Fedor Emelianenko interested in Fabricio Werdum rematch

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...werdum-bellator-scott-coker-bellator-comments

“I have a meeting with Scott to discuss what the future holds as far as fighting,” Emelianenko said. “Obviously, (the pandemic) is unfortunate. Tomorrow, there will be a fight without fans, but these are the times we’re living in.”
On Thursday, Emelianenko and Coker will sit down in Connecticut to discuss business.

“I have a meeting with Scott to discuss what the future holds as far as fighting,” Emelianenko said. “Obviously, (the pandemic) is unfortunate. Tomorrow, there will be a fight without fans, but these are the times we’re living in.”

As for potential opponents, Emelianenko expressed interest in free agent Fabricio Werdum. Only six men have defeated Emelianenko – and Werdum (24-9-1) is one of them.

Can't wait, fair match up age wise

War Fedor goat. Beat Werdum and retire

Last edited:
5 years ago when Werdum beat Cain people were ready to call him GOAT. I was sure he was going to overtake Nog for number 2 spot. It’s amazing the guy who’s striking improved so much then regressed so badly.

Had Fedor fought that 2015 Werdum I’m sure he would have taken a beating. 5 years later I think both look like a shadow of their former selves but can still show glimpses of magic.

I’d love to see this fight, legacy wise it would help Fedor to get a loss back but for Werdum to be the only man to beat Fedor twice would also be something. Get Werdum signed!!

Fedor by KO

I hope Werdum signs with Bellator and we get this fight. Fedor has never had the chance to avenge any clean loss he’s suffered.
Fedor will beat Werdum.
WAR GOAT.

I hope Werdum signs with Bellator and we get this fight. Fedor has never had the chance to avenge any clean loss he’s suffered.
Fedor will beat Werdum.
WAR GOAT.

Bigfoot fought bare knuckle in 2019 and got beat by Gonzaga. Don’t know if the contract allows him to fight elsewhere but that’s a sure fire win for Fedor and a good payday for bigfoot.

Meathead is a win he could get back but I see him as an underdog and Bader isn’t happening. Hendo is way too old to run it back

Werdum, Bigfoot and Meathead rematches are how I want him to go out

Rematch after both men have lost finishing ability..... Dave Menne traveled to Brazil to improve his score with bustamante from ko loss to decision loss and retired happily.... Maybe worth doing it.

But I'd like to see the rest of werdum's career time to be spent in better competition.

Bigfoot fought bare knuckle in 2019 and got beat by Gonzaga. Don’t know if the contract allows him to fight elsewhere but that’s a sure fire win for Fedor and a good payday for bigfoot.

Meathead is a win he could get back but I see him as an underdog and Bader isn’t happening. Hendo is way too old to run it back

Werdum, Bigfoot and Meathead rematches are how I want him to go out
Hendo way too old? You just convinced Scott Coker to give him half the payroll

Fedor will punch Werdum's head into the 14th row this time around.

GOAT gets revenge.

Rematch after both men have lost finishing ability..... Dave Menne traveled to Brazil to improve his score with bustamante from ko loss to decision loss and retired happily.... Maybe worth doing it.

But I'd like to see the rest of werdum's career time to be spent in better competition.

Do you really think Oleynik was all that better of competition?

Hendo way too old? You just convinced Scott Coker to give him half the payroll

haha very true though I don’t know if he retired with fights still on his contract with UFC. I’d back Fedor against him and Bigfoot for sure, wish he was more hungry to get those wins back

I love fedor but Werdum is probably the worst possible matchup for him .

Fedor will win, he is too much for Werdum standing and surely will avoid diving in on the ground again.

Werdum made some great improvements to his striking around the Cain fight but he has slowed down badly since

Will Fedor fight with Vladimir Voronov passing away at the end of August? This article pre-dated that situation.

I just want Fedor to retire. The dude is already the GOAT. No need for him to tarnish his legacy any further. I still see Werdum as being a dangerous opponent for Fedor. At this point, a moderate tap is gonna KO Fedor, and if it goes to the ground I worry Werdum is gonna wrap him up. This isn't Prime PRIDE Fedor anymore, where he could defeat everyone.

Back