Feb.29th Mikey García vs Jessie Vargas DAZN

I imagine there was more money attached to a fight against Spence than Loma. More money plus a belief he could escape the Spence fight relatively unscathed probably decided it for him. It’s a business in the end.

I guess you are right.
lets see what happens next :)

Glad to see Mikey stay at 147. That is where the best fighters are and glad to see him take them on. Danny and Keef next please

Remember Mikey vs. Danny was being talked about first, big bro Robert doesn’t want that fight. He still gets nightmares “nooooo Brandon nooooooooo”.

Spence was doing his thing and letting his hands go but I still don’t think he was going 100% in there with Mikey, he keeps messing around in this division and he’s going to get sent to the floor looking for chuck e. cheese coins.

mikey-garcia-vargas%20(11).jpg

Remember Mikey vs. Danny was being talked about first, big bro Robert doesn’t want that fight. He still gets nightmares “nooooo Brandon nooooooooo”.

That fight would be a bloodbath. Danny wouldn't miss that big fat stonehenge skull of Mikey's with his counters.

That fight would be a bloodbath. Danny wouldn't miss that big fat stonehenge skull of Mikey's with his counters.
I wouldn't mind seeing either Garcia get knocked the fuck out

I wouldn't mind seeing either Garcia get knocked the fuck out

Only one i see having the tools to stop Danny at 147 are Spence, Manny, or potentially Crawford (who i think is a sucker for a good right hand counter, which Danny has). I don't dislike Mikey but i'd get a kick out of Danny completing the ESNews double, knocking out him and Bam Bam. Reporting!!!

Have you seen his head and cheeks now that he stayed at 147? Holy shit he’s like Hey Arnold’s lost Mexican brother.

He took Spence’s shots pretty well to the head and told Robert it was the body shots that bothered him. Danny’s body work is underrated and very effective when he commits, has a really good right hand to the gut. Just a bad idea all around.

Only one i see having the tools to stop Danny at 147 are Spence, Manny, or potentially Crawford (who i think is a sucker for a good right hand counter, which Danny has). I don't dislike Mikey but i'd get a kick out of Danny completing the ESNews double, knocking out him and Bam Bam. Reporting!!!

From what I’ve seen I don’t think anyone actually stops Danny unless his chin deteriorates, after that snap your head back, twist your neck, send your mouth piece flying, perfectly timed right against the ropes vs. a prime Matthyse I just think he pulls a Chuvalo/La Porte in his career.

True about Crawford tho, not only a right, but when Kav would double up the left to a jab, hook. he’d often land the hook and even hurt him a little. Bud slacks this much against Danny and that right and hook is landing no problem. It would be hilarious if Danny pulls out a stoppage because I know if Arum comes to terms with the other promoters and goes for a shot at the top WW’s Danny will without a doubt be the first choice to test waters as he’d be thought out as the easiest of the bunch to outbox.

From what I’ve seen I don’t think anyone actually stops Danny unless his chin deteriorates, after that snap your head back, twist your neck, send your mouth piece flying, perfectly timed right against the ropes vs. a prime Matthyse I just think he pulls a Chuvalo/La Porte in his career.

True about Crawford tho, not only a right, but when Kav would double up the left to a jab, hook. he’d often land the hook and even hurt him a little. Bud slacks this much against Danny and that right and hook is landing no problem. It would be hilarious if Danny pulls out a stoppage because I know if Arum comes to terms with the other promoters and goes for a shot at the top WW’s Danny will without a doubt be the first choice to test waters as he’d be thought out as the easiest of the bunch to outbox.

Agree on all counts. And Crawford seems to like to mix it up... but you never know. Since the Matthyse fight all these top bangers and brawlers, Mexicans aside, all seem to find a way to run and/or spoil Danny. Wouldn't shock me to see Terrence put in a 10K run over ten rounds against Danny should they ever meet. But i'm not hating. Really. Swift has had a lot of down time last couple of years. Hopefully he's been using some of that time to expand his skillset to counteract some of the cynical tactics used against him.

A lot of people give Garcia shit but i can't imagine Cowboy Bob Arum being too pumped to test his golden goose against a guy who just left top rank for pbc...Lomachenko already has a loss
Loma won't take that fight above 135, he's gone on record with that and I don't see Garcia having any intention to come back to 135. I think if it was at 135 Bob could be persuaded to make the fight such is Team Loma's confidence in beating Garcia, at 135.

Maybe I just dont know about what happend behind the curtains but if Mikey had the option to fight both and chose Spence, it just doesnt make sense at all to me.
And like PHATV said, he would have been undisputed #1 in boxing at that time.
But maybe I am just salty because it didnt happen and it was a great move after all...or politics...

Edit: Of course it only doesnt make sense if Mikey thinks he can beat Loma

I think you hit the proverbial nail on the head. If he was confident at beating Loma he could have made that fight then gone up to fight Spence if he still felt like it. The way he did it was to go up in weight, lose as expected to the bigger man and then 'not' be able to get back down to 135. But I haven't seen anything from him that makes me think he'd even attempt to.

Loma won't take that fight above 135, he's gone on record with that and I don't see Garcia having any intention to come back to 135. I think if it was at 135 Bob could be persuaded to make the fight such is Team Loma's confidence in beating Garcia, at 135.
Yeah at this point all that is true....i think Garcia settles at 140 and Loma at 130.

Garcia fucked up by taking the Spence fight imo. Yeah the money was good but he's clearly not p4p material and that made it crystal clear. He's just another dude at this point, i think there's 3 or 4 guys at 135 who ruin him right now, and at 140 he's going to get blown out of the water by Taylor or Ramirez. I would probably pick Hooker and Prograis too honestly

Agree on all counts. And Crawford seems to like to mix it up... but you never know. Since the Matthyse fight all these top bangers and brawlers, Mexicans aside, all seem to find a way to run and/or spoil Danny. Wouldn't shock me to see Terrence put in a 10K run over ten rounds against Danny should they ever meet. But i'm not hating. Really. Swift has had a lot of down time last couple of years. Hopefully he's been using some of that time to expand his skillset to counteract some of the cynical tactics used against him.

Yeah I hear ya, im a fan but sometimes even that is hard to be. His motivation has put me off in the past, im expecting good things from him if he is to keep working with Briscoe, otherwise I see the same weak camp with em then that sort of leaves me discouraged.

Back