Feb.15th FOX’ Caleb Plant vs Vincent Feigenbutz PBC

Jack Reiss is sort of weird. He stretches out the counts waaaay too long for my liking. He gives a 10 count then spends like another 5 seconds talking to the fighter.
I never understood HBO’s hard on for Jack Reiss by saying he’s the best referee, what exactly did he do other than his job that made him so special according to Lampley and Merchant?

Jack Reiss is sort of weird. He stretches out the counts waaaay too long for my liking. He gives a 10 count then spends like another 5 seconds talking to the fighter.
Cant fuckin stand it. Needs to cut that shit out

"The referee is the sole arbiter in all championship contests and the only person authorized to stop a contest at any stage if he considers it to be one-sided or if either boxer is in such condition that to continue might subject them to serious injury."
Rule 5.1
well, there you go I guess.

he gave all the chances in the world to Fury in the 12th round. But in this one he has a quick trigger. I don’t like him as a Ref. Piece of shit
Meh, it was a judgement call, but I think he got that one really wrong. One second doesn't matter, so don't argue that point in his corner.

Shit. Don’t hit the canvas two times in a round. Put himself in that position

eh, fuck that trainer. Perrella classy but his trainer not.

I never understood HBO’s hard on for Jack Reiss by saying he’s the best referee, what exactly did he do other than his job that made him so special according to Lampley and Merchant?
Aside from his long counts, he's not bad. But I feel like he made up his own KD procedure. You're just supposed to ask the fighter to put his hands up and walk to you. Its not a DUI test.

nooooo. Can he continue. Not can he continue for ——-
I know, I mean if there had been two minutes left that still should have continued. Ramos likely stops him if there was two minutes left, but that fight should have continued and been over in this instance. Again, though. It's a judgement call and if I'm Jack I'm not trying to see anyone hurt in there but damn he should have let that continue. Run it back, I guess. It was a fun fight, anyway.

I know, I mean if there had been two minutes left that still should have continued. Ramos likely stops him if there was two minutes left, but that fight should have continued and been over in this instance. Again, though. It's a judgement call and if I'm Jack I'm not trying to see anyone hurt in there but damn he should have let that continue. Run it back, I guess. It was a fun fight, anyway.
I disagree. Had he let it go, he would have been showing favoritism to Perella. The only reason he'd let it go is because he assumes the guy is ahead and deserves the W.

Yeah, I was about to say I didn't like the stoppage but then that stumble.... Questionable stoppage I guess but not a bad one.
I still say bad more than questionable, but it is what it is. I don't think it was sinister or anything. Just flawed/wrong.

I disagree. Had he let it go, he would have been showing favoritism to Perella. The only reason he'd let it go is because he assumes the guy is ahead and deserves the W.
No, he was fully able to continue, IMO. 1 second or 2 minutes left. Not sure he would have survived two more minutes with Ramos if there had been that much time, but he still should have been allowed to continue even if it had been early in the round at that point. Just my $.02. It's not the worst I've ever seen, but it was bad. Rematch will rectify any beefs, though.

it literally needs to be ‘can this fighter continue’. Nothing else or it lends itself to favoritism, prejudice, $$, horrific injury.

No, he was fully able to continue, IMO. 1 second or 2 minutes left. Not sure he would have survived two more minutes with Ramos if there had been that much time, but he still should have been allowed to continue even if it had been early in the round at that point. Just my $.02. It's not the worst I've ever seen, but it was bad. Rematch will rectify any beefs, though.

didn’t respond or look well. If there was 2:30 left in the 3rd would you question it?

I agree with Dan Goosen. You can have a score for one guy but be OK with a draw.

didn’t respond or look well. If there was 2:30 left in the 3rd would you question it?
Yes, that's why I'm saying. My beef isn't the one second (I agree that is not part of the decision), it's that I thought he appeared fit to continue there to at least go out on his shield.

On a side note. Lennox looks huge. And slimmer

Back