Fedor signed to do an MMA appearance, but not UFC

DGT4NOW

Red Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bellator announced today that its Fan Fest that will include Fedor Emelianenko and Kazushi Sakuraba will take place on 9/18 at 7 p.m. and Dave & Buster's in Milpitas.

The Fan Fest is open to all members of Bellator nation. Signing up is free at http://bellator.spike.com/newsletter

-

If he was 'signed' to UFC (as rumored on here), this would not be happening

Been posted today.
Either way looks like it would be a lot of fun.

if fedor was seriously about coming back and fighting the best he would be signed to the ufc already.....

I think fedor is just looking for attention

Bellator announced today that its Fan Fest that will include Fedor Emelianenko and Kazushi Sakuraba will take place on 9/18 at 7 p.m. and Dave & Buster's in Milpitas.

The Fan Fest is open to all members of Bellator nation. Signing up is free at http://bellator.spike.com/newsletter

-

If he was 'signed' to UFC (as rumored on here), this would not be happening

... or the UFC is waiting for Fedors schedule to be cleared before announcing the signing.

I don't think Dana would be having Fedor do Bellator promos if he was coming to the UFC.

I think we can all forget about Fedor fighting in the UFC sadly.

IIRC he has been doing that for the past 4-5 years. It's real easy money according to Wand -- there is a video of him (Wand) ranting about the UFC threatening to sue him for breach because he came very close to appearing at that Fan Fest last year. I think he said it pays 10K per day.

IIRC he has been doing that for the past 4-5 years. It's real easy money according to Wand -- there is a video of him (Wand) ranting about the UFC threatening to sue him for breach because he came very close to appearing at that Fan Fest last year. I think he said it pays 10K per day.

Yes I know
That backs my point that UFC would not allow him if he was signed

Doesn't mean much. This fan fest thing was already planned before Fedor even announced his comeback.

215E4F3E54293DB005193C

if fedor was seriously about coming back and fighting the best he would be signed to the ufc already.....

Rwally? You think Fedor is doing this for attention? LOL.

Bring down whatever Fedor's current ridiculous demand/offer is

I think the main thing keeping Bellator from signing Fedor is the fact that without a PPV %, there's no way they can come close to what the UFC will offer. They could dip their toes back into the PPV pool again, but I doubt it.

I just don't see how airing his fights on Spike will generate enough profit from the deal.

attention or he is broke

why else?

I doubt he is broke, and probably doesnt care about the attention he just wants to compete and get paid. This fan fair thing was planned well ahead of time of his announcement to come back, and he may have a contract on appearances from coker since this is like his 5th one.

I think the main thing keeping Bellator from signing Fedor is the fact that without a PPV %, there's no way they can come close to what the UFC will offer. They could dip their toes back into the PPV pool again, but I doubt it.

I just don't see how airing his fights on Spike will generate enough profit from the deal.

Coker said Viacom was going to back him to bid for Brock though.

Back