Fedor had 9 pounds on Chael Sonnen.

Lol come on, you cant be serious??
Although i can see the argument for Bader, since i always just considered LHW being in shape HW's.

Claiming Chael is a natural HW because he weighed over 206 is like claiming Penn is a natural LHW because he weighed over 186 vs Lyoto. Yet no one is stupid enough to make that argument.

There is 20lb difference between MW and LHW and putting guys in both weight classes in the same category is ridiculous.

Chael weighed 227. You are thinking of Hendo.

I would not use a crazy example like Penn. To be fair, all I am saying is that Fedor is not a big hw, that's it.

That and literally starving all of their first cousins to prevent Germany from being able to loot supplies from villages on their march to Stalingrad.
But, yeah, it was the 10-15 pounds.

Alas, Stalingrad is now but a subway stop in Paris...

This video proves that Mussolini’s troops would have also struggled with facing Russians during the winter:

Chael weighed 227. You are thinking of Hendo.

I would not use a crazy example like Penn. To be fair, all I am saying is that Fedor is not a big hw, that's it.

Well if you want a good argument.

Fedor fought CC at 234lbs

He fought Big Foot Silva at 230lbs and lost badly

He fought Hendo at 223 and got KO'd

Going off his past results Fedor has performed worse when he weighed 230 or less.

Think he would've been at successful LHW is just wishful thinking, Penn was able to make 145 fairly easy but was horrible at that weight. In fact there are plenty of fighters who performed better closer to their natural weight, 2 of which are competing for the MW title next. Then there's AJ.

I cant think of any off the top of my head, fighters who were more successful dropping down a weight class.

Chael Sonnen and his fans acting like Chael Sonnen was a middleweight fighting heavyweight.

For example, Sonnen weighed in heavier against Fedor than Fedor did against Henderson. Just because someone fights at certain weight class, it doesn't mean that they are necessarily smaller by same proportions.

Look at Rumble. Is he a welterweight fighting lightheavyweights just because he used to fight at welterweights?
Lol holy shit this is pathetic.

Chael Sonnen and his fans acting like Chael Sonnen was a middleweight fighting heavyweight.

For example, Sonnen weighed in heavier against Fedor than Fedor did against Henderson. Just because someone fights at certain weight class, it doesn't mean that they are necessarily smaller by same proportions.

Look at Rumble. Is he a welterweight fighting lightheavyweights just because he used to fight at welterweights?

Rumble would probably be called a Welterweight if he had beaten Fedor, lol, kind of like how he was "Knocked out by a MW" despite that MW being the reigning LHW champion at the time.

Or as much as I dislike the guy Conor getting beaten by a FLW.

What ever fits the narrative at the time and makes a fighter widely regarded as great look like a scrub.

Jones beating "Blown up MW" being another good example when Vitor, Cheal*, Hendo and Machida all fought the majority of there fights at LHW.

*Not 100% on Chael but I know he started in the UFC at LHW and has a lot of LHW fights but possibly not a majority. I'm too lazy to look despite just realizing as I type this it actually probably would have been faster but fuck it, I'm committed at this point, lol.

I mean, yeah, there's no need for excuses. But come on - it's like saying Eddie Alvarez is a middleweight cause he walks around at 195lbs. Chael has small bones, he's a legit MW. Even LHW is too much for him. He looked like Tito's little brother with a hair piece in his Bellator debut.

Yeah, probably had nothing to do with the fact that he had been retired for years and that was his first fight back, on top of it being a bad match up.

The guy moving up in weight who impresses me is Bader. Dude is weighing in at 230 and still sporting a six pack. That cut to 205 must be brutal for him.
u can have body fat and still have a 6 pack. he has huge core muscles so it's a little deceptive.

If you think Chael at HW is equitable to Fedor at HW, you don't understand MMA.

Fedor has been fighting with that frame for 20 years. Chael has spent most of his career at MW. Chael has to put on fat to make up the kind of weight that Fedor carries

The guy moving up in weight who impresses me is Bader. Dude is weighing in at 230 and still sporting a six pack. That cut to 205 must be brutal for him.

Bader is a thick LHW, thicker than even OSP, who is a big LHW as well.

