Fear in JDS eyes at yesterdays stare down?

I wish I cared enough to sift through and post the 10,000 times this exact thread has been made about other fights and the "nervous" and "scared" guy comes out and smashes the "confident" guy.

to me , cain looks more determined and hungry

I think that the majority of the time a Sherdog posts about a fighter being scared he is projecting his own fears onto another fighter.

Also, they could be right. But there are lots of types of fear. Maybe he is afraid of getting embarrassed, losing and never getting another title shot. Maybe he is afraid of not performing his best. All normal. But I doubt he is afraid of pain or fighting, which is how some people will read the title/OP.

nervous for a fight? no way!

"I'm supremely confident but scared to death" -the only & only, Iron Mike Tyson.

Shogun Rua looked nervous as heck for his first Lyoto fight and he did amazing.

I prefer JDS, but Cain is gonna win this. He is too much for anyone in the hw division to handle right now, even JDS.

What was the deal with JDS yesterday? He had terrible body language.

[YT]jN0hO5RmiHA[/YT]

Were his hands trembling? The guy seemed extremely nervous overall. At 4:05 he takes a deep breath, shrugs his shoulders and puts his hands in his pockets. Meanwhile Cain stands there and exuberates confidence. Also at 4:13 he just looks, I don't know, worried? In the last UFC prime time, DC said, 'You don't forget that type of beating.' And I do wonder just how much that 25 minute beat down has gotten to JDS.

I will really be paying attention to his body language at todays weigh ins...

Yes. his arms were shaking. His breathing got slightly more aggressive.

But that wasn't fear. That was hunger. That was an adrenaline rush. He just simply cannot wait to fight Cain and take his belt back.

That was a major rush on Junior's part. Cain was calm as hell. Cain looks more and more like Fedor everyday. Emotionless. Scary.

It's a lot of pressure. He will not get this chance again while Cain is champion if he loses. I'd be tense too. Doesn't mean he's afraid.

Like Meg Ryan in Courage Under Fire.

"It's just tension, asshole. It doesn't mean anything."

It's a lot of pressure. He will not get this chance again while Cain is champion if he loses. I'd be tense too. Doesn't mean he's afraid.

Like Meg Ryan in Courage Under Fire.

"It's just tension, asshole. It doesn't mean anything."

Yeah man, like I said, fear probably wasn't the right word. I just think it stood out to me because his mannerism was very different from past stare downs. Also, no handshake between the two. :eek: Dis gun be good.

I dont think jds is scared, just seems nervous... So hard to gage what cain is feeling, dude is like a cyborg..

Yeah man, like I said, fear probably wasn't the right word. I just think it stood out to me because his mannerism was very different from past stare downs. Also, no handshake between the two. :eek: Dis gun be good.

I agree, I think it's going to be explosive and both guys are going to bring it. I had Cain up until as early as last week and at this point I have JDS winning by TKO late in the second. A brutal one at that, possibly lights out.

Yeah he didnt look confident at all.

pro fighter or not you really dont shake off a beatdown like that easily. its prob been fucking with his head for the last 10 months. Fans act like its something easy to just forget but its gotta have taken its toll. Thats why he needed those excuses and he came up with quite a few of them.

LOL@all the hate on this forum towards white belts. We are all white belts for some point of our posting time... get over that fact and stop always posting that someone is a white belt and is thus, in your opinion, useless and unworthy of posting. I have seen posts by whitebelts that were far superior than many of those written by coloured-belt keyboard warriors.

Back