Fedor Is Still Better Than Jones

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it, but i think Anderson is still the GOAT.

Fedor is the GOAT. Jones might pass him as far as merits go sure but his legacy, no. Fedor had an aura of mystique around him and from what I could tell he's a really nice, humble guy that only talked business inside the ring.

Fedor is the GOAT. Jones might pass him as far as merits go sure but his legacy, no. Fedor had an aura of mystique around him and from what I could tell he's a really nice, humble guy that only talked business inside the ring.

"AURA of mystique"

Hes a short, flabby, balding sambo practitioner from russia who has a stern grip of his emotions.

never understood the mystery thing

Fedor was the best then, and Jones is the best now.. Why does this have to go any further than that?

Fedor via armbar.

As a human being, yes. As a MMA fighter, no.

Fedor had the best win streak in MMA history. But imo he's not the GOAT not even counting Jones. But honestly who cares he was still great.

Question to all the Fedor fans then that claim Fedor is still the GOAT. What do you believe Jones has left to do in order for you to reconsider? I personally believe Jones is super close to being considered the GOAT, but could certainly see him convincing me with a couple more wins.

Fedor didn't beat Nog 3x, he fought Nog 3x and beat him 2x. One of the fights was a NC due to an accidental cut from a headbutt.

Question to all the Fedor fans then that claim Fedor is still the GOAT. What do you believe Jones has left to do in order for you to reconsider? I personally believe Jones is super close to being considering the GOAT, but could certainly see him convincing me with a couple more wins.

Considering Jones has a new issue to deal with (Alleged PED use) GOAT talk is off the table for me.

Considering Jones has a new issue to deal with (Alleged PED use) GOAT talk is off the table for me.

I can understand that, but hypothetically, lets say taking his last win and ignoring all the drug shit that has happened, what then?

Fedor fought cans, and anyone who was worth a damn he did not finish. And when he fought someone good he failed to deliver. I am in the minority her, but let's look at Couture's record and compare competition. Fedor had the opertunity to fight the best HW and his "management" prevented that. I am no Jones fan but common guys he has fought and finished top tier guys since he became champion.

He did fight the best avaliable in his prime, you terrible troll. You think Couture would have posed any problems for Prime Fedor? Huehuehueheuheuheueh. The best heavy weights was in Pride. He fought and starched them all.

they were both on roids look how much bigger Fedor was in Pride compared to strikeforce....Anderson the natural GOAT

Unsubstantiated accusation of steroid use.

Dubs or ban.

Fedor was the size of a UFC Middleweight & went undefeated at HW for a decade(8 fights against 5 UFC HW Champs). If Jones can go for 1/3rd that length of time at HW, he can be considered, but as of Now:

...Jones competition is impressive as hell, but (I feel) it would be equivalent to Fedor putting beatings on UFC welterweights...He could do 3 in one night.

That is the how big the difference is. To me it's like comparing Semmy Schilt with Tyrone Spong. Schilt may have won more in the top K1 tournament, but he wasn't better than Tyrone Spong.

The Fedor that didn't train in the cage & started headhunting would probably lose. The one that was launching laser-guided nitrogen bombs through guys, always found a way to win....when everyone thought he was finally going to lose, he would dial it up & finish the opponent. Fedor by soccer kicks to the face.

"AURA of mystique"

Hes a short, flabby, balding sambo practitioner from russia who has a stern grip of his emotions.

never understood the mystery thing

Yeah and he was destroying roided up muscle monsters without showing the slightest bit of emotion... THAT was his mystique

Yeah and he was destroying roided up muscle monsters without showing the slightest bit of emotion... THAT was his mystique

Because he was a better fighter than them.

not a mystery.

also COLEMAN: "PUSSY, FUCKING PUSSY" or something like that right?

LOL

Fedor was terrible in a a cage where having a good clinch game is vital.
In a ring the clinch is not so important
Same with Cro cop. Hopeless in a cage, didn't have a good clinch game. Totally passive

Even allowing for past prime, not good performances in the CAGE against legit comp:

- was moved around easily in the clinch by an ex-SAMS tire changer in Brett Rogers. LOL
Arguably got out grappled on the ground by Rogers too.

- controlled easily on the ground with a slow Bigfoot who others destroyed.
Yes Bigfoot is a black belt BJJ - so are many other good wrestlers at a similar level.
Where was his 'great' armbar off his back then?
He looked clueless, like a novice off his back

- Got KTF/TKOO by Hendo in a cage

- armbarred by Werdum in a cage

See the pattern when we deal in reality - not speculation - going by actual results in a CAGE & not fantasy?

If Rogers gave Fedor trouble in the clinch & on the ground, would hate to see what Jones would do in the clinch & strong top game wrestlers would do on the ground against Fedor (not named Mark Coleman. LOL)

Before anyone says Fedor being off his back...
Yeah Fedor had a good armbar off his back...against wrestlers named Mark Coleman

LOL

Lol maybe Jon Jones KOd youre create-a-fighter Fedor on EA UFC but get real kiddo.

There is not a single fighter regardless of weight class whom Fedor could not beat in his prime.

PRIME FEDOR:

- Legit one shot KO power? CHECK

- Second to none recovery time? CHECK

- Cat-like reflexes? CHECK

- Best Fight IQ in the fight game to date? CHECK

- Dangerous Grappling from every position? CHECK

Face it, Bones would get outclassed in every aspect of the fight. Its would just be a matter of picking his poison.

LOL at people saying he wasn't on Roids. It's the worst kept secret that pretty much every fighter in Pride was on the juice, they almost had to be. It was genuinely encouraged.

Not that I'd even hold it against his legacy, as they were so commonplace that's it's effectively a level playing field.

He was top 3 all time IMO. At least.

Question to all the Fedor fans then that claim Fedor is still the GOAT. What do you believe Jones has left to do in order for you to reconsider? I personally believe Jones is super close to being considered the GOAT, but could certainly see him convincing me with a couple more wins.

Move up and continue his dominance at HW. He's much bigger than Fedor so there's no excuses not to, except fear.

Jones next to Arlovski:
http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/method=get&s=andrei-arlovski-jon-jones.jpg

Fedor next to Arlovski:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3116/3221002927_2619132404.jpg

Fearless Fedor > Fearful Jones

Back