Fedor signed 4 fight deal with Bellator

Huh? Mitrione is top 20 at HW and top 5 in Bellator. This is a pretty high ranking guy. The only higher ranked HW Bellator has is Kongo (or Rampage/King Mo if you want to count them at HW).

Nothing wrong at all with Monson or Rizzo, especially when he fought them and coming off 3 losses. Ishii wasn't experienced but was a gold medal winner and it was a NYE fight. Jaideep and Maldonado aren't the greatest names but Fedor clearly said they were warm up fights to see how he feels. Maldonado is a still active pro-boxer with a 24-0 record and 23 KOs, so he doesn't suck in the stand up. His ground game and tdd sucks though.
I can respect your love for Fedor but let's be real here. Bellator is the minor leagues with little to no heavyweight division. Nothing wrong with Monson or rizzo? Are you serious? Both were way passed their prime and posed almost zero threat to Fedor. Jaideep was a damn joke and that just disgusts me. You're the goat. Why are you facing some guy who's never fought. Also let's be real here. Fabio is not some world class boxer. He has good fundamentals and that's it. Also he's a LHW who has been handled multiple times in the UFC. Name one person you'd recognise in public that Fabio has on his boxing record. An undefeated boxing record means nothing.

I remember reading some recent interview where Fedor said his contract with Bellator isn't exclusive so he's free to fight at Rizin and in Russia or wherever he wants to.
l edited my post.

The book is worth getting.

Didn't mention exclusivity. So its perhaps 4 fights he owes them in a stated period of time. He might be able to fight elsewhere in between.

Bellator will be added to Dana's tombstone of dead mma promotions by fight three.

Fight 2: The winner of Sonnen-Ortiz (Ortiz ain't retired)
Fight 3: The loser of Sonnen-Ortiz
Fight 4: Bellator HW Champion

I've always felt Fedor would only sign contracts if they allow him freedom to do Sambo and fight other places. Which is understandable in my opinion. UFC would want to own everything he's ever done. If that was the case, I probably wouldn't sign that shit either. Of course, that is all speculation and honestly I'd like to see him fight guys like Overeem, Barnett, Browne, rematch Werdum as they would be competitive. Not sure if at this age he has anything for guys like Miocic and Velasquez.

Regardless, I'm happy to see him fight. We'll see how Fedor handles Mitrione's speed in the first round.

92fbc96bbd6db0a86473b5b40b7654c6.jpg

Man I hate the way Fedor is handling the end of his career. These lower ranked guys seem easier for him on paper but there's so much more risk involved. If he loses he's losing to a bottom of the barrel guy, I'd rather see him lose to a high ranked opponent. These wins do nothing for him. Pedro, monson, iishii, jaideep , and fabio are not the best names to have on your record.

Mitrione is a top 15 HW

Maldonado is a still active pro-boxer with a 24-0 record and 23 KOs, so he doesn't suck in the stand up. His ground game and tdd sucks though.

You speak of Maldonado as if he is 24-0 as a pro on the WORLD LEVEL.

Do you honestly think that would be his record if he was on the eastern euro, euro or western world circuits?

Maldonado is 24-0 on a Brazil regional circuit where plumber and taxi drivers are "pro boxers"

If Maldonado fought on the world level he would be a journey man bum with a 24-28 record.

Hypothetical question: Cro cop does well next week and decides to stick around for another fight or two.

Mirko v Fedor 2...would you watch it?

If he beats Mitrione my guess is they'll match him up with Kongo or Lashley (if they can convince Lashley to
If he beats Mitrione my guess is they'll match him up with Kongo or Lashley (if they can convince Lashley to take the fight).

If he loses to Mitrione they could do Fedor/Kharitonov, or just say fuck it and match Fedor up with Ken Shamrock.

I doubt Fedor keeps fighting if he were to get knocked out by Mitrione. Some sort of questionable ending then probably.

Those other possible encounters you listed are pretty sad. I don't know if Kharitonov and Emelienko will ever face one another.

He'll probably just end up rotating between Bellator, Rizin and Russia depending on what suits him at the moment.

It would be nice to see a rematch with Big Foot sometime in 2017.

Sonnen, Rampage, Kongo and rematch with Mirko are all decent fights for a 40 year old Fedor.

Kongo should absolutely still be in the UFC and he keeps chugging along winning fights. Mirko is still a decent fight as well. Sonnen is a dumb fight for Fedor that's a retired MW. Page is a little better but he's just a fat LHW. King Mo is better than either of those 2 options as far as I'm concerned. I thought he beat Jackson anyways and aside from that he legit beats HWs. Rampage isn't that bad a fight though idk why I'm complaining. I'll be upset if Fedor waste a fight against Tito, Bonnar, or Sonnen though.

Kongo should absolutely still be in the UFC and he keeps chugging along winning fights. Mirko is still a decent fight as well. Sonnen is a dumb fight for Fedor that's a retired MW. Page is a little better but he's just a fat LHW. King Mo is better than either of those 2 options as far as I'm concerned. I thought he beat Jackson anyways and aside from that he legit beats HWs. Rampage isn't that bad a fight though idk why I'm complaining. I'll be upset if Fedor waste a fight against Tito, Bonnar, or Sonnen though.

I think Sonnen would be a good fight because of the build up. Sonnen is a well recognized ex UFC fighter who has went well out of his way to publically trash and ridicule Fedor so it would be awesome if that fight was made so Fedor and can kick the shit out of him in the cage. I think millions of people would tune in which would be good for everyone and it would make for a compelling storyline.

Who are the 4 he is going to face? Mitrone and then....? Anyone becoming a free agent any time soon or some new kid on the block?

I hope this isn't exclusive.
He beats Mitrione and fights Tito, Mo and Rampage. If he loses against Mitrione then I think he fights Sonnen, Shamrock and Newton.

there are some verry decent matchups for him at Bellator. he is nearly 40 years old and i think this is the perfect competition for him.

Mitrione, Kongo, Lashley, Sergei, Mo, Rampage and who knows even Wanderlei are either decent or fun matchups for him.

Back