A big reason I favored him in the tournament was because he could probably fight at HW and have success because he's basically Cain Velasquez size with less fat

I mean, yeah, there's no need for excuses. But come on - it's like saying Eddie Alvarez is a middleweight cause he walks around at 195lbs. Chael has small bones, he's a legit MW. Even LHW is too much for him. He looked like Tito's little brother with a hair piece in his Bellator debut.
Small bones? Have you seen Chael’s wrists and forearms? I think his frame is actually bigger than Fedor’s.

If you think Chael at HW is equitable to Fedor at HW, you don't understand MMA.

Fedor has been fighting with that frame for 20 years. Chael has spent most of his career at MW. Chael has to put on fat to make up the kind of weight that Fedor carries
But Chael looked pretty lean at 227 whereas Fedor was chubby at 236. And Fedor at 227 would be chubbier than Chael.

But Chael looked pretty lean at 227 whereas Fedor was chubby at 236. And Fedor at 227 would be chubbier than Chael.
I don't see a lean Chael, I see a flabby chael
Bellator-208-main-2.png

Chaels pique performance before he retired was at MW

An effective balance of speed, strength and cardio for that mass.

It doesn't matter if he balooned up to 255.
When he fought his optimum weight was at MW

Any HW proud of beating him is kind of pathetic

Okay, Rumble must be welterweight then. Since he spent majority of his career there.

Makes sense. What's your Iq, is it two digits or one digit

Did you not follow Rumble's career? The guy fighting at WW was a joke.

He would miss weight by 5+ pounds and still look drained.

Then he shows up at the fight....looks two weight classes bigger than his WW opponent.

He consistently failed to make WW....

Hell, he even failed to make 185 against Belfort...by a lot..I think the most he got down to during his cut was 191 pounds. Belfort considered not taking the fight.

Rumble could have been really fun to watch at 185 when he was younger...but I think even that weight was a little too small for him.

Plus look at how Rumble performed at WW. He got some nice early first round knockout wins....in the Koscheck fight, Koscheck weathered that round 1 storm and eventually got a RNC.

Rumble at 170 was just stupid...insane.

Well if you want a good argument.

Fedor fought CC at 234lbs

He fought Big Foot Silva at 230lbs and lost badly

He fought Hendo at 223 and got KO'd

Going off his past results Fedor has performed worse when he weighed 230 or less.

Think he would've been at successful LHW is just wishful thinking, Penn was able to make 145 fairly easy but was horrible at that weight. In fact there are plenty of fighters who performed better closer to their natural weight, 2 of which are competing for the MW title next. Then there's AJ.

I cant think of any off the top of my head, fighters who were more successful dropping down a weight class.

Penn was horribly washed up and passed his time, when he fought at 145.
Fedor was washed up and a shell of himself when he fought Hendo.

Your argument is mediocre.

(And before you bother with Hendo being older than Fedor, keep in mind that Denis Siver is older than BJ. These guys fell off and losing to an even older opponent is irrelevant)

This has nothing to do with what I said, but whatever. Ya' boi Chael is a middleweight, that's all.

It had everything to do with what you posted. Sorry, you don't get to declare "that's all" and make it so like you are the king of sherdog. Chael is a Heavyweight, him and Bader are basically the same size. Fedor, the best HW ever is only 9lbs heavier than Chael and carries way more fat.

You used Chael getting beat by Tito as your reason he isn't legit at LHW, much less HW. Bader also got beat by Tito. Guess he isn't a HW or LHW either by your idiotic logic. And my point was part of the reason Chael looked bad against Tito is because he was coming off of a 3+ year layoff. He would have looked worse against anyway. Now, you may go back to your bad logic. Blocked #MakeSherdogGreatAgain

(And before you bother with Hendo being older than Fedor, keep in mind that Denis Siver is older than BJ. These guys fell off and losing to an even older opponent is irrelevant)

Being older didn't even matter in Hendo's case, as he was enhanced by PEDs. The best performances of his career was when he was on TRT. Before TRT he was decision Dan. Then TRT Hendo became a KO machine. After TRT he fell off immediately. He is exactly like Vitor, in that drugs made his career what it was. He was a much worse fighter off of them (though still good).

Does anyone remember the time when prime Fedor got KO’d by a 50 yo WW in the first round?
hendo-ko-on-fedor.gif

Can’t wait to see how the “HW Goat” does against a mediocre career LHW.

1) It's fucking Hendo
2) His jaw is as vulnerable as it can get there and anyone would get KO'd/TKO'd in that position
3) Fedor was winning the fight before that sequence

Back