Fedor Emelianenko

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by saintsfan66, Aug 12, 2015.

1. saintsfan66

saintsfan66 White Belt

I've been closely following the story of Fedor returning ever since the news officially broke. As a fan I'm both excited and nervous about what his return could potentially mean. On one hand I hate to see him return because if he isn't fighting at a high level it will add merit to the arguements of his detractors. On the other hand I'm excited because MMA as a whole is better off with legendary fighters still actively fighting and displaying the evolution of the spot. Ofcourse when it comes to legendary fighters no name is bigger then Fedor Emelianenko.

His success has been a curse in the past because when you are as dominant as he was for as long as he was you naturally develop "haters" that want to deminish your accomplishments. As a big fan I was devastated by his losses but as the years have passed and you look at his losses and how he lost and were those guys went from there the losses really don't look so bad, if anything they add to the arguement of just how good he has been. Look at the names he has beaten, look at the success of those fighters before they lost to him, then look at who he lost to and look at the success of those fighters after they beat him and you find a trend that really gives you a track record of being the elite of the elite.

Alas, you study the news about his injuries and training camp questions that were going on when he entered the "down side" of his career and it really gives me a sence of comfort in knowing that if he is indeed healthy and does infact have the burning desire to be the best, this could be an exciting time for MMA fans. Who wouldn't pay to see Fedor fight Werdum, Big Foot, Arlovski, Mir, Velasquez, and even a battle of legends in Couture vs. Fedor. A dream match that today would probably be the least intriguing of the list.

I'd pay money to see any of those fights but what I'd enjoy seeing most is just Fedor fighting in the UFC against any number of solid opponents. The only way I see this as a negative is if he signs with Bellator were we would really only be able to see one or two fights that would matter and yet still regardless of the outcome it would be of little importance in the MMA community.

What are your thoughts? I'm eager to discuss this topic. I've listened to and read everything on the internet and still havnt gotten my fill. I can't wait for an official signing and a fight announcement.

2. aross

aross Purple Belt

I'd be a little disappointed if he signs with Bellator and fights Kimbo or Lashley.

Hopefully signs with UFC and starts with Bigfoot or Cro Cop.

3. saintsfan66

saintsfan66 White Belt

Oh god yeah. I'd be disgusted if they signed something stupid like Kimbo vs Fedor. I understand that he's 38 and hasn't fought in a couple years but there are still fights we want to see and Kimbo is definetly NOT one of them. My God I wasn't even considering that, now I'm terrified that it could happen. I'd rather him stay retired then see that happen.

4. BisexualMMA

BisexualMMA Don't Put My Name in the Name of Steroids!

Only Bellator fights I would be even slightly interested in are Tito and the Colossus, and still not very interested.

I don't ever want to see Fedor vs Kimbo or Lashley. Some people claim fighting Zulu and HMC tainted his legacy, but Kimbo at this point would just be ridiculous.

I really hope he goes to the UFC.

5. Ibm

Ibm Brown Belt

Lashly would not be as easy as yall think

6. Lil Smokie

Lil Smokie Green Belt

I've heard of this Fade Or guy. Hope he makes it to the UFC.

7. InfinityLens

InfinityLens Black Belt

If he went to UFC he would get the worst matchup so they could say he sucks. Go to Bellator and start wit Volkov, work his way to championship.

If he gets that far than yeah, UFC.

8. campbecc

campbecc Gold Belt

not likely. If fedor signed with the UFC then he'd be a UFC fighter, they know a title fight with Fedor would sell. That's all they care about.

9. Cro Cop Is Back

Cro Cop Is Back Red Belt

Kimbo gonna get dat bread

10. GAR

GAR Brown Belt

Lashley is one of the first guys to think Fedor is coming out of retirement, and he is not an easy fight for Fedor, I think Lashley would beat bigfoot and Mir in the UFC. BUt I hope he signs with the UFC

11. InfinityLens

InfinityLens Black Belt

They also care about the UFC brand which means they will get to say " Ha ya goofs!, Fedor sucks!, all the best guys are in the UFC!".

12. Fabian Acevedo

Fabian Acevedo White Belt

I agree bro He is the greatest of all time and if he signs with the UFC, the division better be on its toes he has everything within him to win it all again. As long as he wants it.

13. CoffeeAndBeer

CoffeeAndBeer OG from 1993

It's a no-lose situation, if Fedor returns.

His legacy is set. Nothing would detract from what's he's already accomplished.
    He can only improve his status.

14. Kick Strickland

Kick Strickland Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Cro Cop, yes. Bigfoot? Hell no. Why would anybody want to see that rematch? I say give him CC, Mir or Arlovski...basically the older generation of fighters (they're all still good though, especially AA and Mir). Also would like to see him vs Roy Nelson, that would be a barn burner.

15. Mixfight

Mixfight Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

It will be great to see the GOAT in action, regardless of where or against who.

16. Mohawk Mauler

Mohawk Mauler Imaginery Borders Matter

Fedor vs Mir/Arlovski winner :D