Fedor Nuthuggers Be Honest: Are You Nervous?

Btw, every single Fedor-Hater is a douchebag. Has to be.

Do people still get nervous? Has no one else become desensitized after seeing do many of the fighters they root for get dominated?

I was a big Fedor fan back in the day but I wouldn't consider myself a Nuthugger, and I am even nervous for him.

Dude lost to Werdum, Bigfoot and a MW/LHW in Dan Henderson how is he going to compete years later with the JDS', Cains and improved Werdums of the world?

I know Fedor wants to avenge his loses but I hope the UFC gives him a very winnable fight to start out with, like Struve

Honestly, I can see someone like Roy Nelson knocking him out.

Don't be a negative Nancy.

Of course we are nervous.

I hope he shows up in his 2012 form. If he does, I'll be much more confident.

Not only this, but also:

"He's obviously got unbelievable potential, but he had some distractions getting ready for this fight. The movie. The commercials. If Fedor wants to keep winning, and winning well, he needs to train professionally. Right now he won with his old tricks. The fact that Fedor won, don't get me wrong, I'm very happy about. But he won this fight because of the training before this fight. The experience he had before this fight. The trainers did everything we could to get him ready. But for title fights, we can't train the way we trained for this one."

Longtime Emelianenko trainer Vladimir Voronov reflects on the slow start from his star pupil at Saturday's 'Day of Reckoning' main event. "The Last Emperor" was getting worked over fairly well in the stand-up by the dangerous Andrei Arlovski until a flying knee became a flying knockout. Voronov blames the ever-growing number of commitments that Fedor has as major distractions to his pre-fight training - the same distractions that contributed to his first grappling loss in over eight years at the 2008 World Sambo Tournament back in November

I'll take a past-his-prime Fedor over everyone not named Cain in the HW division.

I'd love to see Cormier vs Fedor at a catchweight though.

I dont care what anyone says Fedor will not win one fight if he comes back. Just too much time off and he was never too good in a cage.

There you have it folks, your perfect UFC customer, puffed up with a sense of his own knowledge of the sport but actually lacking in even the most basic of honest analysis.

I wonder how he deals with the cognitive dissonance of believing guys in their mid 30's after long careers not having declined whilst glorying in GSP stepping away from the sport aged 32. I'm waiting for the "he took a stand on PEDs" argument conveniently forgetting that Fedor actually fought two guys on TRT and was involved in a faceoff with Overeem who was then popped for high test, no sign of Hendricks failing a test yet.....

Honestly I think the #1 reason for Fedor's popularity is also a large part of why he's considered the GOAT by many. That is he had a very long undefeated run BUT was also a highly aggressive fighter during it looking for finishes rather than riding out decisions.

Relax. Your boy

The reality is that its very tough to know exactly what form Fedor might come back in, he'd dropped off before retirement but he hadn't fallen off a cliff like Nog and Crocop have and did seem to show an improvement in his last few fights.

I think you'll find "boy" that its actually your line of dishonest argument that benefits from the passage of time. Older names will naturally decline and only get to face younger names when past there best, the likely defeats can then he sold as "evolution" in all cases.

Its the gift that keeps on giving, because many UFC fans tend to be non sports fans and/or previous pro wrestling fans and the sport itself is young the UFC have successfully been able to sell to them that physical decline isn't a big issue. Other sports fans must look in at like some kind of zoo and shake there heads at the absolute wanton ignorance of it.

You attract enough of such people and it creates a feedback loop as they normalise there illogical viewpoints with each other. If they same kind of talk took place on a boxing forum it would face outright hostility from 99% of those posting, with MMA there will always been enough support for it for people to cling to the idea they know "the truth".

I love your brain:) No homo, other than Sapiens and a bit Neanderthalensis:)

Dunno if nuthugger is the word I'd use to describe myself but yeah I'm nervous. Not really because I think it's that unlikely that he'll do alright... but hes my favorite fighter and he's coming back after a long time. Of course I'm nervous.

Of course I'm nervous. The guy is going to be like 42 when he returns, loses, and then everyone talks about how 27 year old Emelianenko was overrated.

Not nervous at all. I do think there's a great chance he'll be overpowered by some of the bigger guys like Cain, but Fedor's cardio and technique still present a huge danger to most heavyweights.

Not nervous.
I've already seen him lose by sub, by GnP, and by lucky punch.

He's still the best HW I've ever seen.
Ever.

I don't expect him to be as good, and I wouldn't be surprised if he had a bad loss or two. But he should be fun to watch, and you never know.

I was a big Fedor fan back in the day but I wouldn't consider myself a Nuthugger, and I am even nervous for him.

Dude lost to Werdum, Bigfoot and a MW/LHW in Dan Henderson how is he going to compete years later with the JDS', Cains and improved Werdums of the world?

I know Fedor wants to avenge his loses but I hope the UFC gives him a very winnable fight to start out with, like Struve

Honestly, I can see someone like Roy Nelson knocking him out.

lol back when? back in March of 2015? :rolleyes:
that some long ass time Fedor fan

Back