Feb.29th Mikey García vs Jessie Vargas DAZN

Yeah at this point all that is true....i think Garcia settles at 140 and Loma at 130.

Garcia fucked up by taking the Spence fight imo. Yeah the money was good but he's clearly not p4p material and that made it crystal clear. He's just another dude at this point, i think there's 3 or 4 guys at 135 who ruin him right now, and at 140 he's going to get blown out of the water by Taylor or Ramirez. I would probably pick Hooker and Prograis too honestly
Yeah big time fuck up. He was made to look like an ordinary smaller man in there against Spence. He should stick to 140 because he isn't big enough to compete at 147.

Mikey Garcia clearly isn’t a welterweight.

Why doesn’t someone make this clear to him?!

Hearn selling this as a potential Barrera/Morales<45>fuckin snake oil Ed.

Yeah big time fuck up. He was made to look like an ordinary smaller man in there against Spence. He should stick to 140 because he isn't big enough to compete at 147.
I don't know if he can even hang at 140 though....personally I'd rank him 5th at best.

I'd favor Taylor to absolutely fucking wreck him

Progais would box his ears off a lot like Spence but kinda a poor man's version

Jose Ramirez....he'd run Mikey over. Look what he just did to Hooker, which...

Hooker would beat him. Close probably but if Hooker uses his reach he gets a 116-112 UD imo if judging is fair

Matias is kinda borderline unknown to most but he'd hurt most guys above...he'd completely overwhelm Garcia imo

Then there's Baranchyk....I'm not sure on that. I guess ill give Garcia benefit of doubt there

That's a lot of dangerous people though....you can't just fight Jessie Vargas clones forever

Julio Cesar Martinez defends against Jay Harris on Feb.29 on Garcia-Vargas card on DAZN

Yeah I'd thought this prior to the Spence fight, it was clear that 140 was going to be his limit when he fought Broner and Lipinets. Broner's inactivity and hoe ass tendencies allowed Garcia to win that one (as well as his own skills) and his superior technique got him through the Lipinets fight. Then he goes back to lightweight, fights Easter and wins a Lightweight belt and all seemed well.

Mikey really makes it hard to like Mikey with his constant belt dropping, weight changing and weird opponent choices

It's pretty clear he's only at 147 cause there's no Mexican, Mexican-american draw at the weight right now that could make an attractive fight for Manny, and that Mayweather aside, a fight against a top Mexican is historically the most lucrative fight for Pac so...

TL/DR Mikey is looking to hit the Pacquiao Lotto (buy himself some more ugly cars and shitty land in the middle of the desert)

In all honesty though, while i think this fight is meant to be a showcase i think it will be turn out to be a bad look for Mikey. While Jessie isn't a world beater he's a big, lanky, durable Welter. Anything short of a stoppage by Mikey will not impress.

Garcia vs Vargas and Yafai vs Gonzalez could be both very entertaining scraps.

Garcia vs Vargas and Yafai vs Gonzalez could be both very entertaining scraps.
This is a good card. Glad to see roman back. Gassiev obviously wants that usyk revenge.
Too bad Parker ducked Whyte’s call out though.
Vargas via size
Mikey did better than him against Broner. Much better. Still vargas made it more fan friendly and i expect him to make it a war again.

The Star in Frisco is not the biggest place

we did Mid-Level seats for Spence vs Ocampo and it was decent

but this time we went cheap and got Upper Level

against a big name and we probably do floor seats

Garcia vs Vargas

I'm not saying anything shocking by stating Mikey looked like garbage against Spence. Too flabby, slow. Despite what Robert said (that Mikey hits as hard as Chino) I didn't see the same kind of power out of Mikey. He's shots weren't budging Errol at all.

All things being equal I think Garcia is the more skilled of the two, but I can see Vargas being Mikey's second loss if he comes in the same as he did against Spence.

Back