Fedor started the second part of his training camp in Holland

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by Andrey Kamensky, Dec 25, 2018.

1. rob mafia

rob mafia Purple Belt

wait, what?

bader's not the favorite?

edit: bader is a considerable favorite in the fight.

olimpicus likes this.
  2. FrankieNYC

FrankieNYC "My balls was hot!" Platinum Member

I'm really looking forward to the Bader fight
    Two LHW fighting at HW
    For some reason it works

X Factor likes this.
  3. Communion

Communion Pitcher on JJ's Tbol team

I believe you mean folkstyle, and lol at it being better. Grappling is a pyramid. You can start at different places (different styles) but when you get to the top it's all the same techniques. Really the only difference is training.

Ultra O’Dia likes this.
  4. 2004 account

2004 account Supporting real mma

I should have written it "as far as fighting Bader"

X Factor likes this.
  5. SRN

SRN SOCRATEEEES

Fedor and I have the same knee braces. I feel special :p

6. Reb

Reb Green Belt

So the moment Fedor is in Holland Mousasi gets injured

Kinosis, Vegeta and Okajima like this.
  7. Noraaq

Noraaq Purple Belt

Holland is not good at MMA. Fedors skill have regressed ever since beating CC, he has slowly turned into a one dimensional striker/brawler. Also, his fight IQ and strategies are abysmal.

Khabib is also a Sambo and Judo fighter, yet he trains wrestling and doesnt stray away from what makes him great.

8. FKA

FKA THAT BELLATOR GUY/World Cup of MMA Ringmaster

Yet another retarded comment..

Holland is great for him he trains with Peter Tajessi and has great grapplers at his disposal I swear people dont know shit yet still post like they know something lmfao.

Fedors decline is not related to training in Holland in 2018.....he primarily trained at home when his decline started.Feddor has had Injurys and grew complacent in the sport hence his first retirement stint. Since joining bellator and entering the GP he has rededicated himself and its shown.

In each if his bouts he has come in better and better shape and shown more rounded skill and gameplanning.Only a complete idiot couldn't see his progression.

Khabib and fedor are not stylistically the Same and from different era's of mma.Khabib is a ground fighter and isnt past his prime by 10+ years fighting injury and age lmfao also isn't fighting at HW.

Fedor was undefeated in mma and combat sambo simultaneously khabib is excellent but has nowhere near the miles on his body fedor has.(let's see if khabib is still even fighting at 40)
    YOUR REACHING trying to compare the two this isnt PRIDE fedor this is grandpa fedor let's be realistic here bud.

9. Noraaq

Noraaq Purple Belt

You are retarded if you think its wise for an old fighter with a glass chin and broken hands to stay focused on striking. Fedor's Sambo is still plenty enough to beat the guys thats hes fighting and couldve won him fights vs fighters that he lost to by preferring to stand up.

Holland has great fighters in certain displines, except for the sport that Fedor competes in, MMA!

Fedor has made some stupid decisions, giving up of advantageous positions (letting Sonnen up after dropping him 2x recently, striking with Maldonado rather than taking him down and winning an easy fight) You are an absolute fool if you think Fedor's gameplanning has gotten better.

10. 2004 account

Dude let it go, if fedor relies on striking now it's not out of choice, it's his nagging injuries that don't allow the same movements as before, there must be a fear of breaking something, or ending up with zingers, even paralyzation.

Those of us who have just practiced martial arts and not even fought before know that afters years of training, your joints and muscles start to weaken, you don't have the same threshold/elasticity/range of motion/endurance as before and you develop a fear of permanently compromising your body.

I once went hard grappling in bjj with a brown belt for 15 minutes straight and the next day when trying to get out of bed, my back completely locked up. I spent 3 days in bed unable to move, shitting and pissing unconfortably in a bag, no health insurance or anything. I was scared I was gonna be paralyzed for life.

His unwillingness to grapple most probably signifies knee and back problems, possibly even neck problems.

Even with an adrenaline rush helping you to not feel it during the fight as much, if you are worried about longevity and being able to accomplish simple daily tasks, then you tend to want to protect your central nervous system and bones, especially your spinal chord, so you start to compensate or re learn movements in order to not endanger your body. Things you used to do for example , a single leg td, you stop doing because of a knee injury you suffered and had to get operated on.

Fedor is a true Russian though and doesn't go around divulging his injuries like American fighters because he is a cold war tactician that doesn't give his opponents advantages, he plays his cards close to his chest but he and his coaches have revealed hints before about this, you should read up my friend.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  11. Andrey Kamensky

Andrey Kamensky Black Belt

Peter Teijsse says that Fedor is paying extra attention on conditioning for this fight.
    5 rounds right?

12. 2004 account

Yes I believe it’s 5 rounds

13. Andrey Kamensky

14. Mixfight

Mixfight Black Belt

It's so hard to gauge what kind of shape hes in by looking at this kind of pic.

no fat chicks likes this.
  15. Andrey Kamensky

16. MMA Time Soldier

MMA Time Soldier White Belt

That sucks. 5 days without being able to get out of bed.

2004 account likes this.
  17. MMA Time Soldier

Bader reminds me of Arona with a little more explosiveness and some power in his hands. It's going to be a tough fight for Fedor if Bader keeps taking him down for 5 rounds.

2004 account likes this.
  18. MMA Time Soldier

Bader has alot of power in his hands but is a little slower than Dan Henderson and can get over aggressive and get caught like he did against Machida. If he's smart he just becomes a takedown machine for 5 rounds and wins by decision. That's the smart gameplan for him.

19. Andrey Kamensky

20. Andrey Kamensky