Fedor never beat a great, well rounded fighter

francis-ngannou-adulthood-1.jpg

That´s Ngannou when Fedor was in Pride bro

Hhahaha just reinforcing your join date are you?
New era? Lol
Reem and doom? Hahhaha

those guys were getting beaten up by rua, Nog and Sergei types in Fedors prime and not even in title picture.

They only became the new era when everyone along with them became old and mma turned in masters version of handicapped olympics.

This new era you talk about how young is it? What’s the average age?

I look at ufc and dinosaurs from Fedors era like AA, Reem, Big Ben, olexi, etc are all still or were until recently still winning and relevant. This new era is the black beats era lol a guy mark hunt knocked out 40 years removed from his own K1 winning prime days hahhaha

modern hws you talk about are the shittiest ever. They are only comparable to current LHW in terms of drop of talent vs previous generations. In modern ufc well rounded era at LHW Glover tex who was actually Chuck Liddells primary training partner has cleared out the division and about to fight a nearly 40 year old KSW cast off for the title.

2021 modern well rounded era in all its glory!!

There is definitely a huge increase in the population of well rounded fighters who are effective and dangerous everywhere, and train their bodies to world class performance standards, but the majority of them seem to be in the lighter end of the weight classes.

In his defense even the best HW's in the UFC now are not well rounded for example Francis and Lewis.
lewis is definitely more well rounded than ngannou, I mean if you can take a hit and run francis past round 1, your chances of beating him increase 1000x

I tire of constantly making this point in other threads, as it is deserving of its own thread.

I was just discussing this topic with my good friends JKS and "GOAT." I will post my latest response here, as it sums up Fedor's opposition.

Heath Herring was never a great fighter. He is most famous for taking some of the worst beatings in HW MMA history every time he stepped up in comp.

Nogueira again, was a one dimensional grappler. A great fighter but He was not well rounded, some of you are simply confusing him with his brother. Big Nog had no defense, got hit hard in every fight and used that to drag it to the ground, had hardly any offensive or defensive standup skills and was carried there by his granite chin. He was a flailing arm-puncher with no defense and once his chin went, so did his level in MMA.

Arlovski was the closest thing you could call a great well rounded opponent Fedor beat but he had clearly abandoned his sambo grappling long before he fought Fedor. He had a submission win 4 years before he fought Fedor and the 2 other subs he has in his career were at the very beginning. He was a full striker with a weak chin by that point, Nelson put him on his back and was about to Kimura him before the ref stood them up. Arlovski was not a well rounded fighter.

Some even mentioned Cro Cop who had no grappling other than TDD and holding on for dear life in guard.

Great well rounded fighters are guys who can fight well striking or grappling, no specific aspects needed. Just just two attributes, and they actually use it. I heard Kharitonov's name mentioned, he was one. So was Aleksander, Randy Couture and Frank Mir, Barnett(borderline) Shane Carwin, Velasquez, Ubereem, DC, Bigfoot, 2010's Werdum etc. These guys were in his era.

Could have fought them all but he didn't. The few he faced beat him. The main point is that Fedor as a well rounded fighter took advantage of opponents who were one-dimensional. Go ahead and look at his record. It's old school MMA fighters, either they were grapplers or strikers. The only ones who mixed it up, defeated him.

Cheers, good talk already. I can already sense that this is going to be handled with class and maturity. Have a good one.
how'd cro-cop beat Randleman?

There is definitely a huge increase in the population of well rounded fighters who are effective and dangerous everywhere, and train their bodies to world class performance standards, but the majority of them seem to be in the lighter end of the weight classes.
No doubt lighter weights are significantly better than before

Nog had elite BJJ, good boxing, good takedown, elite cardio, iron chin.

Cro Cop had elite striking, great footwork,, KO power, elite takedown defense and good defense on the ground.

Arlovski had great striking, KO power, great takedown defense, good grappling and submissions on the ground.

Tim Sylvia had good striking, KO power, good takedown defense, decent guard.

Heath Herring had good striking, great knees and kicks, devastating GNP, good takedown and takedown defense and good grappling.

There are more than this as well.

Most Heavyweights are not super well rounded anyway. They usually have one strong area and other areas to improve on. Look at today's Heavyweights. There are not very many well rounded HW's in the UFC right now besides maybe Stipe and he is just a good wrestler and boxer. He really doesn't have much kicks or submission game.

Back