRT considering that he still went on to beat UFC-level fighters well after going natural?

Ennnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooough about Fedor. It's over dude. Make your peace with it.

We all want prime fedor to magically come back but it isn't happening :(

He'd beat the likes of Bigfoot and probably Struve.
A fight with Mir would be a coin flip basically who lands the big shot first.
Outside of that I think he struggles.
He would still be a good addition to the ufc even if its only for a couple of fights.

I have been a loyal Fedor fan for over a decade and after seeing the Maldanado fight, I don't like his chances against anyone in the top 15 of either division. I even think a few MWs would beat him at this point.

I have been a loyal Fedor fan for over a decade and after seeing the Maldanado fight, I don't like his chances against anyone in the top 15 of either division. I even think a few MWs would beat him at this point.
Can't say I disagree

So let's say Fedor joined The UFC roster right now do you think he can be champ in either of the two heaviest divisions?...I notice a lot of people either overestimate or underestimate him on here.Well I think he is the Goat heavyweight of all time he definitely not great anymore...I do believe he can win some respectable fights I don't think he'll ever touch ufc gold at this point of his career...what do you think?

I think he's got a lot of mileage left if he doesn't rush in head first and go head hunting.

He's still got a few more great fights left in him.

Id be happy to see him vs anybody in UFC.

Maldanado's a good striker and Fedor greatly underestimated him and ate a nasty combo.... he still kept going after that. I think that means more than if he dominated him. He's got some more fights left in him.

Maldanado's a good striker and Fedor greatly underestimated him and ate a nasty combo.... he still kept going after that. I think that means more than if he dominated him. He's got some more fights left in him.
I agree he does have some life left but he will never wear ufc gold

Back