FEDOR: Khabib has earned the right, should be given chance to fight for LW title

Sakuraba7

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/12/...ven-a-chance-to-fight-conor-mcgregor-mma-news

Khabib Nurmagomedov’s popularity knows no bounds in the Russian Federation.

Legendary heavyweight and fellow Russian, Fedor Emelianenko, expressed his thoughts on the undefeated lightweight’s quest for a UFC title shot. According to the former Pride FC heavyweight champ, Nurmagomedov has earned his opportunity to challenge McGregor.

“It depends on the leadership of the UFC and fighters themselves,” Emelianenko told Lenta.ru. “I think this fight is possible. Habib has long earned the right to fight for a title, he made up for it all. He should be given a chance.”

While Khabib told Russian media last week that there was a “90-percent chance” that he would face Tony Ferguson for the interim lightweight title at UFC 209, it appears as though Ferguson is currently in a contract dispute with the promotion. Nurmagomedov has also seemingly turned down a fight with UFC featherweight champ Jose Aldo. His father, Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov, later explained that they were interested in lightweight contests against McGregor and Ferguson, or a welterweight fight against Donald Cerrone.

Despite the ongoing dilemma to determine McGregor’s next title challenger in 2017, Emelianenko believes a clash with Khabib will be inevitable, as well as entertaining.

“The Irishman is very good at striking,” he explained to izvestia.ru. “It's a well known fact. But Khabib is professionals on the ground. If this fight will take place, I am sure, it will be a very entertaining fight!”

So has Tony Ferguson, but I see Fedor isn't backing him because he isn't Russian.

Didn't Khabib talk shit on Fedor for Fedor calling out the president of Chechyna for having children fight full contact MMA? Which later lead to Fedors daughter getting hospitalized?

Seems odd he'd back Khabib.

So has Tony Ferguson, but I see Fedor isn't backing him because he isn't Russian.

Well, that's what Khabib is eyeing for. A Tony–Khabib bout to settle things once and for all.

Aldo out here acting delusional, trying to be the turd in the punchbowl.

A Russian backing another Rusian...I'm surprised...I do agree, but the same can be said for El Cucuy

The #4 on the GOAT list is right you know!

file.jpg

#BiasedAsFuck

Didn't Khabib talk shit on Fedor for Fedor calling out the president of Chechyna for having children fight full contact MMA? Which later lead to Fedors daughter getting hospitalized?

Seems odd he'd back Khabib.

Khabib isn't Chechen, and neither talked shit about the other.
Fedor simply said he opposes Kadyrov's 'child fights' and Khabib said he didn't agree with Fedor.

Fedor's daughter getting attacked was most likely by a deranged supporter, none of these guys have beef with each other. Fedor isn't dumb enough to beef with a regional president, and the regional head isn't dumb enough to put a hit on a federal official and national icon. The media in the west likes to connect all sorts of dots, though. Not every spontaneous series of events is a calculated part of some game of thrones between these folks, all leading back to some evil "child fighting" ring. Just my 2 cents, fam.

"Khabib Nurmagomedov’s popularity knows no bounds in the Russian Federation."
Means nothing.

Well, that's what Khabib is eyeing for. A Tony–Khabib bout to settle things once and for all.

Aldo out here acting delusional, trying to be the turd in the punchbowl.

Wew lad... Le Khabib didn't even have to step in the ring to #REKT Aldo

Someone just FEED Connie and Fergie and the same time to Khabib.

lol at "the irishman". Fedor just changed his bum life by semi acknowledging him.

Back