Fedor on why he chose Bellator

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by InfinityLens, Dec 19, 2016.

1. InfinityLens

InfinityLens Black Belt

2. manboy<3

manboy<3 don't card me bro

Here's what the article says so people don't have to click

"We had been negotiating with several organizations, but opted for Bellator, as the head of the organization, Scott Coker - an honest man, honest, we already have experience with,” Emelianenko explained to Lenta.ru. “We were interested in his proposal.”

The former PRIDE FC heavyweight champion also commented on the latest round of failed negotiations with the UFC.

“Yes, this option was there,” Fedor added. “I was offered a [contract] from UFC, but it did not suit me. We have had disagreements, in particular about matters of promotion.”
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^^^^^
    I don't believe that the UFC offered a contract because Fedor's managment was dumb enough for Fedor to fight on Fight Pass for free and because he's no longer even remotely sellable as anything but a shot legend and why sign him when a chump like CM Punk is far more profitable?

I really do think that Bellator and maybe 1 Russian promotion were the only interested parties in Fedor hence why he ended up taking a risky fight against Mitrione

SRN and qw3rty like this.
  3. synyster

synyster Brown Belt

No way they would of given him some sort of offer... Dana White stated that the fight pass card with Fedor did big numbers and he was shocked how many people still want to see Fedor. "matters of promotion" all boils down to the terms of the contract, the contract he signed with Bellator is non exclusive, he can still jump over to Russia and take a multi million dollar fight at anytime thats the value of his bellator contract, and as far as a risky fight with matt I dont think Fedor ever cared who he fights its all about money at the end of the day like with every business... Even if he loses to matt that would make him 5-1 in his last 6 plus he is 40 I dont think a loss to matt hurts him at all at this point, Anderson is 1-4-1 in his last 6 also 40 and people still wanna see him. Legends never die man!

Sicarii and Mixfight like this.
  4. manboy<3

manboy<3 don't card me bro

I used to think that as well but then I saw that only 600k viewrs wanted to watch Rampage fight for Bellator and I pretty much understood that no one cares about Shot legends anymore unless it's a freakshow

5. Mixfight

Mixfight Black Belt

Good post.

6. Mixfight

Mixfight Black Belt

7. synyster

synyster Brown Belt

ya but when was the last time Rampage had an exciting fight... he is fat and just boxes in MMA fights and no one boxes back with him so it doesnt work well at all. Also he isnt quite on the level of legends like Fedor, Andy, Gsp, Penn ect...