Fedor preparing for Chael - training camp pics and videos

Fedor's coaches are fine, but Fedor will be 42 by the time his next fight happens. He is never going to be in his prime again. Fedor threw Mir (who was much heavier) easily in his last fight and KO'd the guy faster than anyone ever has. That was impressive for Fedor's age against a younger guy who was 30 lbs heavier, 3 inches taller, and a legend of the sport, and one of the greatest ufc HW champs in history.

It doesn't matter who Fedor trains with, his speed is about 60% of what it once was, his chin is about gone, but he still has big power. Put him with whomever is the greatest coach on the planet and he can still go down from a HW with power, but he can also knock their head off if he lands first. That's just the situation these days. On paper Sonnen is a much easier fight than Mir, but as I have said before, I only see 2 ways for Sonnen to win:

1. Fake a shot and land a punch. Sonnen is a big guy and close to Fedor's size. People forget he rocked Anderson when he was cutting weight, he will have more power now at HW, and even hurt Rampage in their HW fight and Rampage was bigger than him.

2. When taken down, Fedor tends to turn to his knees to try and stand up. Sonnen is good with a Guillotine and finished Shogun with it. Sonnen could grab one in a scramble.

Both Fedor and Sonnen go for it right away. I expect Sonnen to come out and get in Fedor's face right away. If Fedor lands on him he will crumble and fold and get beat up like Bob Sapp throwing a fight. If he lands a takedown or punch, things could be interesting. I expect it to be over quick either way, but give Fedor a high chance of winning as long as he fights smart. But Sonnen isn't a chump, he has beat some good guys in his career and is a danger.

It will be so funny if chael beats his ass. Man I hope it happens

It will be so funny if chael beats his ass. Man I hope it happens
I don't understand this. Could you elaborate? Why would it be funny?

It's not like it would be a major upset if Chael beat Fedor at this point.

I wanna hang out and train with Teddy and his crew so bad!

d1EvY0mobiI.jpg

You must be the life of the party..
Kind of thinking the same thing about this prude. <Lmaoo>

He may be on to something though. Some other questions to ponder:
- Has Fedor ever actually trained or fought?
- Does he prefer losing to winning?
- Is Russia a real place?
- Is Scott Coker actually the Diaz brothers father?

Some big boys. Crazy how Fedor is one of the smaller guys in the pic.
2J0ZtN27WSA.jpg

It appears he is training for long walks in the woods with close friends and stopping along the way to teach a class.

Says will bring someone to emulate Chael Sonnen
Then pretty much same faces
Idk about that. He has his Fedor team guys with him - Sidelnikov, Nemkov bros, Tokov and Moldavskiy but aside from them I don't recognise any of the guys in this pic. Plus, the training camp started some days ago.

The GOAT will win this tournament.

Motivated Fedor ain't no joke and is forever #1 and still good enough to beat them all despite being past his prime.

Last edited:
To all doubters - It does seem like Fedor brought in heavy wrestlers this time. A lot of new faces in his camp.
kHJBVzLnvUs.jpg

yADjukOxInw.jpg

Michael jordan admitted he would be a shit coach in basketball.

Tony larusa never played pro baseball in his life and led the Cardinals to a world series.

So you never know.
Whats Greg Jackson's MMA record again?? ;)

I still, for some strange reason think Chael is in this fight right up to his eyeballs. Dude was a MW title contender and he could bring it. Put the best MW ever on his back and beat the fuck out of him until the hail mary sub (that would never get him now, his grappling is FAR superior to what it was then).

Chael still got that wrestling and will be a hell of a lot bigger. He's been grappling in Metamoris and ADCC. Facing OLD Fedor, he's in for a shot.

Depending on the lines, a value bet would be on Chael.

Fedor is NOT the same fighter, he is literally a DECADE past his best.

Back