Fedor Nuthuggers Be Honest: Are You Nervous?

lol back when? back in March of 2015? :rolleyes:
that some long ass time Fedor fan

And the fact that you think account date has anything to do with anything deserves and even bigger eye roll

898.gif

Last edited:
Huge longtime fan, and no. Nervous is for delusional twits who can't engage in realistic discussion. If he loses, I'll be disappointed, but the guy is on the far end of his career arc. It is what it is. I'm surprised he's returning at all.

He needs that money. That's why they all come back

I'm nervous as f... for anyone that has to face him :)
but nah Im nervous they gonna give him a monster like Cain or Jds for his first fight and if he doesn't do well I have to listen to the shertard haters talk about how he was never good.

Nope, I hope he wins but I'm not attached to his success like I was when I was a teen.

Yes.

I think they should give him an easy fight first. Struve or Sahwn Jordan, someone that he can tune up and get in the groove.

Nope, seen him lose already. Happy to have him back. Honestly now that he is in the UFC just like everyone else I hope people can just appreciate the fights for what they are and not add this whole other narrative, like them about ufc vs everyone.

Nervous?

Why? His legacy is already cemented. This is all just a bonus no matter how it goes.

I'm very grateful I get to witness this.

No matter what happens his legacy is untouchable.

Obviously I'd still rather see him winning though.

You think he gets by JDS?

If the JDS that showed up for the Stipe fight shows up against patient robot Fedor...I would like Fedor's chances.

Other fights that would at least be fun to watch...Mir, Arlovski 2, Hunt 2...I think he'd kill Big Nog in the ring, then Big Nog would thank him in the afterlife...

His timing for a comeback really couldn't be any better. The current state of the HW division is as vulnerable as it's ever been. We're talking about Frank Mir and Andrei Arlovski fighting for a no.1 contender spot, these two were getting TKO'd left and right 4 years ago. Both had 4 fight losing streaks. Cain Velasquez got the shit beat out of him. JDS has seen better days, he gets battered in every fight now win or lose and his reaction time is worse than it's ever been. Mark Hunt, ffs, is still a viable opponent in the top 10.

There is a lot of parity right now in the weight class. More than there has even been since Arlovski and Sylvia were TKOing each other.

Fedor probably views it as his best chance to win a UFC title. Something he probably wouldn't have thought 2 years. I don't blame him. He has a better chance to win it now than he ever had.

Not at all.

With healed hands... fuckers are in for a surprise :)

You folks are really forgetting who Fedor is.

Someone that knows what their talking about.

Fedor is gonna run the table. Most of you have no idea how good Fedor is. I know for sure he is the greatest mma fighter of all time.

After Fedor broke his hand on Gary Goodridge's head his whole game changed from a gnp fighter who smothered opponents to a striker. His hands have been a serious issue so much he almost retired during PrideFC. If you noticed in the Rogers fight his right hand was a real problem. Fedor literally fought one handed but most of you don't know this.

2010+ Fedor you could clearly see the decline. His bear frame of a body was slimmed down. He lost a lot of muscle mass and the power was fading. Even his clinch work was shit. The game plan was take your head off all the while marital problems, all kinds of nagging injuries and dare I say it...the good life caught up. The passion was gone. You could see it in interviews, body language and yes even his face. Fedor does show emotion like every man and when the fire is out anyone can see that. I know I saw it and I also saw the inevitable loss.

So Fedor ruins Werdum standing in about 20 seconds and then sits in his guard like a white belt? Worse the Silva fight. Fedor was checked out at this point. I was not suprised to see him lose 3 straight. The truth is it didnt have to be Werdum, Silva or Hendo but could have been almost anyone legit and hungry. The way Fedor was going he might have lost to Schaub at the time, thats how bad it was.

I knew he would need years off and this rekindled the fire. He healed up properly and got his body back and now? well look out!

A healthy Fedor who is hungry? :icon_evil #UFC HW BELT

Very.

It's gonna be interesting to see how he does, but personally I rather he stay retired.

I'm mostly worried about if he comes in and fails on what that says for his legacy.

Dana has bashed him for so long saying he was nothing special. If he comes in and loses, I don't think I could take a "I told you so" rant from Dana.

It's a huge gamble. The guy is 38, almost 39 and should have just stayed retired. If he comes in wins or even wins the UFC title, that would be huge and would certainly cement his status as GOAT but if he loses or looks embarrassing, he'll never live it down.

Nervous as fuck, almost sure he'll get his ass kicked and almost don't want to see him return

No matter what happens his legacy is untouchable.

Obviously I'd still rather see him winning though.

To hardcore fans of course. And right now he is considered a Top 5 fighter all-time by any measure, BUT, if he gets smashed in his return to the UFC questions about his legacy will increase especially as the UFC grows and gets more mainstream. Fans constantly have to be educated, and this would make it harder on us hardcore fans to continually do this.

So this is more important than you think to Fedor on a broader scale. If he wins the UFC HW belt he will have the opportunity to erase ALL doubters and be UNEQUIVOCALLY known as the best of all time, the absolute GOAT which right now he is interchangeable with Anderson, GSP and Jon Jones.

Very few times in life someone has the chance to be universally known as the best ever; Michael Jordan and Ali are examples. This is Fedor's change to have 99% believe he is the GOAT.

To hardcore fans of course. And right now he is considered a Top 5 fighter all-time by any measure, BUT, if he gets smashed in his return to the UFC questions about his legacy will increase especially as the UFC grows and gets more mainstream. Fans constantly have to be educated, and this would make it harder on us hardcore fans to continually do this.

So this is more important than you think to Fedor on a broader scale. If he wins the UFC HW belt he will have the opportunity to erase ALL doubters and be UNEQUIVOCALLY known as the best of all time, the absolute GOAT which right now he is interchangeable with Anderson, GSP and Jon Jones.

Very few times in life someone has the chance to be universally known as the best ever; Michael Jordan and Ali are examples. This is Fedor's change to have 99% believe he is the GOAT.

1. Aldo is above Jones.
2. Not sure it matters to Fedor. That dude is mellow as hell. It matters to his fans though.
3. You're right to be honest, our work is never done.

stfu

fedor is already the GOAT. he has nothing to prove dummy. he's fighting in the ufc just to fight in the ufc.

fedor is way way way passed his prime. no one expects him to win the title. if he does, great.

still the goat.

I don't think he has anything to prove, but it does make me a bit nervous at him coming back. I know his age doesn't seem to be an issue when you see how AA, Hunt and Werdum are doing, but it still worries me some.

I hope he is competitive and still has some of 'it' left. The recent changes to the drug testing only benefit him as well.

Basically, I'm excited about his comeback, but equally nervous.

Dude is still the fucking GOAT, though.

Back