Crime Federal Appeals Court Overturned Boston Marathon Bombers Death Sentence.

Nameless Ghoul

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
So the task is now to find jurors who have been living under a rock?

I oppose the death penalty based on principle. Maybe do away with it if you cannot get an according sentence even in a case like this?

I doubt a different jury isn't going to come down the same way.

Yes, jury bias was obviously the reason for giving the death penalty for a terrorist bombing a public gathering. And this wasn't even the 9th circuit appeals court.

It's not like they moved the death penalty off the table. They just remanded the case for a separate trial phase on penalty since the jury was tainted. It's the right call, and judges shouldn't degrade the law because it will make people who don't understand it mad.

If he was Canadian Trudeau would have already offered him a few million dollars.

And if he had he been arrested as a minor, illegally detained, held without trial for years, and coerced into a confession, all in violation of international law on due process and the treatment of juveniles, that payout would be rightful so as to keep governments from breaking the law with impunity.

JFC, I haven't weighed in on this moronic conservative talking point before, but it's pretty remarkable how much you guys outright despise the law and will look for any opportunity to shit on governments for following it. As if you guys want a country in which the government can detain, torture, and hold people indefinitely if they are suspected of being a terrorist. And, worst of all, you've all repeated this "Trudeau paid $10 million to a terrorist because racismzzz" line so many times that a lot of people just take it as accurate and truthful.

IMHO, correct ruling given the circumstances.

I'm not sure with the way social media works nowadays if moving it out of Boston matters. But you have to afford the scum bag the same rights as anyone else.

IMHO, correct ruling given the circumstances.

I'm not sure with the way social media works nowadays if moving it out of Boston matters. But you have to afford the scum bag the same rights as anyone else.
Part of me hopes he gets life and doesn't get protective custody.

If justice is served then so be it. Too bad things weren't handled correctly to begin with.

It's not like they moved the death penalty off the table. They just remanded the case for a separate trial phase on penalty since the jury was tainted. It's the right call, and judges shouldn't degrade the law because it will make people who don't understand it mad.

On what grounds is the jury bias?

So the task is now to find jurors who have been living under a rock?

I oppose the death penalty based on principle. Maybe do away with it if you cannot get an according sentence even in a case like this?

Getting rid of the death penalty always is in societies that also legalize gay marriage, cross dressing, interracial marriage.

The right wing sees biblical reasons or darwinist or both for keeping it. Though it is intereating how all the typical socially liberal thinga precede or follow the abolition of capital punishment.

And if he had he been arrested as a minor, illegally detained, held without trial for years, and coerced into a confession, all in violation of international law on due process and the treatment of juveniles, that payout would be rightful so as to keep governments from breaking the law with impunity.

JFC, I haven't weighed in on this moronic conservative talking point before, but it's pretty remarkable how much you guys outright despise the law and will look for any opportunity to shit on governments for following it. As if you guys want a country in which the government can detain, torture, and hold people indefinitely if they are suspected of being a terrorist. And, worst of all, you've all repeated this "Trudeau paid $10 million to a terrorist because racismzzz" line so many times that a lot of people just take it as accurate and truthful.
What nonsense.

Virtually all of the sins in this story were committed by US authorities. He was a US prisoner. The Supreme Court of Canada ruled in 2010 that the Canadian government did not have a duty to return Khadr to Canada.

Guantanamo Bay is a travesty and possibly the greatest embarrassment of the modern Western world. (Somehow even more embarrassing than the election of Trump.) Canada's complicity in the detention of Khadr is but a speck of wrongdoing in the grand scheme of the world's injustices.

Back