Fedor signed to do an MMA appearance, but not UFC

attention or he is broke

why else?

So by that logic all of the fighters appearing at Fan Fest must be broke?

The gig pays around 10k a day. The better question is why wouldn't he attend?

Still, I think the him signing to the UFC thing is a pipe dream.

I think the main thing keeping Bellator from signing Fedor is the fact that without a PPV %, there's no way they can come close to what the UFC will offer. They could dip their toes back into the PPV pool again, but I doubt it.

I just don't see how airing his fights on Spike will generate enough profit from the deal.

Definitely some truth to this. It sounds like Fedor is probably at least trying to get 1 million a year and he's not going to be able to convince Spike to give him that kind of money when all they have are TV shows.

Ratings aren't going to recoup that kind of salary.

I think the main thing keeping Bellator from signing Fedor is the fact that without a PPV %, there's no way they can come close to what the UFC will offer. They could dip their toes back into the PPV pool again, but I doubt it.

I just don't see how airing his fights on Spike will generate enough profit from the deal.

Viacom has deep pockets. Regardless, Fedor won't command the offer he did in 2009. It will bounce around for awhile, but he will end up in Bellator, or a no-name face-saving Russian event. Not the UFC. UFC is being used only for negotiating purposes.

that is one thing someone said a couple days ago

if dana couldnt get fedor or w/e, he would probably be already shitting on fedor and everything else. thats classic dana

and theres the rumor about arlovski/mir

attention or he is broke

why else?

amazing post brah

He always does the Bellator fan fest things for their tent poles. This is not surprising. It would have actually been surprising if he didn't do it while not being under contract to anybody.

I'm pretty sure he'll have a fight in December..not in the UFC , Bellator, and WSOF.

tumblr_nd0c8mWP601r4gei2o1_400.gif

If I met Saku and Fedor at the same time!! Too much!!!

LMAO it's actually 10K for 2 HOURS of "work".

Wand doesn't flat out say it's the Bellator Fan Fest event but what other organization can afford that sort of dough?

Starts at 0:55

[YT]_DDMKWA7D2U[/YT]

So by that logic all of the fighters appearing at Fan Fest must be broke?

The gig pays around 10k a day. The better question is why wouldn't he attend?

Still, I think the him signing to the UFC thing is a pipe dream.

all im saying is that he left mma and was quiet for years

all of a sudden he is back in the media doing fan shows in the states

whats his agenda ?

Bellator announced today that its Fan Fest that will include Fedor Emelianenko and Kazushi Sakuraba will take place on 9/18 at 7 p.m. and Dave & Buster's in Milpitas.

The Fan Fest is open to all members of Bellator nation. Signing up is free at http://bellator.spike.com/newsletter

-

If he was 'signed' to UFC (as rumored on here), this would not be happening

wrong.
it is so clear what is happening, am i the only one that can see? coker already said he won't fight in bellator just yet. he needs to avenge his losses in the ufc. the ufc is the only place he will make his comeback

its a mutual agreement. he is just hanging out with bellator peeps. things don't have to be like they were before

He always does the Bellator fan fest things for their tent poles. This is not surprising. It would have actually been surprising if he didn't do it while not being under contract to anybody.

I'm pretty sure he'll have a fight in December..not in the UFC , Bellator, and WSOF.

Japan NYE!!!

Doesnt mean anything

Didnt he say not to long ago he needed money for his brother?

Really hope this doesn't mean anything. If he goes with Bellator instead of UFC then I'm done.

Viacom has deep pockets. Regardless, Fedor won't command the offer he did in 2009. It will bounce around for awhile, but he will end up in Bellator, or a no-name face-saving Russian event. Not the UFC. UFC is being used only for negotiating purposes.

Coker said Viacom was going to back him to bid for Brock though.

I keep seeing people say this, but I disagree. Fedor is not Brock. If Coker wanted Brock, he can go to the suits at Viacom and show them all the PPV numbers Brock pulled in for the UFC. What can he show them with Fedor? His Strikeforce history where he cost them a ton of money and went 1-3? I don't think the Viacom suits are going to be too keen on that idea.

Also, Petey, you're not addressing the issue of how Bellator can profit from putting Fedor on Spike. Do you think cable TV advertising alone is enough to turn a profit for what Fedor will be asking? I personally doubt it, and I don't see Bellator trying a PPV again any time soon.

I keep seeing people say this, but I disagree. Fedor is not Brock. If Coker wanted Brock, he can go to the suits at Viacom and show them all the PPV numbers Brock pulled in for the UFC. What can he show them with Fedor? His Strikeforce history where he cost them a ton of money and went 1-3? I don't think the Viacom suits are going to be too keen on that idea.

I think you misunderstood my post.
i completely agree with you & have said the same

Why I wrote that was due to another poster saying that Viacom would not sign Fedor without a PPV model (like SF did)
I mentioned Coker said that they would open their wallet for Brock, so if the signing makes financial sense, Viacom would do it.

Fedor & past contracts with Affliction & SF prove he was a horrid investment

First he already signed to do this so even if UFC signed him they couldnt keep him from doing it.

Not that hes signed yet but I think the chances are good hew ill at some point. What else is there? Bellator isnt gonna pay him like UFC, maybe he does a warm up in Japan or Russia but at some point it has to happen.

Lets hope so.

Back