Featherweight Prospect With The Most Potential?

Actualized174

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The Featherweight division is becoming ridiculously stacked. From elite veterans to new, hungry and talented up-and-comers. Who out of these new kids are you most impressed by? Who do you think will climb the ranks into the top 5, who has the most potential to grow as a fighter?

Brian Ortega:
Brian+Ortega+Rear+Naked+Chokes+Mike+de+la+Torre+UFC+on+Fox+12.gif

Doo Hoi Choi:
Doo%2BHo%2BChoi%2BBlasts%2BJuan%2BManuel%2BPuig%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B57%2BAustin.gif

Yair Rodriguez:
AmusingDeterminedKangaroo.gif

Teruto Ishihara:
SociableThickFrenchbulldog.gif

Makwan Amirkhani:
Z5k7KLw.gif

Last edited:
I'll go with choi.
Rodriguez will get figured out.

Choi and Bektic are my prospects to watch...

Choi and Bektic.

Ortega is pretty good but seems to have to get his ass kicked to step up his game; that's going to catch up with him sooner rather than later.

Rodriguez is the wild card, he's the most athletic of the prospects but needs to tighten his game up instead of just being flashy. He probably has the highest ceiling of all of them just based on his athleticism and absurd gas tank, I've never seen a fighter push a pace like he did for 5 rounds, shit was crazy.

Ishihara is fun to watch (and listen to) but I don't think he's all that skill-wise. Wasn't doing that great up until the KO punch last night. He definitely has a future, but not as bright as the others listed.

Probably makwan. Until proven otherwise, strong wrestlers are still better than flashy strikers. Choi, Rodriguez, Ishehara, are cool guys, but being cool wont always cut it

Bektic and Choi for me , they look very well polished enough to take out those in the top 10. Yair still has to work on his boxing at least for me , Ishihara still seems a little raw but working with Team Alpha Male might help him out , and T-City just lets loose too late which I think will catch up to him pretty soon. Also like to see more of Mr. Finland to see how high his ceiling is in the UFC.

Isn't Max Holloway younger then those guys minus Yair.

ortega is my pick to get the belt out of the current prospects.

closely followed by dhc.

Doo Ho Choi

yeah but he got a shit more fights in the ufc than any of them to be called a prospect still.

Definitely gone from prospect to top contender/ one of the best FW's in the world at the moment.

Doo Ho and T-City. They should train together. Each one's strength is the others relative weakness.

I think they will all do good , they all have losses already but Doo & Yair only have 1 , Doo 's was a split & Yair's being a KO loss I would have to go with Doo .

Back