Fedor opens as a massive underdog against Darth Bader

of course Bader is the huge favourite against old Man Fedor.
but how awesome would it be if Fedor KO´s or subs Bader and ends his career with that ?

Best is to hit Fedor round 1 which will prob be +600ish

Dominating Chael doesnt mean much when its a) 2018 and b) you're a heavyweight.

This is going to be hard to watch for a lot of old time fans. Bader is going to run Fedor over like a truck.

Well, it does mean something when you drop a guy repeatedly in the opening seconds who has a solid chin.

I’m not saying he’ll win though.

Bader should be the favorite but not by this much.

It makes sense. Mitrione beat Fedor. Matt lost to Bader. Now Bader is fighting Fedor.

Yet Fedor is underrated.
Yeah people seem to forget that Mittrione has zero wrestling / bottom game. Fedor is much harder to take down, and once you take him down you have to be aware of reversals, armbar etc. Striking Fedor had a lot of wild fights lately. Even the once in which he got KO'd himself, he hurt the other fighter first. Can Bader take that shot?

I can see Fedor winning this pretty easy actually. Out of Mir, Sonnen, and Bader, Mir was the toughest fight for Fedor on paper. With Fedor's chin and age one never knows, but Bader isn't even close to the toughest fight Fedor has had.

So do you have to bet on round and method or can you just say "I bet on X fighter to win".

I'm sorry, but yes there is. Did you see how terrible he looked in there against Nelson? How helpless he was against Bader despite being way bigger?

How he's the last guy Mr. Rousey actually managed to beat?

He is not a great fighter and neither is Maldonado who put a hell of a beating on him.

Mir is another guy that was great, but now? Feels like you're living in 2007 man.

When he beat fedor he was ranked Hw fighter I think it was 12 or 11.

Meathead also ktfo of the current UFC title challenger that garbage bag lewis.

If Bader fights smart and doesnt rush himself and times his wrestling shots in a clever way while Fedor throws his big punches he will have a great night. I dont see Fedor doing well from his back against Bader and I think if he is to end up on his back he will look to tie Bader up rather than going for subs. Going for subs will allow Bader to pass Fedor's guard where he could smash easier. Bader has the kind of grappling and endurance which could really expose Fedor's age and if he's smart he will stick to that game and not deviate.

If Bader decides to shoot it out on the feet from the start and makes the slightest mistake or gets caught frozen then Fedor will make him pay dearly. It will really come down to Bader's approach. Its hard to see Fedor winning if Bader plays it smart. Fedors best bet is to surprise Bader early and put him away. Anything past the first round will be bad for Fedor.

This is just like the time everyone said fedor would be scared if chael took him down.

Fedor's biggest weakness is his fight IQ.

If he fought smart he couldve put Sonnen away in the first 15 seconds instead of letting him back into the fight and making it risky. Gotta believe that oddmakers take that into account.

I guess the odds are right if you consider the fact that Bader is a point wrestler and the current rules and cage fence favor them immensely, but Fedor has a way of finding chins early, 25 finishes in the first round prove that (12 ko's if I'm not mistaken)

I'm confident Fedor will put up a good fight.

Last edited:
Baders the only Bellator fighter who could still hang with top contenders in the UFC.
It makes sense he's heavy favourite.

And yes I'm not including Mousasi.

Fedor's biggest weakness is his fight IQ.

If he fought smart he couldve put Sonnen away in the first 15 seconds instead of letting him back into the fight and making it risky. Gotta believe that oddmakers take that into account.

Fedor has a great fight IQ excluding moments of human error. He didnt follow Sonnen down because he learned his lesson against Werdum and decided to keep smashing Sonnen on the feet.

Ryan could beat the current Fedor standing if he wanted too, .

Fortunately.... that's what Mir and Sonnen believed...

giphy.gif

OddballPlainCowbird-small.gif

Back