Fedor thoughts?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. Coker should know better to stay the hell away.

It's already been objectively proven numerous times Fedor doesn't draw the money he demands.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. Coker should know better to stay the hell away.

It's already been objectively proven numerous times Fedor doesn't draw the money he demands.

Really? Could you lead me to a link?

Uh, you know that signing Fedor is what put Strikeforce on the map and made them serious competition to the ufc right?

Uh, you know that signing Fedor is what put Strikeforce on the map and made them serious competition to the ufc right?

And ended up being a gigantic liability for their financial issues. With Coker on record saying they never made a dime off of an event with Fedor on it.

But hey, this is Sherdog, let's rewrite history to say otherwise.

Coker shouldn't have made a public announcement unless Fedor was already signed.

I think he put himself in a bad situation.

And ended up being a gigantic liability for their financial issues. With Coker on record saying they never made a dime off of an event with Fedor on it.

But hey, this is Sherdog, let's rewrite history to say otherwise.

He wasn't a liability at all. But let's just make stuff up. Source?

How disappointing.

Just want to see Fedor win one more time.

He wasn't a liability at all. But let's just make stuff up. Source?

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/5/1...story-of-strikeforce-part-5-business-as-usual

"We were a company that was making money on all of our events except for the Fedor fights." - Scott Coker

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f6...fitable-reason-contract-rengotiation-1181961/

"This past August, M-1 Global signed a multi-fight deal with Strikeforce for Emelianenko's services that included an agreement to co-promote future events. Emelianenko headlined the CBS-televised "Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers" three months later. The show was NOT profitable, and shortly afterward, M-1 sought to renegotiate the deal.

According to sources familiar with negotiations, talks recently broke down due to the concessions M-1 requested in a new deal for Emelianenko. The areas of discussion include co-branding between the promotions, financial responsibility for profits and losses incurred in co-promoted events, and Emelianenko's compensation per fight."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/5/1...story-of-strikeforce-part-5-business-as-usual

"We were a company that was making money on all of our events except for the Fedor fights." - Scott Coker

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f6...fitable-reason-contract-rengotiation-1181961/

"This past August, M-1 Global signed a multi-fight deal with Strikeforce for Emelianenko's services that included an agreement to co-promote future events. Emelianenko headlined the CBS-televised "Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers" three months later. The show was NOT profitable, and shortly afterward, M-1 sought to renegotiate the deal.

According to sources familiar with negotiations, talks recently broke down due to the concessions M-1 requested in a new deal for Emelianenko. The areas of discussion include co-branding between the promotions, financial responsibility for profits and losses incurred in co-promoted events, and Emelianenko's compensation per fight."
But the Fedor/M-1 knobslobberers will never get this. And this is corroborated by . . .

Gary Shaw: I did try several times to get Fedor to come to EliteXC, but the numbers they were asking, there's no fighter who was worth that. I wasn't willing to meet their demands. I thought M-1 was very difficult to deal with.

And . . .

Elsewhere, Wrestling Observer writer Dave Meltzer is reporting that the financial relationship between Strikeforce and M-1 Global proved so burdensome to the former that they were forced to seek outside funding, allowing potential buyers in.

Which reinforces my theory that Fedor nuthuggers are just new age hipsters that have been paying attention to MMA for maybe the last year or so. Probably never even seen the man fight live.

Does he?

Dude needs to chill with the random natural disasters.

He looked like a beast in his last two fights.

Cmmmon Fedor do it

He didn't look like a beast fighting a past his prime over the hill UFC middle weight though. Therein lies the problem.

I don't understand Fedor fans, weirdest bunch of huggers out of them all. Haven't you seen him crush enough cans in Pride, and haven't you seen him embarrass himself enough against legit/semi legit competition?

Santa isn't real, the dream is dead, move on.

Which reinforces my theory that Fedor nuthuggers are just new age hipsters that have been paying attention to MMA for maybe the last year or so. Probably never even seen the man fight live.

say what?

Back