Fedor on why no UFC deal... Recent "Fedor Close Up" documentary

Well, in all fairness I don't consider "____ didn't fight in the UFC!" a legit reason to discredit their achievement. It would be like if this was 1983 and you insisted that all the basketball players that played before the NBA ABA merger were somehow lesser than the ones in the 80s just on the basis that they played for a different commission in the day. So a stupid argument like that would get a stupid response, like being called a "Zuffa Zombie."

Opinion is one thing but when you try to make an assertion and back it with reason, you should be prepared to defend your reasoning.

I will admit that I dont post on Sherdog too often, so I dont know if the excuse, "____ didn't fight in the UFC!" is used a lot. If that is the main excuse they use, then you are right, their reason isn't very good.

However, the times that I see a Fedor thread, I see Fedor 'huggers throw tantrums at people who simply disagree with them. Then they will look at your avatar or sig. and bash any fighter that you associate with.

I mean, some Fedor nutlicker bashed Ranen Barao just after he lost just to hype Fedor, seemed pretty pathetic to me. I honestly think that Fedor's hardcore fans just cant take the fact that some people don't think he is GOAT.

Yet most of the GOAT polls that come out Fedor wins them all and many MMA fighters past/present and champions also call him the GOAT.

Yeah, it's not like groupthink could exist within a subculture of guys who get hit in the head for a living.

But that is irrelevant

Now you're starting to get it!

I will admit that I dont post on Sherdog too often, so I dont know if the excuse, "____ didn't fight in the UFC!" is used a lot. If that is the main excuse they use, then you are right, their reason isn't very good.

However, the times that I see a Fedor thread, I see Fedor 'huggers throw tantrums at people who simply disagree with them. Then they will look at your avatar or sig. and bash any fighter that you associate with.

I mean, some Fedor nutlicker bashed Ranen Barao just after he lost just to hype Fedor, seemed pretty pathetic to me. I honestly think that Fedor's hardcore fans just cant take the fact that some people don't think he is GOAT.

Same can be said for Anderson, GSP, and even Jones fans. I do agree that Fedor fans get wild at times and as a Fedor fan it makes me feel embarrassed to see shit like that. Most if them are trolls anyways.

Fedor's biggest problem was he didn't evolve beyond the big right hand.

He didn't seem to ever truly prepare for being in a bad position.

I fucking hate these noobs who only watched a couple of late Fedor's fights and think they know Fedor the fighter.

For the majority of his career Fedor was a ground and pound fighter (think Cain) with very dangerous submissions (think Mir). Only toward the end of his career did he become a head hunter.

Rumor has it that Fedor is returning to MMA by fighting Shogun on the upcoming UFC Japan card via Middle Row Ryan.

i dont see how someone who never fought in the ufc could be called goat, add to that how much the sport has evolved in the last 5 years and it makes even less sense.

Just how Shoeless Joe Jackson cant be considered great because he wasn't even playing in proper baseball parks and didn't have to face relievers, right?

smh

UFC Champions in 2003-2006 Frank Mir, Tim Sylvia, Andre Arlovski.

Other heavyweights in that time period: Justin Eilers, Paul Buentello, Cabbage, Ian Freeman, Wes Sims, Dan Christiansen, Tank Abbott, Antoni Hardonk.

So tell me again how it would behoove Fedor to fight those men rather than Nogueira, Crocop, Heath Herring, Fujita, Coleman, Randleman, Ogawa? I mean, Fedor beat two of those three champs while they were still ranked Top-5 in the world.

Last edited:
Fedors word? Yeah, I think I'll pass on this biased view of the events that took place. Entirely untrustworthy.

Its too bad Fedor was Finkelstien's puppet. If he only had a mind of his own he could have made a lot more money.

V2.gif

Back