Featherweight Prospect With The Most Potential?

I'll go with Rodriguez, but I still think he is raw, needs time.

Going with Yair 'cause I have the memory of a goldfish.

I'm a sucker for the Choi bandwagon. He looks good. Ridiculously composed in a rough in a rough spot with very clean striking.

I'm going with KS and Yair. I was extremely impressed with how easily KS was able to get back up to his feet (twice) in his last fight. Tavares is one of the better grapplers in the division and very physically imposing. Obviously, his striking is every bit as good as advertised. He's very fluid, very accurate and utilizes feints expertly. Yair is a unique physical talent, and I believe he's just scratching the surface. If I had to pick just one, for now, I'd probably slightly lean towards KS.

Ishihara intrigues me as well. His striking is pretty devastating. It's more than just the straight left, too; he was destroying Erosa with inside leg kicks and had Hirota limping out of the cage. Training at TAM will go a long way to help him round out his overall MMA game.

Choi. What kind of dumbass question is this.

My favorite thing is going to be when Choi's next fight comes up and everyone calls him a 'hype machine'. It's funny how quickly sherdog falls out of love with a prospect when they get a main event or any semblance of a push. Yair, Bektic, or Choi would be my pick here. I think Yair has the most upside to be a true superstar.

The Dooooooooo Hooooooooo train can't be stopped.

Prepare for the first ever 12-year-old UFC Champion.

Watching Yair this wkend I drew the conclusion he isn't powerful enough to pose a threat to the upper echelon.

Back