Fedor has beat 5 of the 10 best HWs of all-time (in my unassailable opinion)

To who ? Tim Sylvia & Randy ? Sylvia was lightening him up if I recall and Randy was no spring chicken himself. Let's not pretend Nog wasn't starting to slow down. It was a good win but he was clearly past his best years. His career after that is pretty evident.

I'd say CC beating Barnett is just as good as victory as Cain beating JDS. Bigfoot was ranked but he got a title shot from beating Browne and Overeem, where he was basically getting his ass kicked throughout the fight until Reem blew his load. Brock was a good win, but as a champ he is got fast tracked to a title shot and doesn't have a very extensive record. Kongo & Rothwell are basically gatekeepers or fringe contenders on their best day but never got past that.

Werdum, Stipe & JDS have better records than Cain, but I feel Cain on his best day is the superior talent.

He didn't lose to Sylvia or Randy? Idk where you are going with that? Cain was the 3rd man to beat him spanning the last decade at the time joint Fedor and Mir in what was a short list of guys who beat Nog.

JDS is much more skilled than Barnett it isnt even close and was ranked higher when Cain beat him than Barnett was when Cro Cop beat Josh.

Reem didn't blow his load. He did nothing the entire fight and walked out to Bigfoot who knew he would gas and pushed it to 3rd gear and started the round off brutally. He didn't get his ass kicked then Reem gas, Reem held him in the clinch not doing much majority of the fight and BF did even less waiting for Reem to tire. BF was also ranked higher than Barnett was when Cro Cop beat him.

I agree I think JDS, Werdum, and Stipe all have better resumes than Cain especially JDS but he still has a better resume than Cro Cop in every manner and every facet.

Wait until Chael Sonnen kicks him out of the heavyweight tournament. Chael will take his place at the top of the mountain as the GOAT

WAR KING CHAEL!
After looking at the bracket again, the fact that Chael could potentially win is mind boggling.

Sherdog's 2017 all-time HW GOAT list goes as follows:

1. Fedor
2. Werdum
3. Nogueira
4. Cain
5. Cro Cop
6. Randy
7. Barnett
8. JDS
9. Stipe
10. Coleman

Here's the list of who beat the most fighters of that list from top to bottom:

Nogueira beat 5 of those guys (Werdum, Cro Cop, Randy, Barnett, & Coleman)
JDS beat 4 of those guys (Werdum, Cain, Cro Cop, & Stipe)
Fedor beat 3 of those guys (Nogueira, Cro Cop, & Coleman)
Werdum beat 3 of those guys (Fedor, Nogueira, & Cain)
Cain beat 2 of those guys (Nogueira & JDS)
Cro Cop beat 2 of those guys (Barnett & Coleman)
Barnett beat 2 of those guys (Nogue & Randy)
Stipe beat 2 of those guys (Werdum & JDS)
Randy beat 1 of those guys (Coleman)
Colelman beat none of those guys

Last edited:
Lmao Mirko got torched in the UFC. Dude got his head kicked off within a year of the biggest accomplishment of his Pride career, but I’m sure he was out of his “prime” right?

Just lol at getting outstruck by Gonzaga, Mir Kongo and SCHAUB!!!

Those fights were in different rules and environment.

UFC american rules and large octagon with wire fence are bad for his style, Cro Cop is handicaped there and his opponents gain advantage through evading strikes in large space and with fence clinching.

They all exploited rules change. Gonzaga used elbows that were illegal in Pride to stun him, Kongo used wall n stall clinching on the fence and cheated with knee nut shots and if you watch Schaub and Mir fight, they both just wanted to clinch Mirko on the fence for 10 minutes and force him to carry their body weight. They all used big round space of octagon to move, manage distance and avoid kicks.

All those fights would have different outcome in the ring and under Pride rules.

Last edited:
Frank Mir not on the list??? He beat 3 of those guys on there

Fedor has lost to 5 of the 10 best HWs of all-time (in my unassailable opinion)

The fact that Stipe is ranked #9 should tell you that this list needs to be updated. I'm glad that they got the rankings for #1 and #10 correct, though.

Stipe beats the whole list.

Prime or no prime, sea level or altitude, voodoo or black magic spells and whatever other kind of excuse you could and will have for your boy Fedor.

Stipe beats the whole list.

Prime or no prime, sea level or altitude, voodoo or black magic spells and whatever other kind of excuse you could and will have for your boy Fedor.
That isn't the criteria for GOAT.

That isn't the criteria for GOAT.

Criteria for GOAT is whatever the fuck you wanna chose at any given day as there is no way to compare people over different periods of MMA.

I chose "who would beat everybody on the list" as the most important one. Because being the best fighter ever is about fighting, shouldn't be too hard to understand.

Sherdog's 2017 all-time HW GOAT list goes as follows:

1. Fedor
2. Werdum
3. Nogueira
4. Cain
5. Cro Cop
6. Randy
7. Barnett
8. JDS
9. Stipe
10. Coleman

Here's the list of who beat the most fighters of that list from top to bottom:

Nogueira beat 5 of those guys (Werdum, Cro Cop, Randy, Barnett, & Coleman)
JDS beat 4 of those guys (Werdum, Cain, Cro Cop, & Stipe)
Fedor beat 3 of those guys (Nogueira, Cro Cop, & Coleman)
Werdum beat 3 of those guys (Fedor, Nogueira, & Cain)
Cain beat 2 of those guys (Nogueira & JDS)
Cro Cop beat 2 of those guys (Barnett & Coleman)
Barnett beat 2 of those guys (Nogue & Randy)
Stipe beat 2 of those guys (Werdum & JDS)
Randy beat 1 of those guys (Coleman)
Colelman beat none of those guys

and that's why coleman doesn't belong on the list..

The fact that Stipe is ranked #9 should tell you that this list needs to be updated. I'm glad that they got the rankings for #1 and #10 correct, though.
Stipe is still hovering the #5-7 range. He's well below Fedor, Nogueira, and Werdum without question. I like him below JDS as well.

I agree Arlovski or Mir is probably a better choice.

Last edited:
Fedor has lost to 5 of the 10 best HWs of all-time (in my unassailable opinion)
Fedor has a grand total of 5 losses in his entire career.
I can assure you that TK, Bigfoot, Hendo, and Mitrione are not on anybody's 10 best HWs of all-time list.

Criteria for GOAT is whatever the fuck you wanna chose at any given day as there is no way to compare people over different periods of MMA.

I chose "who would beat everybody on the list" as the most important one. Because being the best fighter ever is about fighting, shouldn't be too hard to understand.
No. I have come up with the criteria for GOAT and I went a step further and provided the top 10 people using that (correct!) criteria for the HW division. I saved you a lot of time and effort by doing so, which is something you don't seem to appreciate.

IMHO Coleman does belog to the list.

He won 2 UFC tournaments and was also UFC HW division champion and Pride Grand Prix Champion.
He was number 1 on multiple occasions and times and in different environments, both cage and ring.

He has around the same number of quality wins as Cain: 2x Don Frye, Vovchanchyn, Severn, Shogun, Goodridge, Alan Goes, Shoji, Mutant Morais, all good wins at the times when they happened.

For example Akira Shoji was 6-2 at the time and had wins vs good fighters like Guy Mezger, Walid Ismail, Fontes Braga and that makes him a solid win in the year of 2000 when fight happend, etc. for Coleman's other wins.

Coleman's legacy and contribution to the development of MMA and MMA history is undeniable and very significant and he should be in Top 10.

Last edited:
Back