Fedor Emelianenko praises Khabib Nurmagomedov but says he needs to refine his striking technique

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Heavyweight legend Fedor Emelianenko praised UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov but says “The Eagle” needs to work on his striking technique.

Emelianenko is regarded as the greatest Russian MMA fighter of all-time but in many ways, Nurmagomedov has taken the torch from “The Last Emperor” as the greatest Russian fighter on the planet right now. The two have the utmost respect for each other and both men have led to Russia becoming a hotbed for mixed martial arts around the globe.

In a new interview, Emelianenko says he is a big fan of Nurmagomedov and praised the UFC lightweight champ, but he also said that Nurmagomedov has holes in his game, namely in his striking technique.

Take a look below at what Emelianeko said about Nurmagomedov (via LowKing.pl).

“Khabib has found his style, wins by using his strengths. That’s good because he is a UFC champion and uses his strengths. In these elements he stands above his rivals,” Emelianenko said.

“However, Khabib must, of course, patch the gaps in its technique. For example, in the technique of punches and kicks. But he also does everything right. He also has time to polish these techniques to become even better.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...ys-he-needs-to-refine-his-striking-technique/

The lord has spoken

Khabib get back to work

Khabib's boxing isn't special, but it's solid enough in most of the fundamentals i think.
His kicking could probably a bit better.
I mean, his wrestling is insane, so yeah, there's of course more room to improve in the striking.

But it is effective, he always outstrikes his opponents and is the only man to KO Conor.

tenor.gif

Khabib's boxing isn't special, but it's solid enough in most of the fundamentals i think.
His kicking could probably a bit better.
I mean, his wrestling is insane, so yeah, there's of course more room to improve in the striking.

Khabib could still outbox Wilder

book it

Khabibs striking offense is actually looking a lot better than just a couple of years ago. His kicks are kinda awkward but he's not going in there pretending to be Yair Rodriguez. What worries me is his striking defense though. He has the tendency to pull straight back which could leave him open. The few times he got caught clean he showed a pretty damn good chin actually but I dont know what happens if a solid striker ends a combination with a high kick. Then again its hard to kick when your flat on your back.

Khabibs striking offense is actually looking a lot better than just a couple of years ago. His kicks are kinda awkward but he's not going in there pretending to be Yair Rodriguez. What worries me is his striking defense though. He has the tendency to pull straight back which could leave him open. The few times he got caught clean he showed a pretty damn good chin actually but I dont know what happens if a solid striker ends a combination with a high kick. Then again its hard to kick when your flat on your back.

FKL needs one more fight for a title shot then he's high kicking Khabib into the stands

This is a better thread for this topic, good job TS

Good analysis.

I think Khabib ain't scared of kicks because he's really good at catching them. The minute the dude get a hold of your leg, your ass is going to the ground.

Last edited:

He somehow is just great at moving just out of reach. And slipping to the side. I think his coaches are getting him away from it more, but his movement, and oddness is hard to time and hard to hit.He rarely gets hit square. He gets lots of glancing blows. He uses his shoulders a lot too. I noticed vs Dustin and Conor he moved a lot more than normal to the side instead of straight back. It improves every day.

Since his joining aka, he has gotten better in leaps and bounds. Training in the gmhigh altitude mountains before he hits aka gives him awesome cardio, and his wrestling is top notch for sure. Now that hes at aka, I think with all the new tds and striking coaches, its gonna be nearly impossible to beat him. Since he can take a punch. And hasnt been damaged hardly at all, he will retire undefeated.

Its really hard to train for someone like him. Who can u get that has similar striking to spare with..its like Tony but in a less offensive way, since he goes for the td and uses the threat in his striking. Fedors striking isnt exactly normal. It is effective tho..he throws bombs with both hands and his speed is the best ever at hw. His unorthodox style helped him just like khabibs does. Training all the time with people taught the exact same techniques makes it way easier to defend and to attack. Way easier to gauge distance and get timing down. As long as he keeps adding strikes and doesnt get too cocky he should be good. With the whole dad coach thing it keeps him honest.

Habib's stand up is based on shitty outbursts without looking. How the fuck is he 28-0. Fortunately only 'til April - this is looking to be a happy birthday. I might not watch it on the night of 18th and wait for the 21st and celebrate by washing archived El Cucuy's flawless win down with that sex on the beach champ shit.

Heavyweight legend Fedor Emelianenko praised UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov but says “The Eagle” needs to work on his striking technique.

Emelianenko is regarded as the greatest Russian MMA fighter of all-time but in many ways, Nurmagomedov has taken the torch from “The Last Emperor” as the greatest Russian fighter on the planet right now. The two have the utmost respect for each other and both men have led to Russia becoming a hotbed for mixed martial arts around the globe.

In a new interview, Emelianenko says he is a big fan of Nurmagomedov and praised the UFC lightweight champ, but he also said that Nurmagomedov has holes in his game, namely in his striking technique.

Take a look below at what Emelianeko said about Nurmagomedov (via LowKing.pl).

“Khabib has found his style, wins by using his strengths. That’s good because he is a UFC champion and uses his strengths. In these elements he stands above his rivals,” Emelianenko said.

“However, Khabib must, of course, patch the gaps in its technique. For example, in the technique of punches and kicks. But he also does everything right. He also has time to polish these techniques to become even better.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...ys-he-needs-to-refine-his-striking-technique/

That's good advice but I don't think we will see it happen because Khabib is going to retire before the end of next year, so that's probably a maximum of 2 more times that we'll get to see him fight

Back