1. Monday Downtime - All Evolve Media Sites will be undergoing maintenance Monday March 30. This will occur during a window of 7 PM (Pacific Time) to Tuesday afternoon. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Fedor: "Next fight will probably be in Bellator or the UFC"

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Andrey Kamensky, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Andrey Kamensky

Andrey Kamensky Black Belt

Here's the full video of Fedor answering fans questions from a couple days ago: (Russian)

At around 6:00 minute mark a fan asks him about the future of his career, and says that he watched all his fights and that he's a big fan and then he says something stupid: "I watched all your fights, pride fights, UFC fights (lmao) , I was always cheering for you".
    And Fedor then laughs and says:
    "Thank you very much. It's possible that we'll end end in the UFC". and laughs once again.
    "You know, I understand that I don't have a lot of time left, based on the time and number of fights that I had, but if God's willing I'd to fight/stay a little longer. Now wer'e looking at some offers. One from Rizin, UFC of course and Bellator offered a deal too. And we will choose the better one. I think that the next one (fight) will be in Bellator or the UFC. That's why I need to prepare/train seriously and if it's God's will I like to fight some more. I can't say how long will I be fighting, but I'd like to stay and fight some more."

2. TheBrownRanger

TheBrownRanger Brown Belt

"It's possible that we'll end in the UFC."

Oh no, not this dance again.

3. Andrey Kamensky

Andrey Kamensky Black Belt

This is the last dance if so. So why not? he actually said that the next one will probably be for one of the two American promotions.
    I think he also wants to end his career in the UFC. And if they come to terms, I think we will see him there. But the real question here is - will he make the effort and prepare as best as he can for the upcoming fight(s)?

4. Hagelslag2

Hagelslag2 Brown Belt

It's really all meh to me at this point. He's a shadow of his former self and that's an insult to shadows. He's already proven he's the best HW ever, so he doesn't have to go to the UFC to prove that, but this whole "I'm probably signing with the UFC" thing was already played out 8 years ago.Seriously, either do it and get your shit kicked in by guys with less milage and better training or stop saying you're going to fight in the UFC and fight the Jaideeps of the world.

5. GSP_37

GSP_37 Titanium Belt

The boy who cried "UFC".

6. IndyCovaHart

IndyCovaHart Gold Belt

I love Fedor but this shit is way past due.

7. thrillkilla77

thrillkilla77 Green Belt

^^ sad, but true

Toad Frogan likes this.
  8. Kinger85

Kinger85 Gold Belt

I'll believe it when I see it.

9. Hey fedor less talk, more rock

10. Rogerdraven

Rogerdraven Purple Belt

Amazing amount of disrespect to the GOAT on here. Sherdog really is filled with garbage posters. Fedor said from the time he announced his comeback that he wanted 2 warm up fights (because he is 40 and had 3.5 years off). He said one in Japan, one in Russia (both of which he did) and then he would probably go to the U.S. (which he is attempting to do). He has done exactly what he said he would do and you morons are acting like he is lying when it is actually you guys who are the dishonest ones (or ignorant).

Samdwich, Claude, TTech and 15 others like this.
  11. KillerElite

KillerElite Carlos Condit knees people in the face

You mean the tied Goat

Estudante likes this.
  12. Rogerdraven

Rogerdraven Purple Belt

No, I meant exactly what I said.

13. J. Bernie Cunningham

J. Bernie Cunningham Banned Banned

Fedor suggesting a UFC run?!

What totally new and exciting news that I've never heard before.

14. NHB7

NHB7 Steel Belt

I have just about 0 interest in seeing him in the UFC now. I wanted the prime Fedor who GnP'd the hell out of Heath and Nog, went to the ground with great wrestlers like Coleman and Randleman and subbed them, stood toe-to-toe with Mirko.

I wanted that Fedor to run over the then UFC which was Tim Sylvia, AA, Randy Couture. It never happened, but fortunately he fought 2 out of 3 in Affliction while they were still ranked top 5 and beat them soundly.

I have no interest in Fedor who barely beat Maldonado (if he even did beat him), versus Black Beast, Cain, JDS etc!!! No no no. Go to Rizin, fight a geriatric or a MW, collect check and proudly retire.

15. milonofcroton

milonofcroton Yellow Belt

Would be cool, let's wait and see. Bigfoot rematch would be a good, marketable and winnable UFC start up fight.

Andrey Kamensky and Rogerdraven like this.
  16. SalvadorAllende

SalvadorAllende Interim Belt

So it is going to be Bellator.

17. Rogerdraven

Rogerdraven Purple Belt

That would be my guess since he has a working relationship with them already. But Fedor is looking for the best deal in the U.S.. It's not just about money for him, but respect and freedom. Bellator certainly is miles ahead of the ufc in terms of respect and freedom. But with the new ufc owners and a toned down dana white, who knows. Seeing Fedor in Reebok shorts with misspelled t-shirts would be sad. I hope he goes to Bellator and splits his time between there, Rizin and maybe EFN.

chiefwiggum likes this.
  18. jei

jei Danger Zone Admin Staff Member Forum Administrator

Nope, I'm not buying it. He's saying this to get his name back in the headlines, and that pains me to type because I love Fedor. However, any time he mentions the letters UFC, people freak out and talk about him again. It's good marketing.

If he goes to Bellator, people won't really care. They'll be disappointed. Who would he fight in Bellator? Their HW division isn't exactly sparkling. It's not nearly terrific.

19. thedevious

thedevious Everyone Is On PEDs Except Me

I'm done getting excited about this until I see him actually in the octagon.

TheNinja likes this.
  20. BeardotheWeirdo

BeardotheWeirdo Silver Belt

I think it will be Lashley, and based on what Fedor and Coker both said, I'm pretty sure it's going to be Bellator.

It's too bad Brock got busted. That was the one fight I could see the UFC maybe doing as a one-off fight for Fedor.

lilianjie and Rogerdraven like this.