Fedor/Mirko II

would be good. makes sense also! Ill watch Fedor get that 1st W and get a TS after!

One part of me wants to see such a legendary fight take place, but the other part would die by any of them losing.

I hate to see Mirko lose, and would hate to see Fedor's comeback being stopped by an old legend.

Maybe for a retirement fight, but after Fedor's title run atempt.

Could that be what this is all about? Not gonna lie, I'd pay whatever to see a rematch of what is generally regarded as the most hyped/anticipated fight in MMA history

It wasn't a hard fight to sell, especially with Cro Cop calling out Fedor and concussing Fedor's brother while Fedor watched backstage:

Then when the actual fight happened it didn't exactly disappoint (would've preferred better cardio from Mirko but nothing's perfect). I've never been more tense in my life watching an MMA fight:

If this is Zuffa's master plan then I'll take my hat off to them. The timing of Mirko coming back and somewhat legitimizing/redeeming himself vs Gonzaga coinciding now with Fedor's name being thrown around makes me think it may just be more than a coincidence.

I'd be stoked to see this happen, but what about the rest of MMA fans (including noobs)?

Awesome post. Interesting too considering Mirko is perfect in rematches. But going into that fight they were both fighting injured. Being able to do that and still go to a brutal decision was a MMA Masterpiece. I'd love if they did it again.

I'd be very interested, but I wouldn't wanna see either guy lose at this point.

If Mirko comes out as Pride Mirko, I would love the fight, this is ofcourse assuming Fedor still possesses his godly skills

If Fedor is close to his 2012 level I would expect a quick KO win but I'm not interesting in seeing it.

Its a stupid fight for make for like a million reasons.

1) there are bigger fights for Fedor that will generate much more interest.

a super fight against Anderson Silva would be huge.

A fight with Mir or Werdum or Cain or AA for either a belt or top contender match.

Hell even a rematch against Hendo or Bigfoot would make more sense.

If we're talking theoretical match up Mirko wasnt an easy fight for Fedor then and he wont be an easy fight for a 39 year old Fedor now.

Still Fedya by KO.

I'd watch it

Wouldn't blow my wad until they step into the cage, dough

It sounds like a perfect tune-up fight for Fedor. And I like that they have the same age (roughly) and same experience level.

Plus every other top fighter is already booked.

Fedor vs Anderson or Fedor vs winner of AA - Mir.

i say meh to this fight. Even 3 yrs out of the game Fedor crushes punch and clinch post gonzaga I Mirko. I will still watch tho.

Awesome post. Interesting too considering Mirko is perfect in rematches. But going into that fight they were both fighting injured. Being able to do that and still go to a brutal decision was a MMA Masterpiece. I'd love if they did it again.

What an epic battle. That's a fight of fights. Prime Fedor and Crocrop going at it. I wonder how many of these new MMA Kid-fans have seen this fight. I remember watching this fight back in the day... I was nervous as fuck, I was throwing punches in the air and my ex-girlfriend just got out of the room saying "fuck this shit":icon_lol:

Its a stupid fight for make for like a million reasons.

1) there are bigger fights for Fedor that will generate much more interest.

a super fight against Anderson Silva would be huge.

A fight with Mir or Werdum or Cain or AA for either a belt or top contender match.

Hell even a rematch against Hendo or Bigfoot would make more sense.

If we're talking theoretical match up Mirko wasnt an easy fight for Fedor then and he wont be an easy fight for a 39 year old Fedor now.

Still Fedya by KO.

This fight wouldn't have to be Fedor's only fight in the UFC. It could just be his first fight, a tune up that would make bank and go a long way to informing current fans on Fedor's background during all the pre-fight buildup. This would pay huge dividends going forward as Fedor makes a run for a title shot.

I don't see how a superfight with Anderson would work. Does Anderson agree to fight at HW? I doubt it. Does Fedor agree to fight at a lower catchweight ~215lbs? I doubt it. And if the fight were to somehow happen, it would tell us nothing in regards to where Fedor stands in the current HW division.

If Fedor were to knock off Mirko, the hype for a contender fight between Fedor and AA/Mir/Reem/Stipe/etc would only be that much greater.

The "downside" to all of this would be if Fedor lost to Mirko. But what happens then? Fedor isn't back but suddenly Mirko is. Mirko would be on a 4 fight winning streak (2 vs former losses) and, tbh, if he's good enough to beat Fedor then he would be a legit contender added to the HW mix. There's all kinds of fights that could be made, hell just imagine how compelling a Mirko vs Werdum fight would be (Werdum basically broke into mainstream MMA via Mirko as Mirko's bjj coach back in the early 2000s).

anderson is only gonna move up in weight for fights he knows he can win. Hes a little too old to be fuckin around at hw anyway

I would be very excited to see Fedor fight anybody.

Back