Fedor, Cruz and Aldo are the clear P4P top 3 MMA fighters in history

Lol you have Liddell in the top 10 but not Wand, Rampage, or Shogun.

Liddell has never been the #1 LHW and got mauled by Rampage in his Prime, twice. Who in turn got mauled a combined 3 times by Wand and Shogun
It's OK... He said shamrock was just outside the top 10... His comment should therefore be completely ignored and was clearly a joke

Lol you could argue with anderson being over GSP but not over Fedor.
He was fighting bigger men and finishing.
If GSP had fought MW and LHW for ten years finishing guys and beating them at their own thing it would be similar.
GSP inability to finish guys and the way he left on a sour note, just before USADA put him below Fedor and possibly Anderson
Where is the still active Fedor during the usada era?? Oh right, taking fixed fights in his own promotion. How is it that a guy who has only accomplished good things be so celebrated? Fedor refused to fight the best, stayed where peds are nearly over the counter and got destroyed multiple times in his mid 30's!! Cmon people

Yeah, in my book all fighters that got busted for PED's are disqualified.

With that said it's close between Fedor and GSP, I would give Fedor the edge with him fighting in HW, we have all seen that
what Fedor accomplished in HW no one have not even come close to, champions seem to last for two title defences and then that's it.

The talent pool in WW is for sure deeper but I wonder if GSP would have been able to accomplish that with the crazy weight difference in
HW and KO power.

didnt-read.gif

jidvlVv.gif

jGHNINW.gif

great technique unbelievable footwork

They're the only 3 viable GOAT candidates. Mighty Mouse hasn't convinced me yet and he's fighting in a division with a non-existent talent pool. Don't even mention the roided cheaters because they don't deserve to be in this prestigious discussion.
So it's Fedor out, Demetrious in. Or do you have proof that Fedor was always clean?

When you look at their skillset, fight IQ, their understanding of the sport and resume these three are way above anyone else in the history of MMA.

They're the only 3 viable GOAT candidates. Mighty Mouse hasn't convinced me yet and he's fighting in a division with a non-existent talent pool. Don't even mention the roided cheaters because they don't deserve to be in this prestigious discussion.

Cruz is a great technical fighter, a very intelligent man who was able to adapt the movement and footwork of the great Willie Pep to MMA. Even this crippled version of Cruz who returned after horrible injury problems was able to school TJ and Faber. I don't like his personality but he is a legit fighter.

Aldo's run in a stacked division was unparalleled, his loss to Conor doesn't diminish that. Anyone can have a bad day or make a mistake. Let's see how the rematch goes before making judgements. Because of that one loss Aldo has suddenly become the most underrated fighter here.

I don't need to even talk about Fedor because any real MMA fan knows everything.
Fedor ? He shouldnt even be mention in the same sentence as Jones, Anderson, and GSP.
giphy.gif

I agree, Anderson may have had the best case to challenge Aldo / Fedor for the GOAT but he screwed it up when he got caught cheating.

So it's Fedor out, Demetrious in. Or do you have proof that Fedor was always clean?

Innocent until found guilty. Even if he did cheat its not proven as it is with Anderson and Jones so you can't use it against him.

How come? Look at his resume, look at his skills. What else does he need to do?

I think he needs another really big win. If he beat Aldo, Frankie or Connor it would really help his cause. Skill wise he is up there.

Fedor 0-0 in UFC, just like you.

As we are talking about MMA and not UFC I don't see how this is relevant? Plus I was referring to your comment of proving that he has always been clean which makes your comment all the more confusing.

Where is the still active Fedor during the usada era?? Oh right, taking fixed fights in his own promotion. How is it that a guy who has only accomplished good things be so celebrated? Fedor refused to fight the best, stayed where peds are nearly over the counter and got destroyed multiple times in his mid 30's!! Cmon people

Because the UFC Heavyweight division with the likes of Tim Sylvia, Andrei Arlovski, Frank Mir, Jeff Monson, and Gan McGee would've obliterated the Pride Heavyweight division... Get real

And The Strikeforce Heavyweight division was easily superior to the UFC's

Fedor is in his late 30's. You can't discredit his entire career because he lost some fights at the end of his career. If GSP fought into his mid-late 30's he'd lose some fights too, It happens

No, Fedor's best opponents > GSP's best opponents.

And wins over guys like Hardy, Koscheck, Alves and Fitch are looking worse and worse as time goes on. Who had Fitch beat when he fought GSP? Fitch landed a fluke upkick on Alves and had split decision win over Diego Sanchez. That's it. Then he went to the "minor leagues" and got choked out by a can (Burkman). LOL.
Don't get me started on Koscheck, one of GSP's oh-so-great opponents. Guy has lost 5 in a row (most of them by finishes, something GSP couldn't achieve).
And Alves, well, he's basically been a 0.5 fighter since he fought GSP.

GSP's opponents are so overrated it's not even funny.

Lol... you came out of nowhere.

When did I mention Fedor ?

I was comparing Georges vs Cruz.

But..

Fedor beat Sylvia who got KOd by Mercer and if WSOF is the minor leagues then that promotion is the "little leagues" at least Burkman had prior UFC experience.

Also Fedor was apart of Mark Hunts 6 fight losing streak. Did you forget about that ?

You can poke holes in everyone's resume when you're looking in hindsight.

Last edited:
Don't even mention the roided cheaters because they don't deserve to be in this prestigious discussion.
L for thinking someone like Fedor is clean. Pride didn't care about testing. Have another L for not recognizing that all high-level athletes are on something. Take a final L for saying that Cruz "schooled" TJ. He got the nod in a close fight where many thought Dillashaw could've won. You're right about Aldo being underrated, but that other crap
<36>

He got submitted by Werdum, how is he GOAT?

If you think he isn't the GOAT because he lost to another great fighter when his prime had past that's fine. However you can't say he isn't the greatest because he can't prove he wasn't clean. Neither can any fighter in the history of MMA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DREDATORXXXXL
Back