Fedor says Khabib has "gaps in his technique" rofl

Lol dude seems triggered by the fact that Khabib has overtaken him as Russian goat and overall goat (2nd to Jones only).

Khabib at #2 on the GOAT list in your eyes? The dude only has 2 title defenses. That's as many as Brock Lesnar.

Even if they mat at 185-205ln ( both close to natural weights to be fair, during both primes, Fedor lights up khabib day. He owns in striking, the clinch and god forbid get on top with his GNP. Fedor demolishes khabib . A khabib takedown , Fedor sweeps an more bashing. Khabib is a paper champ that won’t won’t fight without and adantage of size. Feed him Usman and let’s see how unbeatable the dagestani is.

He is not saying anything wrong

He is right

Even if they mat at 185-205ln ( both close to natural weights to be fair, during both primes, Fedor lights up khabib day. He owns in striking, the clinch and god forbid get on top with his GNP. Fedor demolishes khabib . A khabib takedown , Fedor sweeps an more bashing. Khabib is a paper champ that won’t won’t fight without and adantage of size. Feed him Usman and let’s see how unbeatable the dagestani is.
Fedor ducked Brock's size too. Feed bigfoot to fedor and lets see what happens. Oh wait....

fedor has gaps in his diet

I was referring to his UFC run from 2010 onward. 9 fights at MW, 10 fights at LHW, and 1 fight at HW. That's his UFC run post-pride, Strikeforce, then back to UFC.

I altered this to 9.5 MW and 9.5 LHW fights to "split the difference" because he fought Rich Franklin at 205 and both of them could have easily fought at MW, a Cowboy-Conor esque fight where both parties don't cut weight cut could.

I didn't feel like looking at this pride fights but I know he fought at both "middleweight" and "welterweight" there as well. Regardless this is a guy who fought at 185 lbs frequently, and ended his career with 5 fights at 185, and had two title shots at middleweight in the UFC. He's obviously a MW/LHW and obviously he could make 185.

What is inaccurate about this?

hmm..nah..

This is exactly what Gono quoted:

by a guy who fought 50% of his fights at 185 and he was 33 years old.

If your narrative is : Hendo was a natural MW > fine.

But then ya have to consider that Fedor was not a legit HW too. Kinda tricky, right, mate?

Career-wise, this is Hendo´s run:

kindah tricky...

> BRAZIL OPEN FIGHT 1997: 2 Fights @ 'LW' [80 kg (175 lbs) = WW]

> Rings : 5 fights @ LHW [90 kg (198 lbs)]
> 1st UFC run : 2 fights @ MW/LHW [193 lbs]... UFC´s MW Div. = [170-199.9 lbs] (HW Div.= >200 lbs)
> Pride : 18 fights, & some variation here:
- 5 fights @ MW [Pride´s WW GP] > vs Busta 2: @ 183 lbs
- 13 fights @ LHW [Pride´s MW GP] > vs Kondo : @ 199 lbs / vs Nakamura : @ 195 lbs etc
> 2nd UFC run : 2 fights @ LHW + 3 fights @ MW

> Strikeforce : 1 fight @ MW + 2 @ LHW + 1 @ HW

> 3rd UFC run: 6 fights @ LHW + 5 @ MW

Typical thinly veiled Islamophobia from Fedor.

Fedor ducked Brock's size too. Feed bigfoot to fedor and lets see what happens. Oh wait....
You seem to have an opinion, which I respect, but prime Fedor vs prime khabib at185 (which I believe is good compromise is a 1 Rd domination by Fedor. Either way Stipe both takes em at the same time. A quick right to Ko Fedor then manhandle khabib. Off topic I I know but Stipe Smash after the little squabbles are finished.

Fedor was complimentary of Khabib and I'm sure Khabib would agree he has room to improve in his striking.

sounds like he's just pointing out facts...

He's correct about Khabib's striking.

He can be very wild, flat-footed, almost brawl like, and throws chasing strikes and flying knees. Every minute the fight's standing he's at a big risk of getting knocked out. Not good for a fighter with such dominance on the ground.

Hmm, so Fedor could strike with the best strikers, grapple with the best grapplers and also be as cool as an eskimo in a Kimono and you are shitting on him? Khabib is a good wrestle humper. If he could beat WWs or MWs he could one day find himself in a conversation with Fedor among all time greats.

I don't think he's wrong on that assessment. It's obvious that Khabib's striking is not leep and bounds better then the competition (especially offensively). I would say on paper that if a fighter with a strong wrestling/grappling background can negate Khabib's wrestling and has the better striking game, Khabib has a higher possibility of losing. This is nothing new. If anything there have been champions with a dangerous wrestling/ground game with better striking then Khabib.

“However, Khabib must, of course, patch the gaps in its technique. For example, in the technique of punches and kicks. But he also does everything right. He also has time to polish these techniques to become even better.”
BJPenn article. That's Front Page News. Fedor is just saying what we all see. See Conor?<FookIsThatGuy>

Lol dude seems triggered by the fact that Khabib has overtaken him as Russian goat and overall goat (2nd to Jones only). Guy who got demolished by bigfoot and maldonado speaking on gaps in Khabib's technique lol

"Khabib has found his style, wins by using his strengths. That’s good because he is a UFC champion and uses his strengths. In these elements he stands above his rivals,” Emelianenko said.

“However, Khabib must, of course, patch the gaps in its technique. For example, in the technique of punches and kicks. But he also does everything right. He also has time to polish these techniques to become even better.”

Fuckin Bellator fighters ko'ing this dude and khabib is the one who needs to patch striking gaps

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...ys-he-needs-to-refine-his-striking-technique/

Khabib beats Maldonado 50-45

He was mainly talking about Khabib's striking technique and he's not wrong.

To be fair, I think if Khabib were a better striker it would take away from his grappling, and leave opportunities for him to be caught. In my opinion, right now, Khabib is at his most optimal as a fighter with his style of fighting. Of course, I still don’t think Fedor was insulting him. If anything he was praising him.

right, and that makes sense. I personally think his striking style suits him well, he does have a few things he could do better at, like leaving his chin up when he backs up imo, but, he is who he is because of what he is. It's why Fedor was as good as he was when he was on type. Or why GSP was so great. Or why Anderson and JBJ are so great.

and Fedor wasn't insulting him, it's the opposite.

Fedor wasn't really being disrespectful, although Khabib secretly has good boxing. Khabib certainly could be a guy who utilizes kicks since he doesn't have to worry about the fight going to the ground

Khabib with good kicks would be even more unstoppable

Fedor has mean hands, he knows what he is talking about.

Khabib aint swinging like a Fedor, at least not yet

Back