Crime FBI serves search warrant on Sen. Richard Burr

jefferz

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
FBI serves search warrant on Sen. Richard Burr amid stock trading controversy: report

The FBI served a search warrant on Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) Wednesday as an investigation pushes forward on whether or not the senator violated a law that prevents members of Congress from trading on insider information they learn from their work, The Los Angeles Times reported.

Federal agents seized Burr’s cellphone after they served a search warrant on the Republican at his residence in the Washington area, a law enforcement official told the Times.

Catilin Carroll, a spokeswoman for Burr, declined to comment on the reported warrant.

Burr, the chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, sold a significant percentage of his stock portfolio in February shortly before the stock market declined and after his committee was receiving daily coronavirus briefings.

The Justice Department started to probe stock transactions made by lawmakers, including Barr, ahead of the steep market decline, CNN reported last month.

Burr sold off between $628,000 to $1.72 million of his holdings on Feb. 13 in 33 separate transactions, according to ProPublica which first reported on the senator’s selloff in March.

Burr has denied using any information he learned in his capacity as a senator to guide his decisions regarding selling his stocks.

Hard to trust the FBI to behave in a non-partisan manner at this point. That said, if he did it, I hope he gets nailed for it.

Wasn't there like 5-6 of them total who did this on both sides? Round them all up, including Feinstein.

FBI leadership is Republican.

Neat. FBI records show they are venomously hostile to the current administration and that they act with political motives in their investigations. Not saying that's linked to the current investigation. Just pointing out the obvious: the FBI isn't very trustworthy.

Neat. FBI records show they are venomously hostile to the current administration and that they act with political motives in their investigations. Not saying that's linked to the current investigation. Just pointing out the obvious: the FBI isn't very trustworthy.
Senator Burr is not in the administration.

Senator Burr is not in the administration.

I'm aware. But thanks for looking out for me.

I think any political investigation involving the FBI should be viewed with a lot of skepticism.

I'm aware. But thanks for looking out for me.

I think any political investigation involving the FBI should be viewed with a lot of skepticism.
I think senatorial stock-dumping should be viewed with a lot of skepticism. Seems the FBI agrees.

So yeah, anyone who thinks the FBI is doing this for partisan deep state democrat reasons needs to pull their head out of their asses.

Lock him up if he did the shit. Idgaf what side he's on.

Very very surprising that law enforcement might sometimes be "venomously hostile" to groups that like to break the law.

giphy-downsized.gif

Very very surprising that law enforcement might sometimes be "venomously hostile" to groups that like to break the law.

giphy-downsized.gif

Given the FBI's need to falsify warrant applications because they didn't have enough legit reason for them and the FBI's need to set up perjury traps when investigations turn up nothing derogatory, I'd say it's clear you've got the cart ahead of the horse here.

Given the FBI's need to falsify warrant applications because they didn't have enough legit reason for them and the FBI's need to set up perjury traps when investigations turn up nothing derogatory, I'd say it's clear you've got the cart ahead of the horse here.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, one FBI lawyer altering an email to flip Carter Page's history as a CIA informant to get a third FISA renewal application does not a giant Deep State conspiracy make. And Flynn pleaded guilty in front of two different judges, whoops.

Shall we compare that with a personal lawyer, a campaign chairman, and two campaign advisors (and maybe a national security advisor still) that all got real prison time? All good people, I'm sure.

February? Any idiot online paying attention to what was happening in China could have realized what was going to happen by then.

Back