FDA shutting down food inspections

Well, they would have to adjust If there's competition offering a safer version of their product, or it's somehow proven that their product is doing harm.

But without the government and those 'pesky' regulations, there's many times where the public wouldn't of known what was making us sick..the companies themselves could even not have known because they wouldn't have had to do any safety testing
This shows why debate and compromise is good. Over regulation can stifle economic growth, but there is an undeniable good in ensuring public safety. Freedom for all is easy to say, harder to do. Everything is hopelessly intertwined; one mans freedom to earn a living (a restaurant or farm) should not be permitted to infringe on another man's right to life (food safety). The Government of the people has to do some "pesky" things that are for the people even when some of the people don't always like it, or understand the reasons behind it. FDA, CDC, FEMA, EPA, and numerous others weren't envisioned by the framers, but are "essential" even if their employees currently are not.

Story on NPR yesterday discussed how many springtime beers will not be on the shelves tgis year becuase the federal office that approves beer labels is in the midist of the shutdown.

Thats right, we have a federal office that approves the labels on beer bottles.

Spare me...then if the shutdown is the cause of this how come this food is coming up contaminated before the shut down? The FDA is on the take with too much corruption.

All the food companies should take the opportunity and leave out the excessive preservatives and fake sugars. .

Remind you mother fuckers what freedom use to taste like.

You call this bullshit they put out now Animal Cracker's?

I almost want to buy a 30 year old box just so my kids can know the truth.

Spare me...then if the shutdown is the cause of this how come this food is coming up contaminated before the shut down? The FDA is on the take with too much corruption.
Recent e.coli outbreaks happened after the current administration reduced funding to the FDA and deregulated water contamination testing. Think that might be related?

Recent e.coli outbreaks happened after the current administration reduced funding to the FDA and deregulated water contamination testing. Think that might be related?
I think Obama caused more e coli by promoting sodomy.

Back