Fedor has beat 5 of the 10 best HWs of all-time (in my unassailable opinion)

Lol thats being revisionnist. GSP has the hardest strenght of schedule ever. Can't downplay his achievements because he broke so many guys mentally and they were never the same after realizing they were so far from his level.

Funny how before jones took over lhw division it was considered top division in ufc. All the top guys were in their late 20s/early 30s n no one could defend the belt more than once.

After jones division became “weak” n they were all “past their prime”

Funny how before jones took over lhw division it was considered top division in ufc. All the top guys were in their late 20s/early 30s n no one could defend the belt more than once.

After jones division became “weak” n they were all “past their prime”

The division was trash before jones came over, casuals are just impressed by big names and former champions. I sure am not.

You know a division is weak when the best prospect is 33 years old (Glover when he entered the UFC, 2 years before fighting Jones).

Actually Jones was the best prospect and he feasted on the old, smaller guys.

Lol I think we both know you aren't going to pull up those rankings. They are easily available with a google search.

Cro Cop was never championship caliber and could barely hang with top 10 fighters.

The rankings he would pull up would be Stephen Quadros rankings, which were the Joe Rogan rankings of Pride.

AKA useless.

The division was trash before jones came over, casuals are just impressed by big names and former champions. I sure am not.

You know a division is weak when the best prospect is 33 years old (Glover when he entered the UFC, 2 years before fighting Jones).

ooh come on. the division was top loaded. Hendo, Rampage, Machida, Shogun, Evans...they were rock stars. each of them had the potential to beat Prime Chuck, (half of them did beat old Chuck). they were the pinnacle of the division up to that time.

it's just that Jones was far and away better.

but that doesn't mean they suck. they were at least as good as Chuck, who was better than Randy & Tito.

if you say they sucked, you basically have to say the 205 division has always sucked until Jones.

This guy sounds like hes 12 yrs old

ooh come on. the division was top loaded. Hendo, Rampage, Machida, Shogun, Evans...they were rock stars. each of them had the potential to beat Prime Chuck, (half of them did beat old Chuck). they were the pinnacle of the division up to that time.

it's just that Jones was far and away better.

but that doesn't mean they suck. they were at least as good as Chuck, who was better than Randy & Tito.

if you say they sucked, you basically have to say the 205 division has always sucked until Jones.

You don't seem to understand that timing is meaningful. Those are big names but they weren't in their prime when Jones fought them.

The guys you named... 2 MW and a washed up Rampage. Evans was kind of in his prime but close to the end and severely undersized for Jones.

You don't seem to understand that timing is meaningful. Those are big names but they weren't in their prime when Jones fought them.

The guys you named... 2 MW and a washed up Rampage. Evans was was in his prime but close to the end and severely undersized for Jones.
snark is easier than actually rebutting arguments, eh ;)

it was a weird time, the era between Chuck & Jones. and pretty unique; eras are often defined by one dominant fighter, and this one was not. i'm fascinated someone can just chalk it up to "whutevr, they all sucked". but whutevr. enjoy the fights this weekend.

The guys you named... 2 MW and a washed up Rampage. Evans was kind of in his prime but close to the end and severely undersized for Jones.

They were not old when Jones fought them, they were close to their prime. Maybe not fully in it but close. So those wins are amazingly impressive. He did not beat up a fat, old, slow ass rampage like somebody just did..

Nobody was feasting on any of these fighters until Jones showed up. Nobody. The belt was bouncing around because the division was so incredibly competitive. If somebody’s feasting on them that means others should have been feasting. Nobody was except for Jones.

Forgot about Igor and Aleks.

Half of Cains wins that you listed were #1 HW in the world or second to Cain when he beat them. Zombie Nog? How many people beat him in the last 10 years before Cain finished him? 2? Those 2 being in top 3 HWs in MMA at the time. He was #5 in MMA right after Cain beat him.

Those 4 wins are better than Cro cops 6 that you listed.

To who ? Tim Sylvia & Randy ? Sylvia was lightening him up if I recall and Randy was no spring chicken himself. Let's not pretend Nog wasn't starting to slow down. It was a good win but he was clearly past his best years. His career after that is pretty evident.

I'd say CC beating Barnett is just as good as victory as Cain beating JDS. Bigfoot was ranked but he got a title shot from beating Browne and Overeem, where he was basically getting his ass kicked throughout the fight until Reem blew his load. Brock was a good win, but as a champ he is got fast tracked to a title shot and doesn't have a very extensive record. Kongo & Rothwell are basically gatekeepers or fringe contenders on their best day but never got past that.

Werdum, Stipe & JDS have better records than Cain, but I feel Cain on his best day is the superior talent.

Mir needs to be top 10, especially over coleman at the very least

Back