Fedor: Never lost in a ring. But lost almost every cage fighg?

Because he fought in cage when he got old. He took too much punishment in his earlier career and losses his chin now

Thought this was going to be a thread about Fedor holding the ropes vs Matt Lindland.

Fedor: Never lost in untested Roiding competition.

But lost almost every strictly-tested MMA fight.

Interesting eh.

Fedor is King of PEDs users.

Ban for fighter bashing and accusations of steroid use

Because he could grab the ropes to keep from getting planted on his ass

Is this an accurate statistic. I'm trying to remember if he ever lost in a ring.

Really Fabio took him out... So he should have 1 win 1 draw (at best) in cage fights.

Fabio didn't win. He won 1 round, perhaps a 10-8, but he lost the next 2.

?? a myth?? ring rules?? I just saw the fight buddy...if you are fair and put aside your bias, you would see and accept that under whatever rules Fedor didn't win that fight, at best it should have been a draw.

nah, Fedor won that fight. Watch it again and put your bias aside. It was a competitive fight, but, Fedor won.

Fedor: Never lost in untested Roiding competition.

But lost almost every strictly-tested MMA fight.

Interesting eh.

Fedor is King of PEDs users.
Yeah that strict USA Bellator testing really fucked Fedors chances of winning

20150623014730_1DX_6365.JPG

You may be letting hate blind you but only the UFC tests strictly and he never fought there.

Fedor has never showed any clear signs of steroid use. I remember when fighter bashing and steroid accusations used to be a bannable offense here

If you followed Fedor from the early days, you would see he is a devout Cristian who has always been with the same woman. He has always been fully respectful of his opponents and was an exemplary champion. We will never know definitively, but in my opinion, he was hardly the type of person who would cheat to win. Fedor = GOAT....../thread
Same could be said for almost every guy caught.

If you followed Fedor from the early days, you would see he is a devout Cristian who has always been with the same woman. He has always been fully respectful of his opponents and was an exemplary champion. We will never know definitively, but in my opinion, he was hardly the type of person who would cheat to win. Fedor = GOAT....../thread

Even if he did, it wasnt cheating if the rules allowed it and everyone was aware of it.

He didn't fight in a cage until 10 years into his career.

When a guy has fought pro for 18 years, nobody should be surprised he was better his first 10 years than he was for his last 8.

<seedat>

The guys who took roids from Fedor's prime days went through health declines or continued on for a while due to the roids (just look at Mark Coleman). Some of them are dead. Fedor doesn't fit either of these descriptions. He aged like a normal athlete. He has always been a pudgy undersized heavyweight. Experts say that the characteristics that made him great were evident in his post prime fights. The difference was that he stopped training hard and got sloppy (head hunting). He was undefeated for ten years and was ahead of his time. The body and mind can only take but so much. He had (and still has) nothing left to prove. Even UFC shill Rogan admits Fedor's resume is impressive. He may have beat inferior opponents, but he also beat prime killers and roided guys. No one would believe it if he didn't exist. It's on fight pass.

by the time he fought in a cage it was in the twilight of his career

That is because he was fighting UFC caliber opponents in the cage and pride caliber opponents in the ring, very few crossed over and done that good with the exception of Hendo, Rampage, big Nog etc. Fedor is maybe all time a top 15 guy when compared to UFC guys. I mean Matt Mitrione just stomped the shit out of him, need I say more? Matt lost to fucking Travis Browne when Travis had started his downhill slide.
He beat 5 different UFC champions.

He beat all the best Heavyweights in the world. The ones he didn't fight were beaten by Nog and Cro Cop, his two rivals that he conquered.

PRIDE had most of the best HWs.

After PRIDE folded, Fedor beat the two best HWs from the UFC, Arlovski and Sylvia, in Affliction.

Fedor was 41 years old when he lost to Mitrione.

And Travis Browne's win over Mitrione was bullshit. Travis poked him in the eye twice and Matt's eye was all fucked up. Fuck that bullshit fight.

Fedor was undefeated for 10 years. GOAT

I suspect his age catching up and the evolution of mma being equally hindering factors.
People talk about the sport "catching up" with him but the Heavyweight division has never been the most technical. Miocic vs Ngannou for the World Championship showed this, quite glaringly.

Nobody in the history of MMA looks great after 15 years of fighting elite competition.
Ring, cage, doesn't matter. Eventually everyone loses because father time is undefeated.

Is this an accurate statistic. I'm trying to remember if he ever lost in a ring.

Really Fabio took him out... So he should have 1 win 1 draw (at best) in cage fights.
Ring=more realistic. Cage fighting is some weird cock-fighting exhibition

Back