Fedor/Mirko II

faustian

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Could that be what this is all about? Not gonna lie, I'd pay whatever to see a rematch of what is generally regarded as the most hyped/anticipated fight in MMA history

It wasn't a hard fight to sell, especially with Cro Cop calling out Fedor and concussing Fedor's brother while Fedor watched backstage:

Then when the actual fight happened it didn't exactly disappoint (would've preferred better cardio from Mirko but nothing's perfect). I've never been more tense in my life watching an MMA fight:

If this is Zuffa's master plan then I'll take my hat off to them. The timing of Mirko coming back and somewhat legitimizing/redeeming himself vs Gonzaga coinciding now with Fedor's name being thrown around makes me think it may just be more than a coincidence.

I'd be stoked to see this happen, but what about the rest of MMA fans (including noobs)?

I would pay to see this fight.

Ya know what... I wouldn't be all to upset with that. It's just a cool match up with history & that legendary aura around it. It's also a pretty good fight to see where Fedor is after his layoff.

I'd assume he'd still be favored though.

other than....elbows apparently,what does mirko have anymore? hes pretty much reduced to hitting and holding at this point.

It's been settled and CroCop has declined much more than Fedor has. The rivalry is long finished. Fedor won but CroCop had his time in the sun too.

Hard to know where he is now but 2012 Fedor whilst he'd dropped off from his peak hadn't dropped of nearly as much as Mirko in recent years.

Honestly with Crocop its only really the looks that even tells you its the same fighter in their, not only has he dropped off physically but that dropoff means he fights in a totally different fashion to his peak years.

Cro Cop should fight Mark Hunt imo.

If CroCop is allowed to fight outside the UFC then please lord let them bang bro.

Fedor would finish Cro Cop in a rematch unless Fedor returns with a glass chin or horrible cardio.

it's a waste of time at this point. The first fight wasn't even very good and if you are gonna put Fedor in the UFC, let's not put him in a oldster rematch.

The only guys that people want in Pride rematches are guys they dont want to see lose to prospects or current top guys so they want fights that are competitive and seem relevant.

I would still put Fedor near the top of HW givin where the division has (or hasnt) gone.

I'd rather see something else right now, but n the future that would sale a lot.

It's been settled and CroCop has declined much more than Fedor has. The rivalry is long finished. Fedor won but CroCop had his time in the sun too.

Mr. CroCop 2.0 with GNP hellbows of death? MUCH more than Fedor? I don't think so man. MMV And if there is a disparity in wear and tear it's probably small.

Mr. CroCop 2.0 with GNP hellbows of death? MUCH more than Fedor? I don't think so man. MMV And if there is a disparity in wear and tear it's probably small.

The disparity in wear and tear is not small, Mirko suffered A LOT of knockouts; Fedor suffered only one and it wasn't nearly as bad as some of Mirko's. Also I believe Mirko had a knee or ankle injury after the Gonzaga fight.

Yeah, lets finally have Fedor in the UFC after all these years, just that we can give him some Pride rematch..

The disparity in wear and tear is not small, Mirko suffered A LOT of knockouts; Fedor suffered only one and it wasn't nearly as bad as some of Mirko's. Also I believe Mirko had a knee or ankle injury after the Gonzaga fight.

True dat. I guess what I meant with the disparity being small was the wear and tears effect on their actual ability to be competitive with each other. Fedor has lost some pep in his step too no?

from what i've seen, mirko want none of first wife fedor.

I voted 'Worth watching I guess' but the 'Meh' option was very tempting. Fedor would KO Crocop this time I think.

:(
this would not end well for fedor. I have no idea why fedor abandoned the thing that made him great: the ground game. He raised mark coleman's ground and pound to an art form. When I saw him in Strickforce, I saw his ground game wither. He just turned into an above average striker and was horrible on the ground vs silva. It's like he just lost all his knowledge of sambo.

If he fought in strikeforce like he did in Pride, then he would still have been nearly undefeated. It's sad. Fedor would just try to outstrike a slow Mirko but Crocop would still pound him.
I don't want to see this fight

I've wanted that rematch for a long ass time. I think that would be the one fight Mirko gets up for.

Would still be a good fight, but I think Fedor would get the KO eventually. Though Mirko does look revitalized, I think Fedor is still above him at this point. Would love to see it.

Yob tvoyiu mat. Blyat yobani v rot cyka. Pidar blyat.

Last edited:

Yeah I agree, CC has lost badly in worse ways than Fedor, though the GnP by Bigfoot and the KO by Hendo were bad losses. However the Hendo KO was quick and not particularly brutal, unlike the headkick loss to GG for CC and also being KO'd by Mir, Nelson, and Schaub, as well as the punishment he took from JDS and Barry.

You're looking for a fight that you won't get from either of them.

I think Fedor's losses werent that bad. Its just the fact that he lost at all shook the very foundation of everything i was brought up to believe.

I dont like this fight. They should both fight a ranked star to advance. Not eachother.

I MUCH PREFER Fedor vs Mir/Arlovsky winner and CroCOP vs Rothwell

Would rather see Mirko vs Anderson in a retirement fight for both.

I have to see Fedor vs Werdum 2 - that's the only Fedor fight I care about at this point in time.

I dont wanna see Anderson against hws at this point in his career,he mighta pulled it off pre weidman but not now.

Doesn't mean a lot, but I'd still watch it. It would be interesting to see who has slipped more.

Back