Fedor Emelianenko's Striking Defense and Head Movement

RAFI BOMB

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
With Fedor coming back to fight again and with the strong possibility of him fighting in the UFC, I thought it would be worthwhile to create a thread to both showcase and appreciate his technical abilities. That way fans who are not as familiar with him can get an exposure of his overall skill level.

While at times in Fedor's career it has appeared that he is simply throwing haymakers and just brawling, his overall striking ability is fairly elite. Compared to the majority of mma fighters and in particular heavyweights Fedor has a very strong sense of range and the ability to evade punches. Most mma fighters have little to no head movement, so I thought it might be interesting to showcase some of Fedor's ability in that respect with the first post.

Just as a quick note, these are all older videos.

Here is Fedor Sparring with his brother Aleksander
[YT]Xwupzqan3iM[/YT]

[YT]K53Wg-OLbKA[/YT]

Here is Fedor parring pro boxer Denis Lebedev

[YT]e71gxj24Txo[/YT]

[YT]fKy2CTKvn4M[/YT]

GOAT.

I'd like to see him come to the UFC and avenge his losses, and then ride off into the sunset.

His striking isn't just great, his sambo and judo are amazing.

[YT]DkEvnQ1yAA8[/YT]

I do miss Fedor, even when he was losing in Strikeforce I still loved watching him fight

I do miss Fedor, even when he was losing in Strikeforce I still loved watching him fight

I think he beats Werdum and Hendo in rematches. Bigfoot just might be too big for him though.

Yup. I recently focused on his striking evasion and defence and it was absolutely elite.

10hlijr.jpg

Fedor-suplexing-Herring.gif

3347578_o.gif

fedorlowkick.gif

n2yyz2jyyl2mzywkz1oz.gif

images

Watch his third fight with Big Nog, he threw oblique kick ("savate" kick) years before it became mainstream. Also he was yanking his head back to avoid punches a la Anderson Silva, also before Silva really started to excel in those kind of moves.

Joe Warren is a joke...THIS is the REAL Baddest Man on The Planet

[YT]iL7oUmTu74I[/YT]

[YT]VmqTNrwkDwE[/YT]

[YT]l8EC-SUFPRg[/YT]

UFC has become a bit stale, imo. Fedor coming to ufc would bring back some of the buzz it seems to be lacking.

Great post TS;

[YT]watch?v=Wh-eqcYR5Ng[/YT]

for mma Fedors footwork and headmovement was very good (especially in training).

I hope that when he returns he fights calculated and reserved.

if Fedor comes back and wins a few and re-retires i will be a very happy man

Most UFC fans have no clue who Fedor is, and that's just kind of sad, really.

117869673_display_image.jpg
Middle kick defence.

06_fedor_crocop_6128.jpg
Head kick defence

fedsylvia.gif
Thai clinch defence

Yup. I recently focused on his striking evasion and defence and it was absolutely elite.

10hlijr.jpg

Fedor-suplexing-Herring.gif

3347578_o.gif

fedorlowkick.gif

n2yyz2jyyl2mzywkz1oz.gif

images

His striking and defense were a thing of beauty to watch and today I saw a few morons here claim that he was a wild brawler citing his last few fights that he lost.

Great post TS;

[YT]watch?v=Wh-eqcYR5Ng[/YT]

for mma Fedors footwork and headmovement was very good (especially in training).

I hope that when he returns he fights calculated and reserved.

Fedor's right straight is a thing of beauty.

His striking and defense were a thing of beauty to watch and today I saw a few morons here claim that he was a wild brawler citing his last few fights that he lost.

He almost KO'd Werdum and Hendo then got careless and got caught. Dana zombies look for any reason to discredit the GOAT. I think he wins those rematches if the UFC gives them to him.

Back