Fedor Nuthuggers Be Honest: Are You Nervous?

I'm nervous in the sense that it's a 38 year old man on a 3 year layoff coming in to the biggest promotion in the world currently.

A lot of Fedor haters, Dana included have insinuated that Fedor had ducked the UFC all of these years. For him to come in and if he looks bad and loses, that just adds to that thinking.

In reality, it's just a 38 year old man coming in to the UFC when he should stay retired. If Fedor comes in and wins or even wins the UFC title, that's icing on the cake to his career but no one should expect him to come in and look good. If you look at other sports where guys come back in their 30s, it's ALWAYS bad news.

The one saving grace is that the Heayvweight roster is full of guys in their mid to late 30s so Fedor would be on equal footing. Age isn't the only factor though. You have to look at his change in style and mindset towards the end of his career.

I'm nervous but excited. It's like seeing Michael Jordan come back to play on the Wizards. You know it's not going to be the same but it's a chance to see a legend in action again.

Fuck being nervous, its exciting. Maybe three years did him some good. It wasnt like he was sitting around, he competed in sambo tourneys etc. Sometimes a long layoff is good for some fighters, it helps them refocus, and if anyone can be a monster its Fedor.

It all depends where he is at mentally and if he has adapted well to aging.

I will be happy to see him fight but struggling to remember that he is a 38 year old who has been through the wars.

Hisatches with nog and cro cop were a decade ago.

So yeah, I am nervous. If he can't perform I will be sad. Won't make me think he was never good though. Men age and fade.

Not everyone is Bernard Hopkins.

except for werdum, bigfoot, and MW hendo

I'm sure anderoid would have been terrified of chonan and takase if he ever rematched them.

Get the fuck out of here with your flame baiting.

Dude lost to Werdum, Bigfoot and a MW/LHW in Dan Henderson how is he going to compete years later with the JDS', Cains and improved Werdums of the world?

Dude won 28 straight fights over 9 years and won 7 fights over UFC champions in that period of time.

Werdum has finished Cain, Fedor and Nog- he is a great HW and literally the best HW BJJ partitioner in the history of MMA. Fedor made an epic mistake playing in his guard and lost a fight ... and at a time when he was so "unbeatable" that he had taken to fighting dangerously and going for KOs and really abandoning his roots. He may have drank the cool aid at that point, but none the less, Werdum is 100% legit.

Hendo and Bigfoot were both on the sauce.

and the Hendo stoppage was atrocious. Fedor was in guard about a second after that punch landed. He was fine.

Dude won 28 straight fights over 9 years and won 7 fights over UFC champions in that period of time.

Werdum has finished Cain, Fedor and Nog- he is a great HW and literally the best HW BJJ partitioner in the history of MMA. Fedor made an epic mistake playing in his guard and lost a fight ... and at a time when he was so "unbeatable" that he had taken to fighting dangerously and going for KOs and really abandoning his roots. He may have drank the cool aid at that point, but none the less, Werdum is 100% legit.

Hendo and Bigfoot were both on the sauce.

and the Hendo stoppage was atrocious. Fedor was in guard about a second after that punch landed. He was fine.

Fedor was wrecking Werd on the feet, it was a punch that sent him to the mat. If he was smart he would have kept it standing and probably won. Bigfoot was on TRT, and every fighter who was a known TRT user, had STEEP declines after the TRT was gone. Hendo just used a brilliant strike angle and hits like a truck, hes also one of the best fighters in MMA history (also was on TRT at the time), no shame in losing to him.

Fuck being nervous, its exciting. Maybe three years did him some good. It wasnt like he was sitting around, he competed in sambo tourneys etc. Sometimes a long layoff is good for some fighters, it helps them refocus, and if anyone can be a monster its Fedor.

Exactly.

This is the type of thing that separates the fans from the wankers.

I honestly wonder if some of these posters actually LIKE to watch mma???

I love it. and believe it or not someone has lost in almost every MMA fight I have ever watched, and the world kept spinning.

Manage your expectations, it's been a few years.
Give him a can first

He's not in his prime. That is history, for good and for bad. Can't get nervous about history.
This is like Ali in the 80s. Doesn't mean much.

Win or lose I'll support him, I honestly think he presents a serious danger to anyone and everyone in the division though.

I know he lost those three fights but who do you honestly think has the easiest match up with him? I'd say he beats them all in rematches (7/10), I don't know who would be his toughest match up even...

Yes. I know he will lost eventually and I hope is not a KO.

he might be able to beat browne and hunt, but other than that he can't beat the people currently in the top 10

I will be nervous as hell because Fedor will go straight for whoever stands infront of him and start trading bombs. Its going to be intense, heart raising, sweaty palms. Win or lose, i am ready.

It will be interesting seeing him fight Henderson and Bigfoot who aren't on PEDs and Yeah, Werdum will beat him if Fedor ever gets a title shot.

'Lil nervous, 'lil nervous. That being said, there is nothing he can really do at this point in his career that would change my perspective that he is thus far the HW GOAT. So that is already cemented for me. But, yes I'd love to see him do great now and would be saddened if he just got crushed....which he may.

This. Undisputed hw goat. Everyone wrote off Arlovski and Lawler not that long ago and add to that the lack of depth at hw and I think he might do OK. Only time will tell.

Not nervous at all. When he was undefeated fighting Arlovski, Big Foot and some other at the end yeah super nervous always but I'm just excited now and hope he does well. Not sure what to expect...

There's no reason for anyone to be nervous. Fedor has way more to gain by coming back than he does to lose.

If he's successful at all... it's another feather in his cap, he's got UFC wins on his resume, at the age of 38-39.

If he loses... oh well, he capped off his career in major organizations being finished 3 times in a row, no additional damage if someone like Roy Nelson KO's him... he's 39, a shell of himself etc.

Fedor fighting in the UFC is all extra credit at this point... if he does well it adds to an already great legacy, if he loses then nothing changes.

Anderson is in a similar situation right now after losing twice and getting popped for PED's... if he comes back and puts on a couple great perfomances, awesome... if he gets KO'd by Bisping (ok that might actually hurt) but still... just a sign he should have retired already.

He lost to Bigfoot because Bigfoot was roided out of this world, and outweighed him by 50 lbs. Hendo was roided out of this world too. Werdum he was just careless with.

No I'm not nervous but I don't think he will dominate like he use to.

He might look like shit or he might look amazing. Healing is important. But time waits for no man. I really wanna see him vs a guy near his age/from his era first (such as Mir) to see how he fares.

Back